Texture/Model Varients

In this forum you will find and post information regarding the modding of Star Wars Battlefront 2. DO NOT POST MOD IDEAS/REQUESTS.

Moderator: Moderators

Boiyoiyoing
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: SWBFII
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Texture/Model Varients

Post by Boiyoiyoing »

Is it possible to override textures on character with alternate versions in order to have visual variations? Or possibly even make the same unit have several model variants? I'm new to modding this game and noticed that there are several rebel face textures. Is there some way to format a property in an ODF file with something along the lines of
"GeometryName = "model1(0.25),model2(0.25),model3(0.25),model4(0.25)"
or
"OverrideTexture = "texture1(0.25),texture2(0.25),texture3(0.25),texture4(0.25)"
I've modded a game before with a similar system of place. Where the decimals represent the chance of a model or texture being used.

I also wondered about the same class being able to use different ODF files. Because I was thinking a could use that as a workaround and a way to the same class different sets of voice overs.
mrcool
Private Recruit
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: OG BF2
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Re: Texture/Model Varients

Post by mrcool »

I know of there being several retexture mods, so yes, though I don't know how to do that. The members here use a Discord server, maybe try asking there