Smart: Yet Lame

In this forum you will find and post information regarding the modding of Star Wars Battlefront 2. DO NOT POST MOD IDEAS/REQUESTS.

Moderator: Moderators

OOM-9

Smart: Yet Lame

Post by OOM-9 »

I was looking through the SIDE files as that is where I spend most of my modding time, and I openned the ep3 rifleman...
[GameObjectClass]
ClassParent = "rep_inf_default_rifleman"

[Properties]
GeometryName = "rep_inf_ep3trooper"
GeometryLowRes = "rep_inf_ep3trooper_low1"
FirstPerson = "REP\reptroop;rep_1st_trooper"
Apparently they used a lot of shadow odfs that simply call on the old ep2 clone classes, and the shadow odf just tells them to call the new models...

Smart, yet it will be lame if you want to mix ep2 and 3 clones in one SIDE...

GAH *edit* even lamer :P

[GameObjectClass]
ClassParent = "rep_inf_default"

[Properties]
WEAPONSECTION = 1
WeaponName = "rep_weap_inf_rifle"
WeaponAmmo = 4

WEAPONSECTION = 2
WeaponName = "rep_weap_inf_pistol"
WeaponAmmo = 0

WEAPONSECTION = 3
WeaponName = "rep_weap_inf_thermaldetonator"
WeaponAmmo = 4
WeaponChannel = 1

WEAPONSECTION = 4
WeaponName = "rep_weap_award_rifle"
WeaponAmmo = 4

WEAPONSECTION = 5
WeaponName = "rep_weap_award_pistol"
WeaponAmmo = 6

VOUnitType = 121
Further inspection shows they are building units in tiers of shadow ODFs all based on a infantry default... the class specific ODF is just a weaponset, which means that Health and speeds all draw from a single infantry template... I wonder if the old style rediculously long unit ODF will still work in this new system... if not, then this is going to be a 'bizatch' to get highly customized unit classes...

DERF! *edit*

~OOM-9
[GameObjectClass]
// Base class for all rep soldiers, inherits from com_inf_default
ClassParent = "com_inf_default"
GeometryName = "rep_inf_trooper.msh"

[Properties]
// Mostly sound and general VO in this file
That's not the end of the horrid ODF string... there is an common_inf_default that all inf draw from O.o

The Republic doesn't even have it's own... this is going to make creating highly customized units increadably aggrivating...

~OOM-9
Delta_57_Dash
Jedi
Jedi
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

RE: Smart: Yet Lame

Post by Delta_57_Dash »

not really... dude, anything that is in a child odf overwrites what was in the parent odf...

so if you want to make 2 rifles, make a rep_weap_inf_arc_rifle_parent.odf, then rep_weap_inf_arc_rifle and rep_weap_inf_arc_rifle2 and just change what you want in each of them...

alternately, find the parent with what you want to change in it, and start the new unit with the parent of that odf as the parent of your new odf.

muahhahah only had the mod tools for 10 minutes before I figured out how efficent this is (and incredibly hard to make new sides... thanks lucasarts you took out the "import side" feature)
OOM-9

Re: RE: Smart: Yet Lame

Post by OOM-9 »

Delta_57_Dash wrote:not really... dude, anything that is in a child odf overwrites what was in the parent odf...

so if you want to make 2 rifles, make a rep_weap_inf_arc_rifle_parent.odf, then rep_weap_inf_arc_rifle and rep_weap_inf_arc_rifle2 and just change what you want in each of them...

alternately, find the parent with what you want to change in it, and start the new unit with the parent of that odf as the parent of your new odf.

muahhahah only had the mod tools for 10 minutes before I figured out how efficent this is (and incredibly hard to make new sides... thanks lucasarts you took out the "import side" feature)

Yea it's efficient, aka the 'Smart' part of the title, yet it's lame because all the info for editing the unit isn't all in one nice neat ODF like it used to be.
Delta_57_Dash
Jedi
Jedi
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

RE: Re: RE: Smart: Yet Lame

Post by Delta_57_Dash »

ya true... but we can just port units over from swbf 1 dude >.>