New jedi issues

In this forum you will find and post information regarding the modding of Star Wars Battlefront 2. DO NOT POST MOD IDEAS/REQUESTS.

Moderator: Moderators

Blaaguuu

New jedi issues

Post by Blaaguuu »

Ive been messign aroud making a new jedi character, using Leia's mesh, and Luke's animations, with a modified version of leia's texture, to make her look evil, and less like leia (shes a villain).

Ive got her ingame and fighting (prettyw ell too, with her 1.5x length sabre) but there are several big problems with her.

first, shes always compeltely black. the model looks fine, but she has no texture. shes also missing her skirt, but i might keep it that way, if the texture looks ok once i get it working. In my side's msh folder i have blg_hero_badleia.msh and blg_hero_badleia.tga, aswell as the _low mesh and the .option for each file. in the character odf i have the geometry set (as well as the skirt), but i havent seen any variable for the texture? shoudl it automatically fidn the texture witht eh same name as the mesh, or am i missing soemthing?

also, when i am at the character select screen, her name 0x887B3864... which must be the memory location for soemthing... not my desired name. again, i havent seen any variable for a characters "name"... am i missign soemthing? also in the character select screen, where it shows here 3 attacks, the Saber Throw and Force Push are fine, but the main weapon says blg_weap_blsaber, which is the name of the weapon odf.

anyone know how i could fix these things? i made this character jstu so i coudl mess around and learn how to make a new unit, so i would like to get her workign as near perfectly as possible before moving on to a more ambitious project.
Qdin
Old School Staff
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

RE: new jedi issues

Post by Qdin »

haha

that's a classic :wink:

you're not allowed to rename the .tga :)

the texture has already been pointed for the model in XSI before it got exported - so if you rename the texture, it won't recognize it. so let her have her original .tga and .tga.option file(s).

and the 2nd problem must be the localization - I gotta admit I haven't been able to find the localizer tool yet :roll: but it should more or less be the same like in SWBF1. all you gotta do, is to check out the sticky in the SWBF1 forums about localization, then you'll know how to fix it :wink:

- Qdin
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by Teancum »

Yeah, if you wante to reskin a character, you need to hex edit the msh file to point to the new tga.

And QDin, the localize tool is in your dataMapname folder. It's called editlocalize.bat.
Blaaguuu

Post by Blaaguuu »

cool, just renamed my tga to the original name and it works fine. Ill try messing aroudn with that localization stuff tomorrow.

thanks, guys!