In the works: Enhanced flyer (side addon)

In this forum you will find and post information regarding the modding of Star Wars Battlefront 2. DO NOT POST MOD IDEAS/REQUESTS.

Moderator: Moderators

Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

In the works: Enhanced flyer (side addon)

Post by Teancum »

Okay, in working on Bespin: Platforms I've realized that I can't just add the space fighters, since they behave totally different than the BF1 flyers. SO, to remedy the problem I am creating a new side. Then I thought to myself, "Self, why don't you just create a whole side to enhance all of the flyers?"

SO, here's what's planned, in order of priority:

1-All the BF1 style flyers -- they'll be needed for non-space maps
2-All of my 'custom' flyers -- this include other peoples BF1 flyers, too. (the idea is that it is one centralized download)
3-Non-space support for BF2 flyers -- in other words, make new odfs so that the BF2 ships will behave like BF1 ships
4-Space support for BF1 flyers -- in other words, make new odfs so that the BF1 ships behave like BF2 ships
6-Cockpit support for all cockpit files we currently have (not really a priority at all - I don't use cockpits - but I'll put it in nonetheless)

The plan is to release the files in 'waves'. As I get something done on the priority list, I release a new version. Currently I have a few BF1 flyers in BF2 (behaving like they used to), so it shouldn't be very hard.

On a related note, as far as vehicles go, my thoughts were this:

1 - A new side called BF1 (this contains BF1 style flyers, plus other vehicles not in BF2, including community content) --my current side is called this, I just haven't included non-flyers. What do you think?

2 - A new side called SP1 (this would contain any BF1 flyer not in BF2, set up for space, including community content)

The idea is to have one download for anyone who needs these vehicles, and not have 1000 different side folders. Your thoughts?

Oh, and I should mention there would be two differernt downloads for each release.

1-A lvl file that you would put in your side folder. This means each author doesn't have to add all of those assets he doesn't use from the pack. It would just use the lvl file in your side folder, and that would work for multiple maps. (Note to authors: Once we're rolling, make sure that if you use these packs to delete the appropriate lvl files from your side folder to cut down on download time)

2-The source pack - this is essentially the uncompiled side folder, that authors can work from. They also could use it to create new sides if they don't like the way a particular vehicle works.
Last edited by Teancum on Thu Feb 23, 2006 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
maxloef
Major General
Major General
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by maxloef »

EXCELENT! good idea and i know can u can handle it ;)