Is it possible to copy CPs from one layer to the next?

In this forum you will find and post information regarding the modding of Star Wars Battlefront 2. DO NOT POST MOD IDEAS/REQUESTS.

Moderator: Moderators

Rends
Sith
Sith
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Is it possible to copy CPs from one layer to the next?

Post by Rends »

so far all my Coruscant city CPs are stored in the base layer yet. But i would like to have them on the conquest layer.
Is there any way to just copy and paste them and the regions to the conquest layer or do i need to add them again and delete the old ones in the base layer?
Darth-Derkie
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet

Post by Darth-Derkie »

This is what I did... sorry if I'm not clear enough. First I deleted all cp's and placed them again for each game mode. (But I kept all regions, spawn paths etc. in the Base layer), so just place your cp's again and fill only the information in needed by the specific game mode you are editing.
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny

Post by Teancum »

Here's what I did, modified for your use, Rends:

1-Switch to the Conquest layer
2-select 'objects' -- delete the four default CP's
3-select 'regions' -- delete em all
4-select 'path' -- delete em all
5-switch to base layer
6-select anything you want (objects, regions, paths, bothpaths, etc)
7-Hit 'Move Data Into Layer...'
8-Select 'conquest'
9-Repeat for anything else needed

Rends, I'd highly recommend just moving all of the CP's to conquest, which of course is BF1 style gameplya. There's lots of advantages:
1-You'll have already deleted all that default stuff in the conquest layer, so no more extra CP's
2-It's very easy to add things to different layers for different types of gameplay
3-It's basically world geometry only (aside from things like recharge droids) -- so again, #2 becomes easier.

Slightly off-topic:
For anyone wanting to convert old maps, be sure to delete EVERYTHING in the conquest layer when you first open the map, then move all BF1 control points and vehicle spawns to the conquest layer. This makes it much easier, as you can have only the world geometry in the base layer, and the gamemodes can have different layouts.