BF2_modtools.exe not working

In this forum you will find and post information regarding the modding of Star Wars Battlefront 2. DO NOT POST MOD IDEAS/REQUESTS.

Moderator: Moderators

Lord-Bandu

BF2_modtools.exe not working

Post by Lord-Bandu »

I take it this is some kind of 'sptest' that was in the swbf1 tools.

Iv put it in the Gamedata folder in my swbf2 game Directory but when I click on it I get a 'please insert CD1' error .

My game is DVD so i presume thats why?

will there be a fix for this ?, if indeed this is the case.
Darth-Derkie
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by Darth-Derkie »

I also have this problem. This IS a program like spTest.

Getting Started.doc wrote: BF2_modtools.exe

Along with the Mod tools, we’ve released an executable that you can use to run Star Wars Battlefront 2 in a mode that will allow you access to the dev console (press ~ when in the game) which will help make debugging, and developing your mod easier. This executable still has a CD check, and has been crippled in some ways so as not to be used as a stand-alone exe to run and play the game. BF2_modtools.exe can be found in the root of the BF2_ModTools folder. This .exe is completely unsupported, as is everything else in this mod tools release. See the mod tools EULA for more info.
Lord-Bandu

Post by Lord-Bandu »

I hope a fix is brought out ...otherwise making maps is gonna be a loooong process

"This .exe is completely unsupported, as is everything else in this mod tools release"

Its funny that the tools are not supported.... I saw an online interview with about 4 pandemic developers before SWBF2 was released and a question was asked "will there be mod tools for the PC version?" . The develpers all said yes ..... they also added ,off their own back, that the mod tools would be FULLY supported.

I guess they would say anything to sell a few more copies
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny

Post by Teancum »

Yeah, BF2_Modtools was set up for CDs. I think PAN-Kaiser said somewhere he was going to look into a fix for DVD users.
Jawa_Killer
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Post by Jawa_Killer »

good........but good mappers dont need bfront log ;) *just kidding* for me the munge log is enough.......
Ace_Azzameen_5
Jedi
Jedi

Post by Ace_Azzameen_5 »

Well. . .you could see if someone would lend a backup of the CD versoin gamedisk.

I don't want to have to send my map to someone every time I have a ctd. . .
Darth-Derkie
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Post by Darth-Derkie »

From the lucasarts forums:

xtmn8r
Total Posts: 80

If you are trying to use the BF2_modtools.exe and are having issues try this:
Copy the BF2_modtools.exe to your Battlefront II \GAMEDATA folder then run this application from this folder.
NOTE: This EXE requires the BF2 CD in the drive to run. There is an issue where it won't run if you have the DVD version in your drive. We'll be releasing an update to this in the next day or so
Also, if you have your new map in the addon folder, you should be able to run Battlefront II normally and load the map via Instant Action.

Hope this helps
geoman777

Post by geoman777 »

well, I have DVD version and they ended up working, so im not sure if thats your problem.