The Original BF1 map conversion topic

In this forum you will find and post information regarding the modding of Star Wars Battlefront 2. DO NOT POST MOD IDEAS/REQUESTS.

Moderator: Moderators

Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by Teancum »

@ Pinx -- Actually, my 'babies' are Yavin 4: Arena (getting close gang!), Bespin: Platforms (going smoothly), and Tatooine: Dune Sea (have early version in-game). Kashyyk: Docks is being worked on by flippy11, I am just his helper -- there's a few bugs I'm fixing for him.

@ Flippy11 -- While I'm fixing the bugs on Kashyyk, go ahead and set up the sides the way they were in BF1. You know -- whatever was used in Conquest... Ep II clones, Wookies, etc. That will help a lot. Also, add me to your msn -- tazztazz@hotmail.com and I'll teach you how to do both CTF modes, Hero Assault, XL, and Hunt (Wookies!!! YAY!) modes.
Rends
Sith
Sith
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet

Post by Rends »

I downloaded all the SWBF1 beta maps and i notice that all of them has wrong sunlight color and fog settings. Hope this will be fixed soon.
If someone has problems with correct settings just post a message at the board and we will go through all problems to solve them.
I realy would like it to get the maps close to SWBF1 as possible.
^Destroyer^

Post by ^Destroyer^ »

Teancum, can u release a beta of Bespin Platforms??
TAW_pinx

Post by TAW_pinx »

Rends - This is something I haven't looked into...it looked close so I just ran with it. Do you want to PM me or help me to perfect this? This could explain why things show up so dark in ZeroEditor, then are bright when running the game?

Question: Do people want to see Ep.II clones for Citadel? I know everyone wants this one done right!

Tean - Do you mind if the TAW guys take on Naboo : Plains? We have some modders kind of waiting in the wings...BTW, I was close to getting Islands working, but as soon as I spawned, I crashed. Something simple, most likely though.
Y2g2006

Post by Y2g2006 »

TAW_pinx wrote:This could explain why things show up so dark in ZeroEditor, then are bright when running the game?
Thats the exact same problem I'm having with my map, actually. Everything looks fine in the editor and all... once I get in game... it literally makes my eyes hurt sometimes. And I'm using pretty dull colors (mostly shades of Brown) and they're still bright!

Guess that'll be yet another thing I have to look into modifying then. lol

EDIT: Pinx... you might find this to be useful... I don't know:
Sun Flare
The sun flare is now in the game. Here is a description of the tunable parameters. They are located in yavin.fx. The sky with the sun flare built in need to be taken out because it will make the sun really big with the new flare.

Color(255, 255, 255): the color of the sun (the beams use this color as well)
Size(5.0): the size of the sun
FlareOutSize(40.0): the length of the light beams
NumFlareOuts(40): this is a smoothing factor for the light beams (if the number is too low you will see steps in the beams). Don’t make this value too high because it will make the sun expensive to render.
InitialFlareOutAlpha(70): this will control how dark the light beams are

The halo around the sun consists of three rings. You can make one ring fade into another one in order to get more color complexity. The first number is the size of the ring and the rest is the color of the ring
HaloInnerRing(0.0, 255, 255, 255, 255):
HaloMiddleRing(5.0, 255, 150, 0, 128);
HaloOutterRing(40.0, 255, 0, 0, 0);

SpikeColor(230,230,0,128): the color of the sharp spike coming out the of the sun
EDIT2: I also have reason to believe that the file in which you need to edit is located here:
C:\BF2_ModTools\data_***\Worlds\***\world1
The *'s would be the three characters that represent the map (mine being Y2G). There is a file in this folder that has the exact initials of your map and is labeled as a "SKY File". I was messing around trying to get a different sky up and I managed to get rid of my default sky (which was a yavin sky) and the sky is now black after munging. So I really think this is the file (or one of them) that needs modified.

EDIT (again): Ok... well that seems like its only for the sky. There doesn't seem to be anything in there that you can use to change the lighting. If I find it, I'll let ya know.

Hope some of that info provides some help, at least. I'm just learning as I go ATM... so if anyone finds the file that edits the ligthing... Could you be so kind as to post it here?
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Teancum »

Updates:

Bespin: Platforms
-All FIVE Game modes are complete, including XL (there is no Hunt mode)
-Lighting is complete
-Skybox is working properly
-Vehicles are in, though some need to be changed
-In the process of fixing the cloud car
-Hero Assault has some bugs (If a hero falls off the platform, they don't die) --- If I can't fix them, Hero Assault will still be there, as it rocks, and will most definitely rock online
-Need to add Asajj Ventress to Hero Assault
-We'll get getting Qui-Gon Jinn and Kyle Katarn for the final version, but don't hold your breath, the final version won't be for at least a couple of months
-Internal beta testing is going on. Once I have the major bugs smashed, I will release v0.75 beta (which will be fully playable)
-files are being sent to psych0fred next week so that he can add the original ambient sounds

Yavin 4: Arena
-All 5 gamemodes are done, including XL (no Hunt mode though)
-Asajj is in (if you didn't know)
-Vehicles are partially done. I need to finish tweaking and getting them in all gamemodes
-Files are in psych0fred's hands, and he is adding the original ambient sounds back into the game
-Expect version 0.95 beta in the next 2-4 weeks
-Version 1.0 final will feature Cin Drallig and Kyle Katarn in Hero Assault, as well as a non-beta Asajj Ventress (please don't ask for a release date on this version, as I'm not even going to guess on it. Mini is doing the model conversions, and he's a really busy guy)

Tatooine: Dune Sea
-Barely in-game. There's a ton to do still, but it's playable.
-I'm NOT releasing any betas for awhile. Conquest lets you walk around, but it's far from playable

Kashyyk: Docks
-Was in-progress by flippy11, but I'm going to redo it and send it back (just to where it's playable, he can finish)
TAW_pinx

Post by TAW_pinx »

Tean - check out my PM...

Citadel 1.0 is ALMOST out - will be open source / conquest only / hopefully approved for Conquest Week!
Waiting on miniscule fixes for lighting and texture to try and perfect it.

Will most likely try out Plains \ Islands \ Speederbike map next if I get the go ahead.
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Teancum »

Okay, more updates

The TAW is working on Naboo: Plains and Kashyyk: Docks. (sorry flippy, there was a lot messed up on your version) So let's thank them for their help.

Oh, and Pinx -- when you're done with Citadel PM me a link to the source files and I'll do the gametypes. Since there are no vehicles it should go really fast.
TAW_pinx

Post by TAW_pinx »

Update Citadel : Rends is doing some animation and lighting tweaking. After which I'll either have him send the source files straight to Teancum or back to me and one or the other will handle the Game modes and that should be it. Progress seems to be going well! Remember: We want this to be as close as possible to the original and it takes some extra time to get it to that point. I hope the Beta is allowing everyone the chance to play it like the good 'ol days!
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Teancum »

Update:

-Yavin 4: Arena and Bespin: Platforms are nearing beta 0.95, which will be the last version until I have some more heros to add in.
-Tatooine: Dune Sea is coming along quickly
-Since Yavin and Bespin are nearly completed, I'm calling Bespin: Cloud City (I've had many requests to redo this map even though a version is already out)

-Darth-Derkie took Kashyyk: Islands, so that leaves Kamino: Tapicoa City and Naboo: Theed, at least one of which I think the TAW wanted to do.
Kipp

Post by Kipp »

Might have mention this before, but how can i get these maps once they are done? File front?
TAW_pinx

Post by TAW_pinx »

Kipp, they'll most likely be in the GT downloads area (you should see that on the left frame) and we're also planning a map pack as soon as we have enough good, quality maps to put out. Also, check the LAST thread in the SWBF II GT forums. All released maps should be announced there.
Rends
Sith
Sith
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet

Post by Rends »

For everyone having problems with correct lights colors and shadows .
---------------------------------------------------
-In Zeroeditor go to the LIGHTING tab

-On the LEFT hand tab select Dir lighting and place it where you choose

-Name it (i named mine 'Sunlight' )

-Turn shadows to 'YES'

-Now, on the Right hand tab put your name (eg. Sunlight') in the Direction 1 box .

-----------------------------------------------------
You can set the correct lightning and shadow direction if you select the light you created and rotate it by pressing the x key and pressing (left, right or middle) mouse button.
------------------------------------------------------
If your ground texture is still to dark:

1-Set your light colors all to 255
2-Burn the terrain
3-Lower the light colors back down until you get to a point where the objects & terrain match, then save (do not burn terrain again)
------------------------------------------------------
If you need to change the fog (color) settings go into data_modid/Worlds/modid/world1 directory and open the modid sky file

Set fog start/end :

FogRange(400.0, 1500.0);

Edit the (R,G,B) colors:

FogColor(170,170,170);
-------------------------------------------------------
If the objects color still doesn´t look correct (example purple sunset but buildings still looking to white) go back to the editor and select the sunlight and edit the Top and Bottom ambient color (R,G,B) on the right side of the screen under "Directional Light".

Thanks to Lord_Bandu, Teancum and Darth Derkie for the original posts you find here:
index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=3915
index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=3580

Now have fun TAW hunting on beautifull days ;-)
TAWArtemis

Post by TAWArtemis »

Great tip!

I hope this makes Docks better.
darkmole2006

Post by darkmole2006 »

Would it be possible to do a "map pack" with ALL the conversions??
P.S, qui-gon, cin-drallig and kyle katarn sound sweet, would it be possible to also make young anakin, young obiwan, and mara-jade

oh and some sith, like the one from Dark forces II: Jedi knight
sh4d0wl0rd

Post by sh4d0wl0rd »

darkmole2006 wrote:Would it be possible to do a "map pack" with ALL the conversions?
If you would have used the search function you would have found out that such a mappack is already planned!