Important news on BF1 conversions - asking everyone to read

In this forum you will find and post information regarding the modding of Star Wars Battlefront 2. DO NOT POST MOD IDEAS/REQUESTS.

Moderator: Moderators

Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Important news on BF1 conversions - asking everyone to read

Post by Teancum »

Okay, I made lots of discoveries last night while reading the docs, talking to Pshyc0fred, and working on Yavin: Temple. I know it will be jumbled, but bare with me and read it all. I'll try to make it as organized as I can.

1-You can have more than one map in a project folder by using World1, World2, World3 and so forth. Just look at the space maps. Why is this useful? For a few reasons: 1-If there is an addon map limit like BF1, this might be a way around it. 2-If you have maps that use the same assets, they can share them because they are in the same project. 3-For the Pandemic BF1 maps, we can have one project folder called BF1, and every map can be in there under different lvl file name.

2-I propose that everyone who's doing BF1 shipped level conversion jump on the bandwagon of putting all the maps in one folder. It will be really very simple. All you do is create a project called BF1, import the map via my tutorial that will soon be posted, and simply save it. Once your map is done, upload the World1 folder for it, and I'll add it to the BF1 master project. Then we have one, centralized download for people who want the BF1 maps.

More to come as it develops.
flippy11

RE: Important news on BF1 conversions - asking everyone to r

Post by flippy11 »

so if i were to make kashyyyk docks i would make it then send you a pm with a link to the world1 folder and the .msh .odf ect.?
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

RE: Important news on BF1 conversions - asking everyone to r

Post by Teancum »

Yeah, basically I'd just need a link to everything under the data_mapname/worlds/mapname folder, which is four or five folders: effects, msh, odf, and world1 (or world2 depending on the map)

BTW I posted a tutorial for map conversion.