ZeroEditor Questions

In this forum you will find and post information regarding the modding of Star Wars Battlefront 2. DO NOT POST MOD IDEAS/REQUESTS.

Moderator: Moderators

ROCKET
Private First Class
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

ZeroEditor Questions

Post by ROCKET »

So, I'm trying ZeroEditor for the first time and trying to get the feel of it. Is there a command to zoom in and out? All I can find in the documentation is spinning and panning.

Also, when I use the terrain height functions, the highlighted region does not fall directly under the cursor position on the map. Sometimes I'll even click on one spot on a map and the height will change in an area completely off the screen. Is it supposed to work like this or am I doing something goofy?
Lord-Bandu

RE: ZeroEditor Questions

Post by Lord-Bandu »

there is no zoom . you do it manually with the other keys

Height mapping shouldnt act like that
ROCKET
Private First Class

Post by ROCKET »

I'm not quite following you, Bandu. There is no zoom but you do it manually? Could you explain what you mean, please?
Bobafett16

Post by Bobafett16 »

The W and S key move u forword and back, The A and D keys movie you to the left or right, and the arrow keys Rotate you. fiddle with them and u will see. :wink:
ROCKET
Private First Class

Post by ROCKET »

Yes, as I said, the documentation clearly explains spinning (rotating) and panning (sideways or back and forth), but not zooming. Are you saying that some combination of fiddling with spinning and panning will achieve a zoom, Boba?
Lord-Bandu

Post by Lord-Bandu »

theres also F for up and V for down .......

if you go up (F)then tilt down(arrow keys) to your oject then go forward (W)you will manually zoom in .

Also using the < and > keys will decrease and increase the sensitivity.
ROCKET
Private First Class

Post by ROCKET »

Okay, Bandu, I think I get you now. Thanks.
ROCKET
Private First Class

Post by ROCKET »

For anyone interested, I finally realized that there IS a specific zoom function but not in the default perspective camera mode. After switching to "Orthographic" mode, the "R" and "T" keys zoom in and out. I can't believe how long it took me to notice that. :roll:
PAN-Fnord

Post by PAN-Fnord »

That's because in perspective mode, you can get the camera as close to something as you want - none of the artists ever asked for zoom, just move closer...in orthographic mode, however, it doesn't matter how far away you are from something, it'll always be the same size (because of the definition of orthographic projection). Therefore Ortho mode needs zoom because moving the camera farther away or closer doesn't do anything to the image, you have to change the field of view.

Hope that helps,
Mike Z