Skinning!

In this forum you will find and post information regarding the modding of Star Wars Battlefront 2. DO NOT POST MOD IDEAS/REQUESTS.

Moderator: Moderators

Angarah

Skinning!

Post by Angarah »

Hey, I got Battlefront II in November (first day of release, actually) and I noticed it sucked :twisted: . So I've decided to fix it . But the first step of my grand plan is to learn how to skin. The problem is I am a complete noob when it comes to this. So I have some questions:

What program do I need to skin? I have Photoshop 5.0, will that be sufficient?

Where in hell are the textures stored? I have looked everywhere, under LVL_PC, under Application Data, but I cant find any texture files... :?

Can anyone recommend a good, free modelling program?

OOM-9

Post by OOM-9 »

Modelling Program = XSI MOd tools

Texture Editing = Photoshop 5.0 -> CS

Textures are stored under the appropriet Sides folder, Clone textures are in the Sides/rep/msh folder, and droids are in Sides/cis/msh folder etc.
Bobafett16

RE: Skinning!

Post by Bobafett16 »

Well u will need to download Star Wars Battlefront 2 Modding Tools, that is the best way, and then just read the documentaion on how to use them.

http://starwarsbattlefront.filefront.com/ with these tools u can make new maps, edit how powerfull a weapons is unit specs, etc, but for making New models u will need to download a program for that, you can use Softimage Mod-Tools, they are good, but there is No msh export for them yet,but it is comeing out,if u want to u can download a free 30 day trial of softimage Foundation 4.2 or 5.0, and there is a msh expoter for that one, I have Adobe Photoshop CS and it works great.
Last edited by Bobafett16 on Fri Feb 24, 2006 3:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Angarah

Post by Angarah »

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v280/ ... defile.jpg

Thats my Side folder. As you can see, no sign of the rep folders. Which is odd, since I seem to remember having them with Battlefront I...[/url]
Lord-Bandu

Post by Lord-Bandu »

you need the mod tools to get the textures. you cant get them straight from the game.

you'l need the modtools anyway to 'fix it' lol
Angarah

Post by Angarah »

Ah, thank you very much. I got the skins, and for my first custom one I added a red stripe to the Jettroopers helmet (I know, i really went all out). Now where do I put it? Do I just overwrite the original skin?
Alex533

Post by Alex533 »

Do you know how to ovewrite the original skin?
Angarah

Post by Angarah »

Not really...
Alex533

Post by Alex533 »

Someone care to tell Angarah how to replace the games default textures?
I would also like to know.