My munging has no effect :(

In this forum you will find and post information regarding the modding of Star Wars Battlefront 2. DO NOT POST MOD IDEAS/REQUESTS.

Moderator: Moderators

chubby

My munging has no effect :(

Post by chubby »

I made a new project for my mandomod and I copied my imp and cis side to my data_mnd/sides folder I make the tweaks to the imp_default_randomunit odfs and I go to the _build folder and munge it and it says it munged sucessfully, I try it ingame and nothing happens. What am I doing wrong?
JoeMomma

RE: My munging has no effect :(

Post by JoeMomma »

(some of this was originally from LordofEntropy)
NOTE: modID = Your mod ID, so if for example your mod is called ABC, put ABC for everywhere I wrote ID or modID

Go to:
C:\BF2_ModTools\data_ModID\Common\scripts\ModID\

Let's say you are playing conquest, Republic v CIS. Open up IDc_con and scroll down until you see

ReadDataFile("SIDE\\all.lvl",

followed by a bunch of units. But dc: in front of side. It will look like this:

ReadDataFile("dc:SIDE\\all.lvl",

Then repeat this process for the file named IDc_con.lua. You only put dc: for the side that you modified. So if you changed Republic but not CIS, only put dc: in front of the ReadDataFile("SIDE\\all.lvl", that is over republic units.

Dc: just tells your computer that you need to get the information from the modded file, not from the original files that came with the game.
chubby

Post by chubby »

I'll try that.

EDIT: It didn't work. What else should I try?

EDIT2: I found out my changes take effect but I can't test them in my testmap which is what I would really like to do.
LordofEntropy

Post by LordofEntropy »

What do you mean your changes take effect, but you can't test them? Does your game freeze and exit while you're loading the map? Also, munging unfortunately tells you it munged successfully whether it did or not lol... even if you click stop it will tell you "all done, go play battlefront2!" Do any errors pop up during/after the munge? They would appear in a new notepad document. You want to look for things about missing files and lack of collision data.
Gunjak

Re: RE: My munging has no effect :(

Post by Gunjak »

JoeMomma wrote:(some of this was originally from LordofEntropy)
NOTE: modID = Your mod ID, so if for example your mod is called ABC, put ABC for everywhere I wrote ID or modID

Go to:
C:\BF2_ModTools\data_ModID\Common\scripts\ModID\

Let's say you are playing conquest, Republic v CIS. Open up IDc_con and scroll down until you see

ReadDataFile("SIDE\\all.lvl",

followed by a bunch of units. But dc: in front of side. It will look like this:

ReadDataFile("dc:SIDE\\all.lvl",

Then repeat this process for the file named IDc_con.lua. You only put dc: for the side that you modified. So if you changed Republic but not CIS, only put dc: in front of the ReadDataFile("SIDE\\all.lvl", that is over republic units.

Dc: just tells your computer that you need to get the information from the modded file, not from the original files that came with the game.

noooooooooooo, you cant have two dc:side\\all.lvl cause that would pit the rebels against each other!!!

do this

dc:side\\mnd.lvl followed by your modded troops in that team
that should fix ur problem
LordofEntropy

Post by LordofEntropy »

Isn't that what he said?
joemomma wrote:You only put dc: for the side that you modified.
And besides, what's wrong with having the alliance fight each other? :P