Objects not showing up in-game?

In this forum you will find and post information regarding the modding of Star Wars Battlefront 2. DO NOT POST MOD IDEAS/REQUESTS.

Moderator: Moderators

Epena
Old School Staff
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Objects not showing up in-game?

Post by Epena »

Yeah. Title says all. I place my objects in zeroeditor, And then only my CPs show up. Eh? I have them placed in base, and conquest.

The ODF and MSH filesa re located in C://BF2_ModTools/ModID/Common/ODF, or MSH.

Is that right? I couldn't find any other place that'd work in Zeroeditor, and I didn't see anything in the documentations I read.

Yelp, help, yall.
Ipodzanyman
Sith
Sith
Games I'm Playing :: ME3 Demo

RE: Objects not showing up in-game?

Post by Ipodzanyman »

Same problem with me...
JabbaLovesLava
Sith
Sith

Post by JabbaLovesLava »

Did you move the mshs, odfs,tgas and etc etc to the world1 folder, and then under the subcategory msh or odf?
Epena
Old School Staff

Post by Epena »

Is it normal that I need to create an odf and msh folder?
Slayer_Hunter_J

Post by Slayer_Hunter_J »

Have you munged your folder? No objects were showing up in a mpa i created, i later found out that i stil needed to munge.
Epena
Old School Staff

Post by Epena »

Hey, it's Slayer Hunter J! What's up, man? I had no idea you were on this forum...

Of course it's munged. :P
Lord-Bandu

Post by Lord-Bandu »

you have to create the MSH and ODF folders in the same directory as your World1 folder . The common folder your copying your objects to are for the stuff likt CP's , healthdroids , vehicle spawn pads etc etc
Slayer_Hunter_J

Re: RE: Objects not showing up in-game?

Epena wrote:Hey, it's Slayer Hunter J! What's up, man? I had no idea you were on this forum...
Im here a lot. I see you all the time!
Spacerocker

Post by Spacerocker »

Hi, I'm new here. :)

I was refered to this site by someone on the Lucasarts battlefront II forums when the mod tools were released. Since then I've been lurking and trying to create maps with the help of you guys and the BF1 tutorial, getting started, etc. You are all very helpfull! Thanks!

I thought now would be a good time to delurk since I've been having the problem for a while of some objects showing up while others dont in my common folder. For some reason I cant get my heathrecharge droid to appear. I try to place him and when I click "place" it is there because I can select it, but I dont see it. It's only a blue box.

Do I need to copy the odf from my map's common folder to my map's odf folder? It doesn't say to do that in the tutorial.
Ive tried everything recomended in this thread but it still doesn't work.
I've also tried to load the msh file instead of the odf as someone suggested in another thread but that made ZeroEdit go a little crazy.
Epena
Old School Staff

Post by Epena »

First thing I need help with now is...is it possible to remove or raise the skybox? I now have the objects showing up in the game but I'm falling through them.

Thanks guys.
Slayer_Hunter_J

Spacerocker wrote:Hi, I'm new here. :)

I was refered to this site by someone on the Lucasarts battlefront II forums when the mod tools were released. Since then I've been lurking and trying to create maps with the help of you guys and the BF1 tutorial, getting started, etc. You are all very helpfull! Thanks!

I thought now would be a good time to delurk since I've been having the problem for a while of some objects showing up while others dont in my common folder. For some reason I cant get my heathrecharge droid to appear. I try to place him and when I click "place" it is there because I can select it, but I dont see it. It's only a blue box.

Do I need to copy the odf from my map's common folder to my map's odf folder? It doesn't say to do that in the tutorial.
Ive tried everything recomended in this thread but it still doesn't work.
I've also tried to load the msh file instead of the odf as someone suggested in another thread but that made ZeroEdit go a little crazy.
You know those options under "Show?" Do you have "Objects" highlighted?
Spacerocker

Post by Spacerocker »

Yes I do Slayer_Hunter_J. I have this problem with a few Objects in my common folders odf's. My Cp's work but some others dont.
Slayer_Hunter_J

OK, just checking (even though it automatically starts highlighted). :P
squipple
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Post by squipple »

Epena, Ipodzanyman, or anyone else, did you ever figure out the issue on this? I'm having the same problem. msh files exported from xsi show up fine in zeroeditor but not in-game.
Y2g2006

Post by Y2g2006 »

You need to edit a LUA file I believe that allows the item to appear.

Give me a second to get more accurate info... I'll edit this post.

EDIT: Ok.... here is where you need to be:

C:\BF2_ModTools\data_***\Common\scripts\***

The *'s = the three characters that represent your map.

In this folder... You will find an LUA file called "***c_con"... Again the *'s being your characters that represent your map...

Now... this is JUST an example...

If you need something like a Health Droid to appear on your map... You need to page down till you see this:
ReadDataFile("SIDE\\tur.lvl",
"tur_bldg_laser",
"tur_bldg_tower")
You need to add the file name to the health droid to this portion of coding. You can get the file name from your ZeroEditor under Objects for the layer you have it on. To save some time... the file name is "com_item_healthrecharge". To add it... simply change your code to the following below:
ReadDataFile("SIDE\\tur.lvl",
"tur_bldg_laser",
"tur_bldg_tower",
"com_item_healthrecharge")
Munge it through the VisualMunge... and the next time you load up your map the Droid should be where you placed it.

Now all I need is for someone to tell me which ODF file will provide me a proper gunturret... and I'll be a happy man.
squipple
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Post by squipple »

Y2g2006 - I added that line to my lua and munged. Still nothing. I added it to both the ***c_con.lua and ***g_con.lua.
Then I noticed that there were a mshs and odfs foldr in this common folder, so I tried copying my msh fole over to the mshs folder, and still got nothing.

I was hoping the lua editing would do it, but I added some other shipped mshs and they showed up in the game without adding them to the lua, so I didn't think that this would fix it. Thanks for trying though. :)
Precise_Moon
Space Ranger
Games I'm Playing :: Battlefield 3

Post by Precise_Moon »

Make sure you place all odf,msh files in correct locations before you edit and munge.It should look something like this: for example if your world is ABC OPEN \data_abc\worlds\abc\world1\ open this far!!! then paste/copy odf,msh folders to here ...... Use odf's&Msh from this location and add any you wish to import to this location for your map
squipple
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Post by squipple »

Still nada. I've tried putting the msh and odf folders on the same level as the world1 folder, and I've also tried putting the msh and odf folders inside the world1 folder. I followed the art_guide.doc as well, and still didn't get anything.

I'm wondering if one of you guys can do me a favor to help me troubleshoot. Make a simple model in XSI (just a primitive - sphere, torus, whatever), texture it, export it, put it in a map and make sure you can see it and it works in-game for you. Then send me the msh and correspoding texture to the email on my GT account and I'll try it here. If it works in mine, that will tell me that my exporting isnt working correctly (maybe its XSI 5.0 screwing it up).
It would help out a lot, Thanks.