I need help adding water to my map

In this forum you will find and post information regarding the modding of Star Wars Battlefront 2. DO NOT POST MOD IDEAS/REQUESTS.

Moderator: Moderators

Unknown

I need help adding water to my map

Post by Unknown »

when I try to add water nothing happens even when i load the textures. could someone tell me hwo to add water step by step?
Blaaguuu

RE: I need help adding water to my map

Post by Blaaguuu »

I havent yet gotten Water to work completely ingame... crashes when i select a character - but heres what i have sofar, to atleast get it showing up right int he editor.

Open your map in ZeroEditor. Use the terrain height tool to lower an area of terrain, so you have a dip to put the water in. Now select the water tool. You can leave most of the variables alone... first set the Height to something good... -1 worked well for me. Now set the color. if you are unfamiliar with the usual RGB color, the first value is for the Red saturation, the second for Green, and the third for Blue, and they all range from 0 to 255. for fairly normal lookign water you will want B to be really high, and maybe a bit of G and a tiny bit of R. And finaly, and very importantly, you have to set the Alpha value to a positive number between 0 and 255. 128 to 255 works, dependign on hwo transparent you want your water. 255 will be completely opaque. Im not sure if you need to set a texture... if you add your water at this point, it should show up just fine... good luck!