When to munge? [Solved]

In this forum you will find and post information regarding the modding of Star Wars Battlefront 2. DO NOT POST MOD IDEAS/REQUESTS.

Moderator: Moderators

pUNZ

When to munge? [Solved]

Post by pUNZ »

i've read all the doc's at least once, some about 5 times now.

i cant seem to find a 'clear' answer as to when you are supose to munge?

other than the orginal munge to create your world, and the second munge from within your world, it dosent really specifiy if thats all the mungeing you do.

to make it more clear: what im asking is, after i do the 2 initial munge's, and i then edit/add cp's/objects to my world with Zedit, do i need to munge it again? or its good to go?

(im sure trial and error would allow me to answer my own questions, however, my concern is that by munging the files/maps to often can create problems?)
Gunjak

RE: when to munge?

Post by Gunjak »

ok heres what you do
after your first munge, you dont rly have to do the second munge until, youve edited all your lvls folders and zeroedited your terrain and whatnot, the second munge publishes it into the acctuall game ( addon folder), so you can do this every time you change something to update it into the game. do i make myself clear,

sorry not very good with words

The first munge makes all the folders nessercary for modding and editing your world whilst
The second munge puts those edited things into your game,

do the second munge everytime youve updated your map,

i hope this helps :)
pUNZ

Post by pUNZ »

yes, you answerd my question perfectly!

i was assumeing this was the case, but i could not find a clear answer in the doc's. i jsut didnt want to create issues by munging to much. but tyvm, i now understand clearly what munging is for.
dreadlordnyax

Post by dreadlordnyax »

i agree punz, the docs were very unclear about when munging is necessary. sounds like you got it figured out now, tho.