Lightsaber + Other Weapons?

In this forum you will find and post information regarding the modding of Star Wars Battlefront 2. DO NOT POST MOD IDEAS/REQUESTS.

Moderator: Moderators

dreadlordnyax

Lightsaber + Other Weapons?

Post by dreadlordnyax »

i'm just wondering if anyone has managed to get another weapon (switchable, not simultaneous), like a blaster or something, not a forcepower, in addition to a lightsaber for a character? or even switching between 2 lightsabers? i've tried just adding another entry in the char's odf for the weapon, but either nothing happens, or weird stuff happens. like it floats in the air facing the screen, or the character can only use jump/sprint attack once, and then cant do anything but walk around (although that may have been related to something else). any ideas? i'm wondering if it would require some serious combo editing, or if its even possible...
PAN-Fnord

Post by PAN-Fnord »

Two lightsabres doesn't work - and anyway, anything you could do that way, you could do by being creative with one (different colored blades that are on at different times, etc).
Lightsabre and another primary weapon may work, but you'd have to make sure your lightsabre's combo file doesn't InputLock the switch-weapon button - the same button as used to enter the Deflect state - make sure it's InputLock("All", "!Thrust", "!ThatButton")...I'm at home so I can't remember if it's Reload or FireSecondary. If you didn't understand that, then lightsabre and another primary weapon should be skipped for you. (^.^)

If you want to use a primary weapon as a secondary weapon with a lightsabre, that's perfectly possible - just make it WeaponChannel = 1 in the soldier ODF, and it'll be a secondary weapon. Might want to change the weapon ODF so it says OffHandWeapon = 1 (might be just Offhand, I forget) just for consistency.

Lastly, I don't think making a lightsabre into a WeaponChannel = 1 weapon will work, but I don't remember ever trying that. Everything else, I tried.

Good luck,
Mike Z
dreadlordnyax

Post by dreadlordnyax »

could you explain that first comment a little more, or how to go about achieving that effect? what i really want is a lightsaber that changes color & length, either when you switch weapons or for certain attacks.

i got some of that second paragraph, but i haven't looked extensively into the combo system yet. getting another weapon is a lower priority for me right now, but i'll look into that when i get around to it. also, i tried adding a blaster as a secondary weapon with a character with a lightsaber, but it didnt show up (it wasn't listed in weapons, and i couldn't switch to it). it was on weaponchannel = 1, and i added the offhandweapon = 1 line as well, but it still didn't work :(

thanks for the response :)