Zeroeditor crashes: help plz

In this forum you will find and post information regarding the modding of Star Wars Battlefront 2. DO NOT POST MOD IDEAS/REQUESTS.

Moderator: Moderators

darkmole2006

Zeroeditor crashes: help plz

Post by darkmole2006 »

Zero editor crashes for me on the loading screen, it just says:
We have encountered an error and need to close, sorry for any inconvenience caused:(
theguarder

RE: Zeroeditor crashes: help plz

Post by theguarder »

Have you followed theese steps: index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=4046?

And a small hint "Search" next time...
darkmole2006

Post by darkmole2006 »

WOOT, you guys rule :D. It works
now i jus need a tut and i'm gonna be map creating the whole year:D
And i should of thought of searching, but im only 12, so.....

darkmole2006
darkmole2006

Post by darkmole2006 »

O......K.....
How do you add objects/command posts
How do you move objects/command posts
How do you add vehicles
Basically all i can do is edit the organic terrain aka. make hills, and change the colour of the map. Which i suppose is a start.

darkmole2006
theguarder

Post by theguarder »

Ok i wrote wery mutch and then i posted the message and figured out that i was logged off so my whole message was deleted:-( so i am gonna try to write it again.

So if you want the objects from naboo the go to: BF2_ModTools\assets\worlds\NAB copy the msh and odf folder and paste it to the BF2_ModTools\DataID\worlds folder.

Then open zeroeditor and load your world. And then select objects and then press the place button. Then press the browse button and then a popup wil appear go to BF2_ModTools\DataID\worlds\odf folder and select the object you want. click whereever on your map you want to place the object.

Press and hold the z or x or c and click and hold the left or right or both mouse buttons and drag the mouse up and down to rotate or move.

and about the vehicles i cant help you because because i dont know and zeroeditor dont work for me... :cry:
darkmole2006

Post by darkmole2006 »

Doesn't seem to appear, or be abe to move, and i still don't know how to select things so i can move them anyway:(

this program is hard to use apart from organic terrain editing
theguarder

Post by theguarder »

then try to use a usermade mnual... it somewhere on this forum.
forresal

Post by forresal »

the documentation that came with the tools is helpful.
there is also a good tutorial for BF1 that can be applied to BF2 modding...complied by MasterNoth and several of this sites top modders.

Also as theguarder said, using this forums "search" feature will carry you a long and will avoid angering the admins.