Rends adding Sound Tutorial

In this forum you will find and post information regarding the modding of Star Wars Battlefront 2. DO NOT POST MOD IDEAS/REQUESTS.

Moderator: Moderators

Atephious
Recruit Womprat Killer
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2
xbox live or psn: PSN: Atephious

Re: Rends adding Sound Tutorial

Post by Atephious »

I am having a bit of difficulty. the sounds wont run even after following this tutorial to the T. I even started from scratch and tried it with the updated mung files. sound only didnt work at first so I redid it again with the edited munge stings found in this tutorial. the sound only worked but the sound .lvl is only 8 bytes and only contains null. Its a bit frustrating.
Wolffe1138
Recruit Womprat Killer
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF 2
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by Wolffe1138 »

I have followed step by step and even did the extra steps just incase and I still don't have a sound folder in my addon folder, any suggestions?

EDIT: Nvm It fixed it
GAMEDOGSHIPMENT
Recruit Womprat Killer
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by GAMEDOGSHIPMENT »

What I learned from fixing issues about this tutorial.

1. Is the tutorial working ?
Yes it should work if EXACTLY step by step ,(more on later)

2. Where to find sound.sfx lines
Search your maps data/sound folder and choose the map folder that has the stock vehicle already been used on some other map. Choose the appropriate era .sfx file and look for tags that have your vehicle name

3. Did the step by step? Still does not load file but loads the vehicle ?

Loading the vehicle is the more easy part sounds are tricky due to the munging problems.

1. Set up all your vehicle spawns and paths and test munge all before adding sounds u can skip this but just incase so be sure its only the sound problem.

2. When editting your scripts file for conquest or whatever mode you made, make sure when you type....

Code: Select all

ReadDataFile("dc:sound\\tes.lvl;tescw")
Is actually the name for your map too, i noticed that naming this folder and .lvl anything else but your map names causes the munger to skip it from creating a .lvl file so better to name it same file and place all the sound .sfx code lines there.

Here is an example, lets say your world is called AAA

when typing ReadDataFile.... it must be named ....

ReadDataFile("dc:sound\\AAA.lvl;AAAcw")
Now when you go your data_AAA/Sound/Worlds/ folder you will see a folder named test

Copy that (just like in tut) paste it same place, it will say test - copy, rename that to you MAP NAME, so name it AAA or whatever the name of your map is.

And the .sfx file and .req files should all be renamed to AAA, so AAA.req, AAAcw.req, and AAAcw.sfx

In your req file delete extra tid bit, so your req MUST LOOK LIKE THIS AS A BASE PLATE AND THEN ADD EXTRA PLS DELETE THE CODE THAT WAS ALREADY BEEN THERE

ucft
{
	REQN
	{
		"str"
		"align=2048"

}
	REQN
	{
		"lvl"
		"AAAcw"
	}	
 }
Now for your AAAcw.req, SAME THING IT MUST BE A BASE PLATE LIKE SO.....

ucft
{
	REQN
	{
		"bnk"
		"align=2048"
		"AAAcw"
	}

REQN
	{
		"config"
		"imp_walk_atst"--add more walkers or whatever ships you have if u want more vehicles
	}
 }
There all done

NOW IMPORTANT

FIRST DO A MUNGE ALL

SO GO TO YOUR MUNGE PROGRAM

TICK SELECT ALL

AND WAIT FOR MUNGE

THEN DO ANOTHER MUNGE BUT THIS TIME....

TICK UNSELECT ALL

AND TICK SOUND ONLY

WAIT FOR MUNGE AND THE ISSUES SHOULD BE CLEARED OUT