DylanRocket
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant
Projects :: None
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Re: Battlefront 2 (PSP) Upgrades + 4th Release

Post by DylanRocket »

ggctuk wrote:The squadron games allow 16 per side, so I think that might be the absolute max adviseable.
Actually, if you use NitePR codes you could increase the AI to something higher than 16. Of course raising it too high crashed the game but I do recall having enough AI in Renegade Squadron that they wouldn't even fit on the scoreboard.
clonetrooper163
Private Third Class
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: CSGO

Post by clonetrooper163 »

DylanRocket wrote:
ggctuk wrote:The squadron games allow 16 per side, so I think that might be the absolute max adviseable.
Actually, if you use NitePR codes you could increase the AI to something higher than 16. Of course raising it too high crashed the game but I do recall having enough AI in Renegade Squadron that they wouldn't even fit on the scoreboard.
You have to remember though Battlefront 2 psp and Renegade Squadron are running on two completely different engines one being Zero and the other Asura, so making there be more AI in one game and it working compared to another is different and causes different problems.
suLac
Private
Games I'm Playing :: Battlefront I + II
xbox live or psn: suLac4ever (both)

Post by suLac »

anthonybf2 wrote:If I can get user script support working then I will make a pre-made user script that toggles the award effects. The point of user script support is that the people who do understand the game's coding can inject their own code.
Thank You, great master :thumbs:
AnthonyBF2
Sith
Sith
Projects :: PS2+PSP Overhaul

Post by AnthonyBF2 »

At the time I have a primitive user script function going on. At the time it only looks for and detects user_script_1.lvl and crashes if it isn't found. I need to figure out how PC 1.3 does it (auto detect and runs any user script file, if none are detected, game does not crash)

If anyone's willing to help me do that I'd be grateful. The coding that does user scripts goes in game_interface.lua

So far my code is:

Code: Select all

if ScriptCB_IsFileExist("user_script_1.lvl") then
ReadDataFile("user_script_1.lvl")
ScriptCB_DoFile("user_script_1")
end
I would like to at least have the ability to no crash the game if the single file isn't found, but unfortunately I suck at scripting. :cpu:
RogueAssassin2488
Private First Class

Post by RogueAssassin2488 »

The squadron games only had 8 per side battlefront 2 had 10 per side plus wookies ect
DylanRocket
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Post by DylanRocket »

RogueAssassin2488 wrote:The squadron games only had 8 per side battlefront 2 had 10 per side plus wookies ect
That's true but NitePR codes show that the game could have supported more.... but as CloneTrooper163 said, it's not really any indication of how many AI SWBF2 PSP will support because the Squadron games were running on different game engines.
AnthonyBF2
Sith
Sith

Post by AnthonyBF2 »

@RogueAssassin2488 - I am curious as to how you're getting the PSP game on multiplayer. Can you point me to the method? Are you using PSP or the emulator? Are you using some sort of link software like Himachi?
DylanRocket
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Post by DylanRocket »

anthonybf2 wrote:@RogueAssassin2488 - I am curious as to how you're getting the PSP game on multiplayer. Can you point me to the method? Are you using PSP or the emulator? Are you using some sort of link software like Himachi?
He could be playing LAN mode, or he could be using some software such as "XLink Kai". If it's on emulator, he could be using Tunngle.
RogueAssassin2488
Private First Class

Well you can use Lan or Himachi

EDIT
i use the emulator and PSP

Double posting is against the RULES; please EDIT your post instead -Staff
AnthonyBF2
Sith
Sith

Post by AnthonyBF2 »

Mods are stopped for some time. My computer and my primary phone both have issues (great timing!) so I won't be doing anything until I can at least get my computer fixed. Since my phone is damaged too I can only access internet right now from the library. And library computers are restricted to the teeth so I can't do much.

Don't worry - mods and modding assets are not lost as I didn't format my computer. It just won't boot and for now I can't get a Windows 7 installation.
RogueAssassin2488
Private First Class

aww damm well i really hope your computer and phone gets fixed soon no just because of the mod because well its your computer
AnthonyBF2
Sith
Sith

Post by AnthonyBF2 »

I have another simple task I some how do not feel like doing. I need someone to write some good SWBF1 map descriptions so I have something nice to put in the description slots when I get my new computer.
ARC117
Private
Projects :: PSP SWBF2
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF 2
xbox live or psn: KingKyrex

Post by ARC117 »

anthonybf2 wrote:I have another simple task I some how do not feel like doing. I need someone to write some good SWBF1 map descriptions so I have something nice to put in the description slots when I get my new computer.
Which maps do you need descriptions of?
AnthonyBF2
Sith
Sith

Post by AnthonyBF2 »

All SWBF1 maps. I do not think they have descriptions by default which is why I am asking for someone to come up with good ones. Keep in mind I am not converting Yavin Temple, Endor, Hoth or Mos Eisley so those do not matter.

BTW: Everyone please know I am just going to pause all mods until I get my new computer. I lost all patience to revive this junk I have here. The laptop I marked to get is the HP Elite book. It's got around 2.7ghz/4GB/250GB SSD/1GB video. Will be the first time in a while I can enjoy SWBF games not using lowres mods like a caveman. :D

Edit 2: I'll have a second PSP soon so I can test more things. 8)
Last edited by AnthonyBF2 on Mon May 02, 2016 11:43 pm, edited 3 times in total.
DylanRocket
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Post by DylanRocket »

anthonybf2 wrote:All SWBF1 maps. I do not think they have descriptions by default which is why I am asking for someone to come up with good ones. Keep in mind I am not converting Yavin Temple, Endor, Hoth or Mos Eisley so those do not matter.

BTW: Everyone please know I am just going to pause all mods until I get my new computer. I lost all patience to revive this junk I have here.
I believe Bespin: Cloud City should already have a description in the stock localization files. The two Rhen Var maps and Yavin 4 Arena might also have descriptions due to being released as DLC but those aren't included with the mod tools.
AnthonyBF2
Sith
Sith

Post by AnthonyBF2 »

---VERSION 5 IS HERE, READ ALL OF THE FOLLOWING POST CAREFULLY---
Notes;
This is NOT the official release. This is currently all of what I have working.
I'll be doing other stuff for a while and may not be modding much.
This will probably be the last version before the polished product is released.
I did not feel like editing the original post on page 1 so none of that matters.
Everything about V5 is right here right now...

Remember - do not discuss;
Hidden/Spoiler:
- How to jailbreak the PSP
- Where and how to get CFW or emulators
- How to dump or obtain games
List of changes (main changes, not listing every change) are as follows;
Hidden/Spoiler:
- Moved most HUD items to the edges of the screen (similar to PC) I feel default PSP game has items too close to the center of the screen.
- All SWBF maps have been converted except the replicated maps from both games (Yavin: Temple, Hoth, Endor)
- All SWBF2 default maps are running except Geonosis. No space maps at all.
- 1 Custom map is currently available: Honoghr: Crash Site by GAB.
- Custom game modes: Free for All by Razac920 for all SWBF2 maps. Experimental XL mode is available for Hoth. Attempts to max approx. 75 bots per side.
- Fake Console will offer much more now and with more stability. Free Camera is maintained.
- Added a list of skin changers in the Fake Console menu. Skins only, no new player models. CIS won't have much.
- You can view your career stats in the options menu (as featured in the PS2 version of SWBF2)
- Dead body items are changed so that each item can be equally dropped. There are 7 items total, each one has been given a 0.14% drop rate from a max of 1.0 limit. There is 0.2% chance a dead character drops nothing.
Currently known bugs:
Hidden/Spoiler:
- Tutorial screens are broken.
- Skin changers can crash on various and random maps. Please report which map/mode/era they crash on if you have this issue.
- Fake Console may crash if you attempt to visit the menu more than 3 times per match. Please report map/mode/era.
- Challenges missions are currently N/A. Selecting the challenges menu will crash/freeze the game.
- Vehicles and local sides (Gungans/Tuskens) are not available for most SWBF maps yet.
- Most CP names are not yet localized for SWBF maps. It will just say you captured/lost "The Command Post"
- Control setup screens will say [NULL] everywhere. If you want to change controls, I recommend firing up the regular game, changing controls, saving, then going back to the modded game. Control scheme is saved to the game profile so you can change it and it will work on the modded game or regular game.
- No Sarlaac pit on Tatooine: Dune Sea, and there may not be ever.
- Flyer splines are not setup so AI bots will just crash into what ever.
- Some maps such as Coruscant, Utapau, and Death Star have render issues so expect lots of solid black spots. It's not enough to be a hassle though.
- Expect lag in Coruscant and SWBF Naboo: Theed.
If you experience any bugs, crashes, or other issues, PLEASE do the following and take notes and report them to me here;
Hidden/Spoiler:
-PSP model version (look at the little sticker below the home button for something like "1001" or "3004"
-Custom firmware version and type (for the real PSP)
-PSP emulator - version and primary settings
-Windows version (OS version and Bit type)
-Map/mode/era you were playing when you experienced the issue. Is the issue repeatable?
Credits;
Hidden/Spoiler:
For now, the main credits is pretty much the same as listed on page 1 of this thread. There is more credits due and they'll be listed on the official release. I simply do not feel like listing everyone at this time. If you know you helped and I forget you, let me know.
Screenshots and videos are currently N/A.
Hidden/Spoiler:
I do not feel like doing them. How ever I do have a request from the community;
Who wants to compete for me! Submit some nice screenshots (Using Free Camera or "No HUD" cheat)
Create some good videos. I will pick the best ones and use them as official load screens when I get ready to set them up. Good videos will be considered for the official trailers/montages. Recordings taken during multiplayer would be cool too!
Installation is pretty much the same;
Hidden/Spoiler:
- Download the mods, unpack the download using 7zip, a free file archive tool.
- Delete your folder _lvl_psp located in PSP_GAME\USRDYR\DATA\
- Put my folder _lvl_psp inside of PSP_GAME\USRDYR\DATA\
- Compile your ISO or CSO using any program that is capable of making a PSP-functional game. UMDGen is probably the best option.
- Your game is now ready for the real PSP or the emulator.
Download
RogueAssassin2488
Private First Class

Re: Battlefront 2 (PSP) Upgrades + 5th Release

ill be making a multiplayer video right away
and i am sad to announce the psp store is now offline you will need a pc ps3 or ps4 to download psp games
AnthonyBF2
Sith
Sith

Post by AnthonyBF2 »

RogueAssassin2488 wrote:ill be making a multiplayer video right away
and i am sad to announce the psp store is now offline you will need a pc ps3 or ps4 to download psp games
At this point I am done with consoles. I only like the PSP so much because it makes a great multimedia device. I am considering getting an Xbox 360 (an older one) to try it's SWBF2 version. But I wouldn't be buying any more new consoles. For the price of a PS4 I could buy about 250 UMD games.
DylanRocket
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Post by DylanRocket »

anthonybf2 wrote:- No Sarlaac pit on Tatooine: Dune Sea, and there may not be ever.
The Sarlaac appears to be working on my end...? It's filled with sand but the tentacles work just as they do in SWBF1.

In GCW Era on Tatooine Dune Sea, the unit models don't appear. This is on emulator.
AnthonyBF2
Sith
Sith

Post by AnthonyBF2 »

On my end I when I added the Sarlaac it bugged, what was a completely functional map. In era C it gave those awful transparent graphical issues and in era G it crashed during load. Removing it made each era 100% functional again. I am not sacrificing a good map for one item.