Battlefront III Legacy [? - Apr, 28th, 2017]

Working on a new map? Have a new mod out for swbf2?! Post an announcement of the up-coming release here.

Moderator: Moderators

xezene
Private Second Class
Projects :: NJO
Games I'm Playing :: BF2

Re: Battlefront III Legacy [WIP 6/22 - Fighter Squadron]

Post by xezene »

Kingpin wrote:
Maveritchell wrote:Team Dogfight is a really boring mode if it's not kept really short. Nothing evolves over the course of the mission; it's just fly-out-and-shoot, fly-out-and-shoot over and over again on the exact same playing field. Without objectives or some kind of sense of progression, you'll want to cap it to like 30 tickets per side tops.
Completely agree. Maybe you could try and add some sort of hero system to make it interesting, like a hero Millennium Falcon or something.
Good idea -- given the era for CW, my dream request would be Anakin's modified 'Azure Angel' starfighter from that Clone Wars TV miniseries... the day I can fly this on BF2 will be a very happy day.
Hidden/Spoiler:
giftheck
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
Projects :: Star Wars Battlefront Legacy

Post by giftheck »

As I said on the YouTube video, perhaps you could reverse the idea of EA's Fighter Squadron and have it so you would have to destroy carriers trying to land qhile protecting your own carriers.
MikeTheBeast55
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Projects :: N.A.
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF1 SWBF2 LOTR
xbox live or psn: MikeTheeBeast55

Post by MikeTheBeast55 »

Kingpin wrote:Completely agree. Maybe you could try and add some sort of hero system to make it interesting, like a hero Millennium Falcon or something.
I like this idea since the millennium falcon is not used in space battle at all. I have only played a handful of maps that allow you to use the millennium falcon. Maybe as Maveritchell said, make this more objective based. I like space battles but they can get old very quickly but objective based makes the space battles more how you say "tolerable" if playing for a longer period of time on a single map.
thelegend
Sith
Sith
Projects :: Star Wars - Battlefront III Legacy
Games I'm Playing :: Swbf GTA CoD LoL KH
xbox live or psn: El_Fabricio#

Re: Battlefront III Legacy [WIP 6/26 - Fighter Squadron (new

Post by thelegend »

I read what you all said about objectives. Since yesterday I have been working on adding new goals to this mode. You are now able to destroy the frigates in a certain order...in order to win faster. For example when you play as the CIS you have to destroy three Acclamator Frigates first after a certain (random) time. When you finished your next goal would be to destroy the animated frigate and then head to the Republic frigate which offers the enemies a way to spawn.
You are not forced to destroy them all immediately. You can continue dogfighting enemy flyers but can also do something to gain victory. If the final frigate has been destroyed it would cause an instant victory for your time.

At the moment there are quite a few bugs which I want to fix soon. I listed a few of them in the video desciption. I think I soon will start a topic where I list all of my current in-game bugs and questions.
Anyways here's a "short" video showing you the improved mode: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5Jj0uC3ZoE

Again what do you still think about it?
Kingpin
Jedi
Jedi
Projects :: The Sith Wars II

Post by Kingpin »

Its very cool, but now I feel like there is little distinction between that and regular space assault.
Domino555
Private Third Class
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Battlefront II
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by Domino555 »

Well, at this rate, how long do you think it will take until we're ready to release like a beta?
thelegend
Sith
Sith

Post by thelegend »

If we plan to release a beta we would first like to finish both eras, the first map, all the modes...oh yeh. Actually the first release (1.0) would be the final version. Of course there might be betas. But testers would need to sign up for this...etc. And yet we are still not in a state of developement to think about the when and what.

"Bounty Hunters. We don't need that scum." - Admiral Piett
Hidden/Spoiler:
willkilla
Private Recruit
Games I'm Playing :: bf2

Post by willkilla »

This will be a day long remembered. Keep up the fantastic work guys
Anakin
Master of the Force
Master of the Force
Projects :: RC Side Mod - Remastered - SWBF3 Legacy

Post by Anakin »

thelegend wrote: Actually the first release (1.0) would be the final version.
believe someone who already made a big mod. THAT never works :funny2:
thelegend
Sith
Sith

Post by thelegend »

Anakin wrote:
thelegend wrote: Actually the first release (1.0) would be the final version.
believe someone who already made a big mod. THAT never works :funny2:
Unless there had been enough time spent into beta phases. But you're right. With final version I meant the actual full version which contains everything we planned. Of course there will probably a few re-released, patches and maybe DLC's.
AQT
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by AQT »

Maybe it's just the camera angle, but it seems IG-88 and Bossk are a bit too small compared to Boba Fett. If you don't mind suggestions, IG-88 and Bossk should be a tad taller and bigger, respectively. Also, perhaps you can make IG-88 more stiff and mechanical in terms of animations, similar to how stock Darth Vader is always standing up straight. It would be cool to have him one arm fire all of his weapons from the hip regardless of it being a rifle or a pistol too. Here are some references: One last thing, will all these new heroes and villains be receiving custom VOs?
Anakin wrote:believe someone who already made a big mod. THAT never works :funny2:
Off-topic: Citing one example of it not working does not mean it has never worked before. Just don't hastily release a mod or map without properly testing everything first. Sure, a few minor bugs might slip by you, but as thelegend pointed out, there's no need to consecutively release four versions of the same map/mod within a short period of time (especially if no drastic new content was added), when rigorous private beta testing is an option.
Kingpin
Jedi
Jedi

Post by Kingpin »

AQT wrote:
Anakin wrote:believe someone who already made a big mod. THAT never works :funny2:
Off-topic: Citing one example of it not working does not mean it has never worked before. Just don't hastily release a mod or map without properly testing everything first. Sure, a few minor bugs might slip by you, but as thelegend pointed out, there's no need to consecutively release four versions of the same map/mod within a short period of time (especially if no drastic new content was added), when rigorous private beta testing is an option.
+1
Domino555
Private Third Class
Games I'm Playing :: Battlefront II

Post by Domino555 »

Do you guys think you could add additional heroes such as Ahsoka Tano?
CdtFox
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant
Projects :: BUC and Designated Days
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2+EAW+Subnautica

Post by CdtFox »

Domino555 wrote:Do you guys think you could add additional heroes such as Ahsoka Tano?
I'm pretty sure that this mod is based on ROTS and the swbf 3/Elite squadron campaign, so heroes from TCW? I don't think they will add ashoka but it woulb be cool...
giftheck
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
Projects :: Star Wars Battlefront Legacy

Post by giftheck »

CdtFox wrote:
Domino555 wrote:Do you guys think you could add additional heroes such as Ahsoka Tano?
I'm pretty sure that this mod is based on ROTS and the swbf 3/Elite squadron campaign, so heroes from TCW? I don't think they will add ashoka but it woulb be cool...
I don't know. They did add Starkiller and Juno to balance out Kota being from TFU. They'd have to find a more realistic Ahsoka model given the only one available is TCW style though.
thelegend
Sith
Sith

Re: Battlefront III Legacy [WIP 7/1 - Small Update]

Post by thelegend »

TCW heroes were not planned and there were not many realistic looking character models (or textures) so no, there won't be TCW based characters in this mod. However, actually there are already TCW characters (Obiwan, Anakin...all those jedis and even Asajj Ventress and Durge from the "Clone Wars" TV show (2003)). And I don't think FRD did make ever any TCW based characters though since TCW was first aired in 2008.

Anyways here's a short Update showing you the fixed capes people have been stating for a long time: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IETr__zZzeQ

This part has been copied from the video description:
Video Description wrote: So...which major things are still not ready yet?
-CW era. Most of the stuff is visually done but the configuration is still not ready yet. For example the weapons are still too "stock" and the units themsevles need to be properly configured (Like pilots do repair vehicles when they use them, supporters support...voices may need to be fixed...)
-The last few modes and missions. These are still missing and need to be done.
-Tons of bugfixes.
-GCW era. Not started yet but won't take as long as the developement of the CW era.
-HUD and new Interface.

All of these have sub things missing like custom sound effects, music tracks and many more. I already started working on the sounds but of course many are still missing.
30 out of 32 heroes/villians seem to be done. Visually. But they all need their proper weapons first, proper foleys and sounds, proper voices, proper configuration ect. ect. ect....
CdtFox
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant
Projects :: BUC and Designated Days
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2+EAW+Subnautica

Post by CdtFox »

thelegend wrote:
Anyways here's a short Update showing you the fixed capes people have been stating for a long time: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IETr__zZzeQ

This part has been copied from the video description:
Video Description wrote: So...which major things are still not ready yet?
-CW era. Most of the stuff is visually done but the configuration is still not ready yet. For example the weapons are still too "stock" and the units themsevles need to be properly configured (Like pilots do repair vehicles when they use them, supporters support...voices may need to be fixed...)
-The last few modes and missions. These are still missing and need to be done.
-Tons of bugfixes.
-GCW era. Not started yet but won't take as long as the developement of the CW era.
-HUD and new Interface.

All of these have sub things missing like custom sound effects, music tracks and many more. I already started working on the sounds but of course many are still missing.
30 out of 32 heroes/villians seem to be done. Visually. But they all need their proper weapons first, proper foleys and sounds, proper voices, proper configuration ect. ect. ect....
Awesome... :o
Anakin
Master of the Force
Master of the Force
Projects :: RC Side Mod - Remastered - SWBF3 Legacy

Post by Anakin »

star killer has changing lightsaber color?? Didn't know that is possible.
Kingpin
Jedi
Jedi

Post by Kingpin »

I really don't want to sound rude, but to be blunt, how are the capes fixed? If you can't get the custom cloth working, you should just use stock capes on the units.
thelegend
Sith
Sith

Post by thelegend »

@Kingpin: What do you mean by asking: "how are the capes fixed?"
The capes often transformed to their actual, static mesh like seen in XSI (No physics nor working envelope). Now there's a minor chance of 0.01% this would happen again to one of them. Also the collision (primitive spheres) were often seen then. And as said in the desciption I also wanted to configure them properly (Examples: Particle Mass, accelaration and so on).