Scarif: Imperial Landing Zone (Alpha v1.1 new release)

Working on a new map? Have a new mod out for swbf2?! Post an announcement of the up-coming release here.

Moderator: Moderators

Private Recruit

Re: Scarif: Imperial Landing Zone (Alpha v1.1 new release)

Postby KeivanMereel » Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:24 am

The Pilot astromechs are going to be cool. It would be an interesting experiment to see how it would work if the droids were not deployable, but followed the pilots around and needed to be protected, just like in the movies.

Also looking forward to seeing how the Imperial droids will look different. A shiny black, silver, and red unit would be cool.

Having the model (R2, R4, R5, BB) and paint job somewhat randomized for each pilot would be extra cool.

2nd Lieutenant
Projects :: Maybe One Day
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF1 SWBF2 LOTR
Xfire or Steam user: N/A
xbox live or psn: MikeTheeBeast55

Postby MikeTheBeast55 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:16 pm

I can not wait for the next update to this already awesome map! Base assault I believe is going to be a big success since it is the first of its kind when it comes to game modes! Will there be any other new game modes being added in when the map has a final release?

Modeling Master
Xfire or Steam user: Steam: Gogienator7 (D.Onizaki)

Postby Gogie » Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:36 pm

MikeTheBeast55 wrote:I can not wait for the next update to this already awesome map! Base assault I believe is going to be a big success since it is the first of its kind when it comes to game modes! Will there be any other new game modes being added in when the map has a final release?

There are several planned that havent been touched in terms of scripting yet

to help bring back online play (so far a lack of people play online due to lag) I intend to make a "Raid Mode" as well, this again is planned but not started yet, this will be a very difficult variant of campaign with no AI bots on the players team, it will be designed for 3 or more players and will have similairities to other games fire fight missions. The intention here is that we really dont have online coop missions, and this targets those players that want coop instead of VS...

a few CTF variants have been thought of as well but nothing is for certain.

Previous

Return to SWBF2 Map/Mod Works In Progress