Crait Battlefront 2 2017 Remake

Working on a new map? Have a new mod out for swbf2?! Post an announcement of the up-coming release here.

Moderator: Moderators

spectreseven1138
Private Recruit
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: SWBattlefront2
xbox live or psn: SpectreSevenPS -PS

Re: Crait Battlefront 2 2017 Remake

Post by spectreseven1138 »

Awesome! :thumbs:
Huscarl
Private Third Class
Games I'm Playing :: Good Battlefront 2
xbox live or psn: PSN - Huscarl

Post by Huscarl »

Saw the movie today, it was fantastic :thumbs: :thumbs:

So since EA's Crait is based on the movie, I noticed that there were tunnel systems on this map. Are u gonna add those or will u stick to the movie which didn't have any tunnels?
Lorul1
Rebel Colonel
Rebel Colonel
Projects :: Assault on Theed
Games I'm Playing :: Battlegrounds
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by Lorul1 »

EA's Crait does indeed use a tunnel system - should have guessed that one LOL sooooo YES I will have tunnels ! I will probably merge the geonsis underground opening with the hoth tunnels or something !

IMPORTANT if you want to post ANYTHING HERE about The Last Jedi's Crait you MUST hide it like this
Hidden/Spoiler:
example
It's way too new and no one wants any of it spoiled !! :runaway:
captainkira41
Private Recruit
Games I'm Playing :: Battlefront 2

Post by captainkira41 »

I found deviss's first order blasters that I think he made search.php?st=0&sk=t&sd=d&sr=posts&auth ... 7&start=60
Lorul1
Rebel Colonel
Rebel Colonel

Post by Lorul1 »

Thank you

UPDATE :

A modder by the name of MissingTexture has provided me with top quality first order models !

Hidden/Spoiler:
(first order weaponry by deviss)
AND even some resistance models as well !

Hidden/Spoiler:
Obviously this guy is truly talented and with the release of this map I'm so glad thousands will see and enjoy his work :D This would not be possible without you so thanks again MissingTexture (:

I will be doing some slight retexturing for the Resistance models and for the resistance gun as well
to make them more like battlefront 2 and That line across the helmet you guys on the troopers is only a small shadow error I will fix

This has been a MAJOR step forward for this mod everyone !
Also I have started on the sky speeders although there isnt a model out for it quite yet ...
its in early alpha but take a look :
Hidden/Spoiler:
In the coming day's and after the release of kashyyyk you guys will get to see even more of crait and it will start to look more and more like EA's. It may seem and look basic now but give it a few days and it will start to look pretty good kinda like how kashyyyk went from kinda looking like kashyyyk to how its looking right now. Thanks everyone for the support and be sure to check back for more updates :thumbs:
Reapeageddon
Recruit Womprat Killer
Projects :: Considering making Lothal
Games I'm Playing :: SWBFII
xbox live or psn: PSN#Reapeageddon

Post by Reapeageddon »

A suggestion for the Ski-Speeders, you think you could have them spawn up there where the Ski Speeder hangar is? And you could just modify the B-Wing model for the Ski Speeders.
Last edited by Reapeageddon on Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Huscarl
Private Third Class
Games I'm Playing :: Good Battlefront 2
xbox live or psn: PSN - Huscarl

Post by Huscarl »

Great job with the map! :thumbs: Can't wait to see Finn and Phasma!
Broadside
Recruit Womprat Killer
Projects :: Resistance VS First Order
Games I'm Playing :: Battlefront2

Post by Broadside »

Hi
i would like to contact with MissingTexture,but i cant send PM some reason...so sorry for writing here but i need to get contact with him,
so i have wrote you an email Missing Texture, im waiting for your answer.
Anakin
Master of the Force
Master of the Force
Projects :: RC Side Mod - Remastered - SWBF3 Legacy

Post by Anakin »

you should reenvelope those new player models.
Lorul1
Rebel Colonel
Rebel Colonel

Post by Lorul1 »

@Anakin I'm new to modeling so I'm not 100% sure what this means but I will look into it

@Huscarl thanks I will have pics for Finn and phasma soon after kashyyyk

@reapeageddon regarding the bwings - I probably could and will if it comes down to it but I'm new to 3D modeling and still kinda banking off the chance someone will make a ski speeder soon lol . For now the B wings and ATAT's are fine for now

And regarding the ski speeders launch location at the top of the base ! I want the ski speeders to be accessible by the player so at first I was planning to just put them at the entrance so they are in sight ! BUT they do indeed launch from the top of the base as you said reapeageddon. What I may end up doing is either an elevator or turret controll chair to controll them or something :? The question of the day is if you were making a map how would you guys want this to be done ???
MissingTexture
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant
Projects :: SW Resistance Rising

Post by MissingTexture »

Lorul1 wrote:@Anakin I'm new to modeling so I'm not 100% sure what this means but I will look into it
I believe he is referring to pouches on the first order heavy trooper (as an example) the pouches sink into the unit's stomach; which again is an issue on my part, made them when I finally learned how to envelope objects to bones of units :oops:
Anakin
Master of the Force
Master of the Force
Projects :: RC Side Mod - Remastered - SWBF3 Legacy

Post by Anakin »

Yeah that's what I mean. Maybe the body doesn't fit the stock skeleton. In that case you need to do an own basepose and animation set. I did that with my RC mod and I think for the first order trooper I released based on the swbf3 stormtrooper
MikeTheBeast55
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Projects :: N.A.
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF1 SWBF2 LOTR
xbox live or psn: MikeTheeBeast55

Post by MikeTheBeast55 »

I must say this map is coming along really nicely, I am surprised how quickly this has been progressing, these new added in updates will definitely make the map stronger and more popular no doubt. I hope when this gets released it gets thousands of downloads!
MissingTexture
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Post by MissingTexture »

Anakin wrote:Yeah that's what I mean. Maybe the body doesn't fit the stock skeleton. In that case you need to do an own basepose and animation set. I did that with my RC mod and I think for the first order trooper I released based on the swbf3 stormtrooper
Unfortunately I am not quite there yet in being able to make a new basepose for this game yet as I work off of an old laptop! May consider connecting to the piuches to pelvis and ribcage bone so it won't absorb into the model
Lorul1
Rebel Colonel
Rebel Colonel

Post by Lorul1 »

Anakin wrote:Yeah that's what I mean. Maybe the body doesn't fit the stock skeleton. In that case you need to do an own basepose and animation set. I did that with my RC mod and I think for the first order trooper I released based on the swbf3 stormtrooper
No need to worry I found the battlefront 3 basepose anakin is talking about here - hopefully it will work with your model too, but honestly guys - even with out the basepose animation thing it still looks amazing no doubt :D
MissingTexture
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Post by MissingTexture »

Lorul1 wrote:
No need to worry I found the battlefront 3 basepose anakin is talking about here - hopefully it will work with your model too, but honestly guys - even with out the basepose animation thing it still looks amazing no doubt :D
Thanks! & If it works well with that basepose, please show us :)
Lorul1
Rebel Colonel
Rebel Colonel

Post by Lorul1 »

Here's that base pose thing by Anakin USING missing textures models

Hidden/Spoiler:
ImageImage
As you can see its no 100% perfect BUT i still think it works just fine guys. Don't even stress it MissingTexture.

ALSO we have a new recruit on board !!! here she is guys :

The first order officer made by the modder "i2Bros" From SWBFgamers and retextured by ... yours truly ! I know she kinda still looks like a man but If any of you have a female vesion then let me know ! If not then this should do just fine :) What do you guys think ? and also if your reading this i2Bros - thanks for the amazing model !

This means for my battlefront 2 conversion project I just need these models :

Imperial Jet trooper
Alliance/Resistance Jet trooper
Alliance/Resistance sniper
Republic Kamino troops
First order Jet trooper
Resistance assault
Resistance officer
captainkira41
Private Recruit
Games I'm Playing :: Battlefront 2

Post by captainkira41 »

Is this what kind of thing you were looking for for the Republic Kamino troops this is by javitolo98 by the way http://www.moddb.com/mods/improved-side ... r#imagebox
EDIT: And couldn't you put the jetpack that is on your sniper class clone on a First order officer like this http://www.moddb.com/mods/first-order-s ... 0#imagebox and add the little jet engines on the side for a model for now
Last edited by captainkira41 on Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lorul1
Rebel Colonel
Rebel Colonel

Post by Lorul1 »

Yes but I will need him in all the different classes - I'm not really worried about kamaino right now and I won't be for quite a few months - but thanks for the link !!
giftheck
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
Projects :: Star Wars Battlefront Legacy

Post by giftheck »

Just something as a suggestion if somebody DOES make an AT-M6: I would suggest modifying the AT-AT animations so that the front legs bend in reverse like elbows instead of knees. I scaled up the AT-AT animatilns to 1.4 when I munged them for the AT-ACT, so maybe try scaling them to 1.5 or 1.6.

As for the mesh: I'm not saying "do this" but I'm expecting there to be a Last Jedi pinball table in Pinball FX3 next year. Those tables have, so far, carried the 'okay to use assets' EULA, and that means that it's likely that a Last Jedi table will carry the same EULA. If, by the time you are far enough along, there is no AT-M6, ask an admin if it would be okay to use the one in such a hypothetical table (newer games and assets I would always check regardless of what EULA is used).