Proof of concept - PSP ripped map > SWBF2

Working on a new map? Have a new mod out for swbf2?! Post an announcement of the up-coming release here.

Moderator: Moderators

DylanRocket
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant
Projects :: None
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Re: Proof of concept - PSP ripped map > SWBF2

Post by DylanRocket »

Teancum wrote:Any takers? I can set this work up for SWBF1 or SWBF2, but I need to move on for now.
I'll do it. I've got a lot of time on my hands and no other projects in the works right now so I'm willing to work on literally any maps from the two games.
giftheck
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
Projects :: Star Wars Battlefront Legacy

Post by giftheck »

If somebody else were to do the vehicles, I could do the rest of the map (set up in SWBF1).
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny

Post by Teancum »

DylanRocket wrote:
Teancum wrote:Any takers? I can set this work up for SWBF1 or SWBF2, but I need to move on for now.
I'll do it. I've got a lot of time on my hands and no other projects in the works right now so I'm willing to work on literally any maps from the two games.
I'll save Korriban for you if/when I get to it. Image

ggctuk wrote:If somebody else were to do the vehicles, I could do the rest of the map (set up in SWBF1).
I'll send it your way. I'm reinstalling SWBF1 today so I'll do a very basic setup in BFBuilder. It's basically one giant object at the moment with spotty terrain in the model (since I figured we'd be replacing the model terrain with actual terrain). Once you get it up and running I can send you an updated model/models with more things split up and the modeled terrain removed. Gimmie ~24 hours. I'll either PM you here or at SWBFgamers.

As far as the vehicles go I can rip the tank and the animal, but I'd like someone else to do the XSI work so I can keep on ripping the maps. Maybe I'll see if AQT or Deviss are available.
DylanRocket
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant
Projects :: None
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2

Post by DylanRocket »

Teancum wrote:I'll save Korriban for you if/when I get to it. Image
Great to hear, thank you!
MissingTexture
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant
Projects :: SW Resistance Rising

Post by MissingTexture »

Teancum wrote:First screenshot of Boz Pity in-game. Lots of work to do on this, but it runs!

NEEDS
  • Lighting/colorization (so it matches PSP Boz Pity)
  • Terrain tweaks
  • AI Planning
  • Command post adjustments
  • Vehicles
  • --Possibly conversion of T4-B tank from Empire at War
  • --Possibly conversion of the animal mount from SWG, rigged to Kaadu skeleton
  • Final optimizations
Any takers? I can set this work up for SWBF1 or SWBF2, but I need to move on for now.

Looks awesome, I'd be able to work on some vehicles, ai planing, terrain tweaks and colorization if you needed the help for BF2.
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Teancum »

MissingTexture wrote:Looks awesome, I'd be able to work on some vehicles, ai planing, terrain tweaks and colorization if you needed the help for BF2.
I might. I know ggctuk volunteered, but he also wants to do Kashyyyk, so I might take you up on that as I just about have Kashyyyk to a point where it can start ZeroEdit work.
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Teancum »

Status update
  • Kashyyyk (Elite Squadron) has been sent off to ggctuk for ZeroEdit work
  • Cato Nemoidia now has the entire boat/hammock city ripped, not just the playable space. I need to re-export and start a fresh map as far as planning, etc goes. I'll be tackling this, adding in things like a better throne chair, statues, trees, etc from the Free Radical version.
  • Boz Pity is 98% ripped and far enough along to be sent out for ZE work, just haven't got to it yet
  • Saleucami is now 100% ripped. I'm personally working on this one. I'll get it all up and running, then once it's doing well I'll split out the plants from the main model so that you can walk through them (bushes, etc)
giftheck
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
Projects :: Star Wars Battlefront Legacy

Post by giftheck »

I've already started working on the Kashyyyk map, CPs are already placed. I'll do the rough pathing and planning next, which will be over the next few days, so I can get a working map up and running. Shouldn't be difficult: I forgot how simple some of the Elite Squadron maps were in layout.
xezene
Private Second Class
Projects :: NJO
Games I'm Playing :: BF2

Post by xezene »

This looks great! Good work. Could you rip the interiors of the Nebulon-B frigate from Elite Squadron for me? I have attempted it but I believe I do it wrong, as the textures don't match correctly, and given your results I trust your abilities more on this area. The interiors I am speaking of specifically are: the hangar and the white Rebel command rooms (and what's within them), like what was seen in ESB and ROTJ. Basically, everything inside the Nebulon-B. If it all possible (and this is of a bit less importance than the Rebel interiors), the interiors of the Star Destroyer would be also great. It is for a BFII project in development on my end. If you could, Teancum, I would be very appreciative! :)
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Teancum »

Just for fun I decided to see how much I could rip of Dantooine in one aerial pas with a droid gunship. Pretty impressive. I had to reassign all the textures and whatnot but I got everything but the cave. I'm going to put it aside, however, to try and actually get some maps working rather than just ripped.

xezene wrote:Could you rip the interiors of the Nebulon-B frigate from Elite Squadron for me? ... Basically, everything inside the Nebulon-B. If it all possible (and this is of a bit less importance than the Rebel interiors), the interiors of the Star Destroyer would be also great
Can't promise anything as there are lots of request ahead of yours, but I'll put it on my list.
MissingTexture
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant
Projects :: SW Resistance Rising

Post by MissingTexture »

Will you be releasing these as data files for everyone to play around with?
Calrissian97
Second Lance Corporal
Second Lance Corporal
Projects :: ANF - ISM Skin Changer - BF1 Ports
Games I'm Playing :: All teh BFs

Post by Calrissian97 »

Ship interiors would be great to have, space maps haven't received as much love in the community and I'd for one love to see more variety in capital ships. BTW great work so far! :D
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Teancum »

MissingTexture wrote:Will you be releasing these as data files for everyone to play around with?
I'm going to release every .msh I export so people can do whatever with them, but pretty much everything is exported as one giant .msh file at the moment. My main goal is to get these up and running, but if people want to strip out bits for map props I'm cool with that if they do it on their own.
Calrissian97 wrote:Ship interiors would be great to have, space maps haven't received as much love in the community and I'd for one love to see more variety in capital ships. BTW great work so far! :D
The PSP version's interiors are still pretty small to be honest. It's much better to have the cancelled SWBF3 ship interiors, which have several halls and whatnot.
Ginev
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Projects :: Remaking FR Battlefront 3 Tatooine map.
Games I'm Playing :: nothing for now

Post by Ginev »

Teancum i am trying to rip with Ninjaripper vie PCSX2 1.4.0 emulator from the game RevengeOfTheSith.Its working when i try to play it but for some reason i am getting just weird not textured shapes out of it.No models what so ever and some super small textures that i can barely see.Can you tell me your ripping options so i can see how you are doing it?Explain me your method of ripping stuff from emulator psp or playstation games?I am Windows 7 Ultimate by the way.
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Teancum »

It's different per emulator, but for PS2 I would follow this tutorial, which was really good. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHlJ3qO4lys
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Teancum »

Making great progress with Cato Nemoidia and Salacumei. Probably two weeks out from a public test on both. I really need to rip the last bits of Boz Pity and send it MissingTexture's way. Lastly I'm going to release all my Blender files so you can tear apart them for your own fun. I'll release msh versions of some props and buildings for the less adventurous.
Calrissian97
Second Lance Corporal
Second Lance Corporal
Projects :: ANF - ISM Skin Changer - BF1 Ports
Games I'm Playing :: All teh BFs

Post by Calrissian97 »

xezene wrote:
Calrissian97 wrote:
xezene wrote:Sounds good, Teancum!
Calrissian97 wrote:I did find this and I'm pretty excited about it. Might use it for the Resistance capital ship for my space map
Hidden/Spoiler:
Oh, what is that from?
It's the Venator Debriefing room from BF III. I can't remember where I found it. Maybe on facepunch.
Very cool. Yeah, after looking into it, I think it was one of the few interior spaceship models released from BFIII. Doesn't seem like there are any on the web for GCW era motherships -- and so along comes Elite Squadron to the rescue on that front. :D
Actually I just now found a Mon Cala bridge. But this about sums it up for all BF III Capital ship internals other than the hangar.
Screenies:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Here's a link if you're interested:
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Teancum »

Boz Pity has been sent off to MissingTexture!
jackbmh
Recruit Womprat Killer
Games I'm Playing :: Battlefront II 2005

Post by jackbmh »

I'd be willing to test out any PSP ripped maps. Also the main download doesn't work anymore.
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Teancum »

Yep, I took it down. You can find them on the Gametoast Discord #early-wip channel. Scroll up until you get to August 12, 2018. Saleucami (Renegade Squadron) and Cato Nemoidia (Elite Squadron) are there.

https://discord.gg/UK9yqje