Battlefront: The Clone Wars (build 50411/1)

Working on a new map? Have a new mod out for swbf2?! Post an announcement of the up-coming release here.

Moderator: Moderators

Cerfon Rournes
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter
Projects :: WIP. I will reveal what it is later on..
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2-SWRC
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Re: {WIP}Star Wars: The Clone Wars Era

Post by Cerfon Rournes »

THEWULFMAN wrote:ok guys, new poll at the begining
Yes, add prone :) All you have to do is switch the crouch anims with the prone one I think.
LO65
Private First Class
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet

Post by LO65 »

Hey Wulfman as i have been saying this mod is a good one but if i may make a suggestion....the clones need to have more battle damage in my opinion i know it is a minor thing but i think it would make this mod that much better (the camo guys don't need battle damage)
:thumbs:
Fiodis
Master of the Force
Master of the Force
Projects :: Rannoch + Tientia + Tools Programming

Post by Fiodis »

Cerfon Rournes wrote:
Yes, add prone :) All you have to do is switch the crouch anims with the prone one I think.
Nope. There's still all sorts of persistent issues.

For some reason GT won't let me vote, so I'll post my thoughts: cut it. It gets buggy enough that it's really not worth it, and if you're not willing to spend a jazillion hours trying to fix a (seemingly) hardcoded problem, don't add it as well-I-got-it-working-but-you-deal-with-the-bugs.
Eggman
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter
Projects :: Battlefront Chronicles

Post by Eggman »

Why add something if you know it will cause problems?
THEWULFMAN
Space Ranger
Projects :: Evolved 2

Post by THEWULFMAN »

LO65 wrote:Hey Wulfman as i have been saying this mod is a good one but if i may make a suggestion....the clones need to have more battle damage in my opinion i know it is a minor thing but i think it would make this mod that much better (the camo guys don't need battle damage)
:thumbs:
Battle damage is trhe last thing i do on a skin, but look at Commander cody, because his skin is done, he has battle damage
Fiodis wrote:
Cerfon Rournes wrote:
Nope. There's still all sorts of persistent issues.

For some reason GT won't let me vote, so I'll post my thoughts: cut it. It gets buggy enough that it's really not worth it, and if you're not willing to spend a jazillion hours trying to fix a (seemingly) hardcoded problem, don't add it as well-I-got-it-working-but-you-deal-with-the-bugs.
Eggman wrote:Why add something if you know it will cause problems?
Cerfon Rournes wrote:
I apprieciate all opinions on this, The prone animation idea is in no way final, but i thought it could be cool,
CodaRez
Field Commander
Field Commander
Projects :: I would like one.....
Location: Ride around the world! And I won't give you anything :P

Post by CodaRez »

Honestly its too buggy to serve its purpose (the collision box will probably be as big as a crouch, so it wont even serve the tactical advantage of proning, besides looking bad)
THEWULFMAN
Space Ranger

Post by THEWULFMAN »

CodaRez wrote:Honestly its too buggy to serve its purpose (the collision box will probably be as big as a crouch, so it wont even serve the tactical advantage of proning, besides looking bad)
Yeah, its getting less and less likely that there is any chance i will put this ingame, oh welll........
LO65
Private First Class
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet

Post by LO65 »

Prone would be cool but if it doesn't work well and might take a long time to fix all the bugs i say just drop it people have been fine with just crouch in the past...
THEWULFMAN
Space Ranger

Post by THEWULFMAN »

LO65 wrote:Prone would be cool but if it doesn't work well and might take a long time to fix all the bugs i say just drop it people have been fine with just crouch in the past...
ok then, that settles it, the only person who still wanted it doesn't want so no more prone, for now >-)

New question,
how many maps do you think i should make for this mod, I have enough Ideas floating around my head, but it takes time to make good maps, ask Mav
so, 3-4 maps,
5-7 maps :yes:
8-12 maps :?
12-18 maps :runaway:
Anakin
Master of the Force
Master of the Force
Projects :: RC Side Mod - Remastered - SWBF3 Legacy

Post by Anakin »

ähm your vote is broken but i wouldn't add maps.
it would be pity if someone doesn't play this mod because of he didn't like the maps. there are so much great mods but with some bad maps i don't like and because there are more maps i don't like then good maps i have delete this mod.

if someone makes a map and want's your mod he can do this too.
THEWULFMAN
Space Ranger

Post by THEWULFMAN »

Anakin wrote:ähm your vote is broken but i wouldn't add maps.
it would be pity if someone doesn't play this mod because of he didn't like the maps. there are so much great mods but with some bad maps i don't like and because there are more maps i don't like then good maps i have delete this mod.

First, you cant have a second poll it gets messed up, so if you do not like the maps, you just will not play the mod on the stock maps, thats kinda dumb, no offense. If you like the mod, whats the deal, and vdo not tell me about mission count because I will take that into account adding minimal missions
acryptozoo
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter
Projects :: Yavin Mappack
Games I'm Playing :: Homeworld 2
xbox live or psn: acryptozoo

Post by acryptozoo »

i say leave it at 5-7 maps it would be too much work to make any more maps 18 is too many :S
THEWULFMAN
Space Ranger

Post by THEWULFMAN »

acryptozoo wrote:i say leave it at 5-7 maps it would be too much work to make any more maps 18 is too many :S
Thats what i was thinking, some include
-Mandalore: Sundari 75%
http://www.gametoast.com/forums/viewtop ... 29&t=24508
-Orto Plutonia: Ice Valley 70%
http://www.gametoast.com/forums/viewtop ... 29&t=24484
and these others wich are to early to have there own threads
-Mon Calimari: Ocean Floor 45%
-Christosis: Town Square 10%
-Mimbam: Swamp Canyon 49.99999%
-Saluecami: ? 0%
-Felucia: ? 0%
-Florrum: ? -5%
updates on the first two maps coming soon
Fiodis
Master of the Force
Master of the Force
Projects :: Rannoch + Tientia + Tools Programming

Post by Fiodis »

I would say have zero maps at first, just releasing the era and adding it to stock maps. Then, when you complete maps for it, you can release them one by one as they come, including compatability for your mod. That way, users who are really terrified of going above the 500 mission count can pick and choose which to install, and those users who don't really want to many maps won't have their Instant Action screens cluttered with maps they never play. Those who do want the maps will still be able to install them and use them with the mod.

Also, psychologically, that would seem a bit easier to me. After all, if you say you'll have 5-7 maps included with the mod and then you decide you don't want to do them anymore but feel you have to, it may become a bit miserable for you. It will be anice morale booster, though, to release completed maps every few weeks or months or so, building up your mod's collection of maps slowly.

Plus, by releasing the maps for it seperately and one-by-one, you provide some incentive for users to keep the mod installed. :wink: It's a marketing trick.
Eggman
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter
Projects :: Battlefront Chronicles

Post by Eggman »

Just make whatever you feel like making. Don't tie yourself down to a set number of maps. If you make a few good maps, go ahead and include them. If you find you aren't motivated to complete any maps, don't worry about it - just release it as a standalone era for the stock maps.
THEWULFMAN
Space Ranger

Post by THEWULFMAN »

Fiodis wrote:I would say have zero maps at first, just releasing the era and adding it to stock maps. Then, when you complete maps for it, you can release them one by one as they come, including compatability for your mod. That way, users who are really terrified of going above the 500 mission count can pick and choose which to install, and those users who don't really want to many maps won't have their Instant Action screens cluttered with maps they never play. Those who do want the maps will still be able to install them and use them with the mod.

Also, psychologically, that would seem a bit easier to me. After all, if you say you'll have 5-7 maps included with the mod and then you decide you don't want to do them anymore but feel you have to, it may become a bit miserable for you. It will be anice morale booster, though, to release completed maps every few weeks or months or so, building up your mod's collection of maps slowly.

Plus, by releasing the maps for it seperately and one-by-one, you provide some incentive for users to keep the mod installed. :wink: It's a marketing trick.
Eggman wrote:Just make whatever you feel like making. Don't tie yourself down to a set number of maps. If you make a few good maps, go ahead and include them. If you find you aren't motivated to complete any maps, don't worry about it - just release it as a standalone era for the stock maps.
I agree with both of your statements, I will not have many maps in the first release, about five, then i will ad more in the method Fiodis said, that way everybody wins, Besides, there will only be conquest mode so no worries about mission count, update on mandalore, go check it out
Mandalore: Sundari WIP thread
comments?
Anakin
Master of the Force
Master of the Force
Projects :: RC Side Mod - Remastered - SWBF3 Legacy

Post by Anakin »

THEWULFMAN wrote:
Anakin wrote:ähm your vote is broken but i wouldn't add maps.

First, you cant have a second poll it gets messed up, so if you do not like the maps, you just will not play the mod on the stock maps, thats kinda dumb, no offense. If you like the mod, whats the deal, and vdo not tell me about mission count because I will take that into account adding minimal missions

but i've there are so much maps i don't like and i have too much missions i will deltet them. it's not that i will delete your mod. it's only if i have to much missions it will be the first if i don't like the maps
Marvel4
Rebel Colonel
Rebel Colonel
Projects :: Marvel4s BF1 Conversion Pack + Era Mod

Post by Marvel4 »

Fiodis wrote:I would say have zero maps at first, just releasing the era and adding it to stock maps. Then, when you complete maps for it, you can release them one by one as they come, including compatability for your mod. That way, users who are really terrified of going above the 500 mission count can pick and choose which to install, and those users who don't really want to many maps won't have their Instant Action screens cluttered with maps they never play. Those who do want the maps will still be able to install them and use them with the mod.

QFT :yes:
That's exactly what I would have suggested too.
THEWULFMAN
Space Ranger

Post by THEWULFMAN »

i have solved the problem for everyone, i will include maps, however they will be seperate, that way you can just remove them from your addon folder if you do not like them (but you will :yes: )
commander501stappo
Jedi
Jedi
Games I'm Playing :: Skyrim BF4 KSP CIV V
xbox live or psn: DarthAppo

Post by commander501stappo »

THEWULFMAN wrote:i have solved the problem for everyone, i will include maps, however they will be seperate, that way you can just remove them from your addon folder if you do not like them (but you will :yes: )
sound's good :D