The Last Breach [update #14] New grass + texture improvement

Working on a new map? Have a new mod out for swbf2?! Post an announcement of the up-coming release here.

Moderator: Moderators

Nedarb7
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Re: The Last Breach [update #12] Revived.

Post by Nedarb7 »

willinator wrote:Am I the only one who's amazed to see a FREAKING NEW 1ST PERSON ANIMATION!!! This is absolutely amazing!
Nope, you aren't alone :shock:
How did you manage to get FP animations working?!
ARCTroopaNate
Jedi
Jedi
Projects :: Star Wars Battlefront - Tides of War
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2 RC EAW
xbox live or psn: I have ps4

Re: The Last Breach [update #12] Revived.

Post by ARCTroopaNate »

IT'S ALIVE!

This was one of the first things I really started following on GT, glad to see you're still working on it! :)
agentsmith38
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Projects :: The Final Push Future - Omaha Beach
Games I'm Playing :: ArmA 2 OA
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set
Location: In the Trenches, getting ready to go over the top..

Re: The Last Breach [update #13] Schwimmwagen + road decals

Post by agentsmith38 »

Nedarb7 wrote:
willinator wrote:Am I the only one who's amazed to see a FREAKING NEW 1ST PERSON ANIMATION!!! This is absolutely amazing!
Nope, you aren't alone :shock:
How did you manage to get FP animations working?!
It's quite simple but it took me quite some time to figure out while going through trial and error, I was told it couldn't be done or something like that but like the stubborn fool I am... I still went ahead and tried myself. Took me like a day or so to figure it out. All I did was copy the humanfp folder from the assets into my own Mod Animation folder, and then I edited the munge.bats accordingly. I used the FP template located somewhere on this site I think. Also I should tell you all that you cannot create new animation banks, only replace the existing stock animations. What I did was move the left hand offscreen in the new animation, and added in a hand to the gun model.

Anyway, onto today's update. Last update I mentioned a light vehicle for the Germans called the "Schwimmwagen." The Schwimmwagen can carry up to 4 soldiers including the driver and gunner. It's mounted with an MG-42. There's some room for improvement on the Schwimmwagen looks wise which I'll get to in the next few days, and there's an issue with it that currently makes the vehicle float on land. This issue is also effecting the Sherman tank and the Panther tank as well but for some reason it's not effecting the Willy's Jeep. Also I'll be showing off more road decals. The road decals are nothing special, they're just there to make the battlefield look less plain, they're small but it can go a long way when it comes to detail. There are currently muddy boot prints, puddles, shrubs and small grass patches to touch up the battlefield.

Schwimmwagen
Hidden/Spoiler:

Road decals + foliage
Hidden/Spoiler:

And here's something that I didn't put up on ModDB yet. The muzzleflash and ordnance settings that RepSharpshooter used in his fun map called Battle Arena. Thanks to both him, and theultimat for showing me.
Hidden/Spoiler:
CressAlbane
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter
Projects :: CTF Arenas
Games I'm Playing :: Steam- cressalbane2

Re: The Last Breach [update #13] Schwimmwagen + road decals

Post by CressAlbane »

Looks exciting! The last shot especially. Everything seems to fit very well.
agentsmith38
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Projects :: The Final Push Future - Omaha Beach
Games I'm Playing :: ArmA 2 OA
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set
Location: In the Trenches, getting ready to go over the top..

Re: The Last Breach [update #14] New grass + texture improve

Post by agentsmith38 »

Before I show the next update, I'd like to thank everyone who has supported and watched my mod so far. It encourages me to do better.

Anyway, here's an update I've been working on for the past few days. I wasn't happy with the textures on the models so I've decided to redo them all. So far I've only done the British Lieutenant and the British Soldier, while doing this, I've also increased FPS a bit since I optimized the models. Since I've finished the British Soldier, all the other British models should be easy to finish as well. Not only have I gone and improved the player models, but I've also improved the grass model and texture. No FP animations yet, still having trouble with those but they'll be here soon...

NOTE: Some parts of the textures and model might be place holders. Some parts might be improved, removed or edited later on.

Grass and new textures + player models are all in each picture.
Hidden/Spoiler:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Hidden/Spoiler:
FP animations come next I think. They're not quite ready yet, I'm having some animation issues. See more pictures at ModDB if you want
AQT
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by AQT »

Looking good as usual, Scott. I know I have said this before, but this looks like a whole entire different game!
agentsmith38 wrote:
Hidden/Spoiler:
So beautiful...
KeepAmazinn
First Lance Corporal
First Lance Corporal
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Skyrim
xbox live or psn: Keep Amazinn

Post by KeepAmazinn »

Man this looks awesome. You have some amazing talent and I cant wait for the release! If your going to have any beta testing let me know and sign me up real quick if you do!