[WIP] 153rd Legion Mod

Working on a new map? Have a new mod out for swbf2?! Post an announcement of the up-coming release here.

Moderator: Moderators

kinetosimpetus
Imperial Systems Expert
Imperial Systems Expert
Projects :: A secret project
Games I'm Playing :: Warframe STO

Re: [WIP] 153rd Legion Mod

Post by kinetosimpetus »

hunpeter12 wrote:
kinetosimpetus wrote: I need to figure out if I can use lua to mimic the behavior of a haywire grenade... 'cause that would be interesting.
I assume you mean that they kick units out of vehicles? If that is the case, just change your 'ClassLabel' to "haywire" and add DisableTime = "n", to disable the vehicle for 'n' seconds.
I don't think that will work with a bolt weapon type, the haywire weapon is a grenade, and it would also work on every shot, whereas I want to use lua scripting to make it happen as a random event.
TWINKEYRUNAWAY
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Projects :: Empire Rising
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF Doom FONV
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by TWINKEYRUNAWAY »

Looks awesome man. Does the canon have heat time? It seems like the rapid rate of fire would completly destroy the cis without mercy.
kinetosimpetus
Imperial Systems Expert
Imperial Systems Expert

Post by kinetosimpetus »

currently it has the stock bomber particle cannon fire rate, i'll probably slow it down, maybe similar to the fire rate of the iftx pilot's heavy cannons which in turn are the same as the AAT turret.
Generalfacu
Rebel Sergeant
Rebel Sergeant
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Battlefront II KOTOR

Post by Generalfacu »

Sir, you have impressed me hahaha. I am looking forward to this mod. It is definitely not another CW mod.
hunpeter12
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Projects :: Underground City The Complex [WIP]
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2

Post by hunpeter12 »

kinetosimpetus wrote:
hunpeter12 wrote:
kinetosimpetus wrote: I need to figure out if I can use lua to mimic the behavior of a haywire grenade... 'cause that would be interesting.
I assume you mean that they kick units out of vehicles? If that is the case, just change your 'ClassLabel' to "haywire" and add DisableTime = "n", to disable the vehicle for 'n' seconds.
I don't think that will work with a bolt weapon type, the haywire weapon is a grenade, and it would also work on every shot, whereas I want to use lua scripting to make it happen as a random event.
Yeah, sorry. I didn't read your post thoroughly enough.
But I think you can kick people out of vehicles via LUA. (At least in DT2 normal units were kicked out from heroes' vehicles like the Falcon, if I remember correctly.)
Generalfacu
Rebel Sergeant
Rebel Sergeant
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Battlefront II KOTOR

Post by Generalfacu »

I believe I'm in love with the Halfire's missiles
kinetosimpetus
Imperial Systems Expert
Imperial Systems Expert

Post by kinetosimpetus »

Updated Hailfire Rocket Artillery FX and SFX

Was watching Attack of the Clones and when the Hailfire Droid had its closeup, I noticed the sound when its missiles fired wasn't the shrieking sound used in Battlefront, but instead was actually the sound used by Battlefront's AT-TE main gun. And the missile explosion had some purple sparks, so I added them.

The missiles no longer target infantry. That was OP. Will still autotarget vehicles and turrets.