[WIP] 153rd Legion Mod

Working on a new map? Have a new mod out for swbf2?! Post an announcement of the up-coming release here.

Moderator: Moderators

ARCTroopaNate
Jedi
Jedi
Projects :: Star Wars Battlefront - Tides of War
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2 RC EAW
xbox live or psn: I have ps4

Re: [WIP] 153rd Legion Mod

Post by ARCTroopaNate »

Mara Jade?
kinetosimpetus
Imperial Systems Expert
Imperial Systems Expert
Projects :: A secret project
Games I'm Playing :: Warframe STO

Post by kinetosimpetus »

Yup :thumbs:
TWINKEYRUNAWAY
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Projects :: Empire Rising
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF Doom FONV
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by TWINKEYRUNAWAY »

If you got 30 seconds kineto, I have a referrence video for you regarding running animation for the SBD. You will have to forgive the horrible framerate, I own SWEP: III for the origninal XBOX and didnt have a capture card and had to switch other means . (The equavlant of recording with a potatoe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vAkdVy3EHI&edit=vd
RevanSithLord
Sith Master
Sith Master
Projects :: Designated Days + LFC + GT vs SWBFC
Games I'm Playing :: FO3 + FO New Vegas
xbox live or psn: Master Revan

Post by RevanSithLord »

TWINKEYRUNAWAY wrote:If you got 30 seconds kineto, I have a referrence video for you regarding running animation for the SBD. You will have to forgive the horrible framerate, I own SWEP: III for the origninal XBOX and didnt have a capture card and had to switch other means . (The equavlant of recording with a potatoe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vAkdVy3EHI&edit=vd
Nice reference.
Hidden/Spoiler:
I like how at the end the SBD kind of sidesteps behind cover like, "Nope. :I"
EliteJay
Private Second Class
Projects :: Star Destroyer V1.0
Games I'm Playing :: SWBFII SWRC

Post by EliteJay »

After watching a lot of your vids I have to say that this is the best mod I have ever seen by far! You should get a YouTube Channel up or something so the public can see how great your work is!
kinetosimpetus
Imperial Systems Expert
Imperial Systems Expert

Post by kinetosimpetus »

I've actually thought about it, but I'm pretty busy with... stuff... right now, maybe in the future.
JAWSFreelao
First Lance Corporal
First Lance Corporal
Projects :: Band
Games I'm Playing :: Halo

Post by JAWSFreelao »

kinetosimpetus wrote: Oh, the alternate fire mode, I may increase its damage against vehicles and buildings, forgot that. I'm trying to get the alt fire on all the units in that slot to be more anti-armor in nature, but the primary weapon has been just as effective at that.
I may suggest increasing the rate of fire for the arm cannon. Or making it into a slowed down tri-burst. Not like the weird tri-shot, but like a three round burst.
KeepAmazinn
First Lance Corporal
First Lance Corporal
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Skyrim
xbox live or psn: Keep Amazinn

Post by KeepAmazinn »

whats the progress of the mod?
kinetosimpetus
Imperial Systems Expert
Imperial Systems Expert

Post by kinetosimpetus »

Not much.
Maveritchell
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Maveritchell »

KeepAmazinn wrote:whats the progress of the mod?
You've got to stop bumping old threads just to say "where is this?" I've deleted, like, a half-dozen of your posts that do this. I didn't get to this one in time. Please don't do that in the future.
Osirus
Recruit Womprat Killer
Games I'm Playing :: BFI BFII

Post by Osirus »

Just a quick question, are you going to include Arc troopers in the republic side of you mod such as Colt, Blitz, ect.
kinetosimpetus
Imperial Systems Expert
Imperial Systems Expert

Post by kinetosimpetus »

I have generic Phase 1 ARC's in, and at least one of my units will use the Phase 1.5 ARC, but no probably none of the pre-existing canon named ARC troopers.

Small Update:
Well, I've not been working on this much, been playing a lot of War Thunder, and SWTOR, but um, several days or weeks ago I did update starfighter blasters a tiny bit, still haven't tested that actually... :roll: but tonight I started a process, kinda background admin type, but I added a function to my addme script that will make adding standard modes as I call them, modes that appear in both single and multiplayer, such as conquest, so basically all of them, use 1 line of code instead of 3, which will make adding and maintaining them so much easier, plus, as I reconstruct the addme to use this function, I'll be going through the map scripts and making sure they all match current standards using my edited setup_teams and custom functions, which may also result in getting more map scripts set up, like, the rest of the GCW ones. :D
THEWULFMAN
Space Ranger
Projects :: Evolved 2

Re: [WIP] 153rd Legion Mod [MiniUpdate_2013-09-19]

Post by THEWULFMAN »

Any thoughts on making the main cannon on the AAT charge up like it did in the 2002 Clone Wars game? I enjoyed how that worked. I've always wanted to recreate the multiplayer stuff from that game, never gotten around to it. Even the art assets are released nowadays, why am I not working on it already is anyone's guess.

I'll give you a hint though. It rhymes with "I'm hazy."
kinetosimpetus
Imperial Systems Expert
Imperial Systems Expert

Post by kinetosimpetus »

I'm not sure if I will have the turret charge up, it seems fine for damage and fire rate in stock configuration, I do have an idea for charging rockets though.

Here are a couple vids that show some of the recent work I've done, mostly what you should notice are the reticule and Minimag PTL effects, but there's also some work gone into floating icons and ironsights, but those are not really aligned for 16:9 yet, I'm going to align for 4:3 first.

Anyway, I'm working on hopefully a release soon, a version 0.5.0 or so, with only ground maps, with only conquest missions, and with only the first 7 class slots on each team, so infantry only, no commandos or heroes, will try to get ground vehicles working nicely too. The reduced scope is helping me focus on this smaller amount of work so I can get this part done and polished instead of bouncing all over the place not knowing what to do.
RevanSithLord
Sith Master
Sith Master
Projects :: Designated Days + LFC + GT vs SWBFC
Games I'm Playing :: FO3 + FO New Vegas
xbox live or psn: Master Revan

Post by RevanSithLord »

kinetosimpetus wrote:Anyway, I'm working on hopefully a release soon, a version 0.5.0 or so, with only ground maps, with only conquest missions, and with only the first 7 class slots on each team, so infantry only, no commandos or heroes, will try to get ground vehicles working nicely too. The reduced scope is helping me focus on this smaller amount of work so I can get this part done and polished instead of bouncing all over the place not knowing what to do.
Yeah, that's a good way to do it. I know that when I'm at work, I should really view it like this too, but I end up overwhelming myself whether it's on mod projects or my job at the workplace. It's never good to overwhelm yourself, even with stuff you do on your free time. I'm loving your work, Kinetos, and surely do look forward to whatever you put out there. Great job!
CressAlbane
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter
Projects :: CTF Arenas
Games I'm Playing :: Steam- cressalbane2

Re: [WIP] 153rd Legion Mod [Announcement 2013-09-22]

Post by CressAlbane »

Sounds excellent. Good to hear you have a renewed focus. Can't wait for a release!
KeepAmazinn
First Lance Corporal
First Lance Corporal
Games I'm Playing :: Skyrim
xbox live or psn: Keep Amazinn

Re: [WIP] 153rd Legion Mod [Announcement 2013-09-22]

Post by KeepAmazinn »

Cant wait for this release man been waiting for a while!
kinetosimpetus
Imperial Systems Expert
Imperial Systems Expert

Post by kinetosimpetus »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xwU-jU7SqE

Updated IFT-X and Ion Cannon

Ion Cannon is a lua weapon that is nearly non lethal, but does significant damage to heavily armored targets when they have high hp. It can be used to quickly soften a hard target so it can be destroyed by other weapons.

I need to figure out if I can use lua to mimic the behavior of a haywire grenade... 'cause that would be interesting.
Kingpin
Jedi
Jedi
Projects :: The Sith Wars II

Post by Kingpin »

Awesome! Happy to see that this mod is still getting some attention.
hunpeter12
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Projects :: Underground City The Complex [WIP]
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2

Post by hunpeter12 »

kinetosimpetus wrote: I need to figure out if I can use lua to mimic the behavior of a haywire grenade... 'cause that would be interesting.
I assume you mean that they kick units out of vehicles? If that is the case, just change your 'ClassLabel' to "haywire" and add DisableTime = "n", to disable the vehicle for 'n' seconds.