Announcing: SWBF2 Cockpit Mod

Working on a new map? Have a new mod out for swbf2?! Post an announcement of the up-coming release here.

Moderator: Moderators

Blackrider

Post by Blackrider »

hey thanks schizo..i uh think lol
yeah i did those today but those are the only ones i can really do because they are an open cockpit ya know. The others we'll just have to make themourselfs. I think everyone should help out here and put the creations on the forum

but so far all we have is
BARC speeder
better speeder bike
and arc 170
but ill search for jedi starfighter
Last edited by Blackrider on Thu Dec 15, 2005 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by Teancum »

If cockpit views are anything like BF1, they'll be easy. It's merely a matter of lining them up correctly. BF1 didn't need hardpoints. All I did for the A-Wing was export the K-Wing's cockpit, recorded on paper how it was oriented, then opened a fresh file and did the A-Wing cockpit. So, as far as that goes, Darksaber of the XWA Upgrade project gave us permission to use his models, so that knocks out the A-Wing, and the Y-Wing (which I never knew was the same model as the X-Wing, never used FPM).

My wife's getting me BF2, but we're celebrating Christmas in early January due to schedules. By that time the tools should be out, and I'll certainly jump aboard the bandwagon.
Blackrider

Post by Blackrider »

alrighty i got some cockpits from rebel strike for the snowspeeder, x-wing, and a-wing(or we could use tean's)
i could probebly do the AT-RT and the AT-TE's main gun cockpit ill try now
CloneCommanderAlpha512

Post by CloneCommanderAlpha512 »

Nice job guys. One Question: If u are able to make the cockpit views, then can u make a mod u auto-eject u out of a ship or vehicle when u blow up if ure a pilot or engineer? I know that in bfront 1 there was supposed to be something like this included in one of the patches but lucasarts never got it working.
Any feedback on this would be helpful.

EDIT: i checked in one of the readme files of one of the patches, dont remember which one but it definitely shows that lucasarts made an attempt to make an auto-ejecter possible.
thats all for now
Blackrider

Post by Blackrider »

well i dont know what that has to do with cockpits but good ideas :D
Lead_Pilot
First Lance Corporal
First Lance Corporal

Post by Lead_Pilot »

Maybe you could do something with BF1 speederbike and edit it for an At-Rt. Just a thought, its a start.
Dvondrake

Post by Dvondrake »

I really cant wait for this mod.. Specially in space. :D
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by Teancum »

Hang on... Do you actually have these cockpits modeled?
Blackrider

Post by Blackrider »

the ones for the Awing the snowspeeder and x wing were from rebel strike and the barc and speeder bike i made from fiddling around with bf2 but cant you get cockpit views from starwars galaxies if anyone has it post a picture of grienvas's starfighter and the jedi intercepto
Schizo

Post by Schizo »

If I could figure out how Blackrider was able to get the cockpit views for the speederbikes, I'd actually try to take a shot at making some for the starfighters.
Blackrider

Post by Blackrider »

Well Schizo i made the speeder bike ones by pushing the bikes close to the wall and teh only other one that we can do that with is the AT-RT. Becasue it shows the controls. We will have to get the otehr ones from the movies or Star Wars Galaxies. Anyone who has Star Wars Galaxies please post cockpit views for teh following ships
Jedi Starfighter
Grievas Starfighter
ARC 170
V-Wing
Y-wing
Imperiel Shuttle
and i think that is it

btw where is Rends.
Schizo

Post by Schizo »

What do you mean by "pushing them close to the wall"?
Blackrider

Post by Blackrider »

i was driving a speeder bike and i backedup close to the wall and then the camera made it look like I was driving it so i took a sn and SHAZAM!
so who has star wars galaxies
Schizo

Post by Schizo »

So... you really didn't actually make the cockpit then...
Lord-Bandu

Post by Lord-Bandu »

he just took a pic of the cockpit.

I guess for the purpose of rends modeling it.
Blackrider

Post by Blackrider »

Exactimundo

IM A FRAUD jk

well im sorry schizo

btw Schizo can you help us make some for teh starships
Schizo

Post by Schizo »

I'm not much of a modeller... but I can skin, if you'd like.
Blackrider

Post by Blackrider »

alright thanks

Does anyone have starwars galaxies cause that can help a lot
Tyler_Durden

Post by Tyler_Durden »

WOW!!! That is some excellent work there. Will we be able to use these modes in MP at all? Not that I play MP that much but it would be a great addition. This might just get me to come back to the game.

Would it be possible to modify the Jedi so we could play as them in first person? I know a lot of people don't necessarily like playing in first person but it would be great for those of us who play the game exclusively that way. Better immersion plus it would look great on my widescreen monitor.
Blackrider

Post by Blackrider »

Hmm im no modder but im not sure we can do that because the same problem will happen with bf1. And when you swing a sword or an ax in battlefront it moves like an inch and its really lame. But it may be possible.

So Schizo if i get the views and i give them to you you can skin them then give them to Rends?