Mass Effect: Unification (build 40316/06) (R6 RELEASED)

Working on a new map? Have a new mod out for swbf2?! Post an announcement of the up-coming release here.

Moderator: Moderators

Marth8880
Resistance Leader
Projects :: DI2 + Psychosis
Games I'm Playing :: Silent Hill 2
xbox live or psn: Marth8880

Mass Effect: Unification (build 40316/06) (R6 RELEASED)

Post by Marth8880 »

Mass Effect: Unification is a fan-made non-profit total-conversion mod developed by Frayed Wires Studios for STAR WARS™ Battlefront™ II.
Neither Frayed Wires Studios nor Mass Effect: Unification are affiliated with or endorsed by BioWare or Electronic Arts in any way.
Mass Effect is the sole property of EA International (Studio and Publishing) Ltd. All Rights Reserved.

Image Image

1. OVERVIEW

Mass Effect: Unification is a total-conversion mod for Star Wars Battlefront II that adds the Mass Effect era to Instant Action. As of the latest release, you can fight as the Systems Alliance, the Heretic Geth, the Collectors, or the Evolved Geth on three new custom maps, all of the stock maps, and all maps from the Sol Map Pack.

1.1. This mod currently features:
  • 4 new factions accumulating 25 new unit classes
  • 9 new hero classes
  • 3 new Mass Effect maps: Eden Prime, the Prothean Skyway, and Virmire
  • Support for all stock land maps
  • Support for all maps from the Sol Map Pack
  • External support for IC_d3linqu3nt's Lotashi Z: X Province (Note: The map must be installed in order for it to show up in the Instant Action roster)
  • Significantly improved game modes, including Conquest, 1-Flag CTF, and 2-Flag CTF
  • 1 new game mode: Siege mode
  • Authentic sound effects and music accurate to the Mass Effect franchise
  • A massive amount of specially hand-crafted assets specifically tailored for this mod
  • An external app that can be used to tune various game parameters such as desired faction combination, HUD/shell style, difficulty, Shepard class, and more
1.2. What to expect in future updates:
  • A brand new ME3-style HUD in R6
  • 3 new maps in R6
  • Various patches and hotfixes that correct bugs and add small features
  • New maps, modes, campaigns, factions, and more
_________________________________________________________________________________

2. VIDEOS

2.1. Official Trailer:

2.2. Mod Features & Overview:

2.3. How to Install:

DOWNLOAD R5 (STANDALONE*) FROM:
Mod DB | MediaFire | The Nexus

* still requires Star Wars Battlefront II to play

INCLUDES SUPPORT FOR THE SOL MAP PACK

Image Image Image Image Tweet #meunification

_________________________________________________________________________________

3. DEVELOPMENT CREDITS

3.1. Main developers:
  • Marth8880
  • THEWULFMAN
  • AQT
3.2. Other contributors / supporters:
  • The Nasal Abyss
  • Scott_W.Pilgrim
  • RogueKnight
  • Cerfon Rournes
  • Fiodis
  • Willinator
  • yuke5
  • zwyx1234
  • Nedarb7
  • Kinetos Impetus
  • DarthD.U.C.K.
  • Maveritchell
  • archer01
  • RunawayJam
  • Redwiz
  • PatrickKosick
  • Teancum
  • Ryan Gilbert
3.3. Sponsors: 3.4. Core development software: 3.5. Preferred asset databases:

4. MAP INFORMATION

4.1. Completed Mass Effect maps:
  • Aeia: Island
  • Eden Prime: Spaceport
  • Europa: Vostok Station
  • Feros: Prothean Skyway
  • Noveria: Compound
  • Virmire: Trenches
4.2. Supported Sol Map Pack maps:
  • Earth: Luna
  • Earth: Pioneer Trails
  • Mars: Geryon Montes
  • Titan: Xanadu
  • Venus: Research Station
4.3. Other maps: 4.4. Future maps:
Items that are bolded are currently being worked on.
  • Tuchanka: Arena
  • Rannoch: Highlands
  • Illium: Shipping Docks
  • Korlus: Wasteland

I am currently accepting participants to produce some of the optional Mass Effect maps for this mod; send me a PM or message me on Steam (Marth8880) for more information.

5. YOUTUBE POLICY FAQ

Image Image Image Image Tweet #meunification

Last edited by Marth8880 on Sat May 27, 2017 1:08 pm, edited 201 times in total.
Cerfon Rournes
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter
Projects :: WIP. I will reveal what it is later on..
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2-SWRC
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Re: The Mass Effect Mod

Post by Cerfon Rournes »

Looks like a fun, interesting idea. Good luck! :D
AQT
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by AQT »

Cool to see this is finally up, Marth. Good luck indeed.

Is Io supposed to be so intentionally red?
Xavious
Sith Master
Sith Master

Post by Xavious »

You've got three very open looking maps right now with few objects - while I understand you're going for "realism" in terms of environments, I can imagine these maps would all play much too similarly to really be differentiated from each other aside from comparing the visual elements. Not to mention the fact that open maps are generally some of the least fun maps to play.
The Nasal Abyss
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Projects :: Currently Working on an Indie Game
Games I'm Playing :: Splatoon 2
xbox live or psn: Stm: Tight Verbage

Post by The Nasal Abyss »

I actually have a Mass Effect soldier model I am currently making as practice, but I can convert it to be usable in Battlefront. Contact me if you are interested.

Also, the maps all do look very open. Hopefully they can be livened up with various custom objects in a similar art style to the Mass Effect games.

Besides that, I can't wait for this mod. It was only a matter of time until somebody did this. (I was actually thinking of doing one myself, but I guess that won't be necessary any more.)
Marth8880
Resistance Leader

Post by Marth8880 »

In note of the current openness of the maps:

Pluto and Io have not been worked on very much yet, and I assure you there will be a good number of objects in the future. :yes:
AQT wrote:Is Io supposed to be so intentionally red?
No, I still need to adjust the lighting.
Fluffy_the_ic
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief
Projects :: astrally
xbox live or psn: fluffytherc

Post by Fluffy_the_ic »

Wow, looks great so far! I don't completely agree with your choice of planets, though. There are better environments than planets like Pluto and Luna in Mass Effect. You could have places like Tuchanka, Horizon, Haestrom, the planet from Project Overlord, or the Collector Ship/Base. I can't wait to see how this turns out in the end, though. I've wanted to see this since I bought Mass Effect nearly 2 years ago. :D
Marth8880
Resistance Leader

Post by Marth8880 »

Fluffy_the_ic wrote:Wow, looks great so far! I don't completely agree with your choice of planets, though. There are better environments than planets like Pluto and Luna in Mass Effect. You could have places like Tuchanka, Horizon, Haestrom, the planet from Project Overlord, or the Collector Ship/Base. I can't wait to see how this turns out in the end, though. I've wanted to see this since I bought Mass Effect nearly 2 years ago. :D
Right now, these are just some maps in production that I have decided to implement this era mod into.

Also:
Marth8880 wrote:I am currently accepting participants to produce some of the optional Mass Effect maps for this mod; send me a PM or message me on Xfire (Marth8880) for more information.
RED51
Jedi
Jedi
Games I'm Playing :: SWBFII

Post by RED51 »

It looks like you have something good going. I was toying the idea of a quick ME side demo for me to make and mess around while I was playing the games. My skinning skins have improved over time, so I could make some merc skins and a few weapon odfs as well if I ever get the time, if you want.

I would also like to say that you shouldn't go over you head when you are making this; that's what kinda what happened with my Prime Front mod. That virus attack sooo did not help as well... :cpu:
But I get the feeling this mod won't end up where PF is. Good luck! :thumbs:
Marth8880
Resistance Leader

Post by Marth8880 »

RED51 wrote:It looks like you have something good going. I was toying the idea of a quick ME side demo for me to make and mess around while I was playing the games. My skinning skins have improved over time, so I could make some merc skins and a few weapon odfs as well if I ever get the time, if you want.
Thanks. The only weapon ODFs I am currently in need of are ones for the Concussive Shot (should be simple, just haven't gotten around to it), Tactical Cloak (easy as well), Incinerate (would probably be simple, too), the Combat Drone (which I'm currently making a model for), Tech Armor (getting the addon model I'll make to simulate the awesome look will probably be difficult to do), Shockwave, and Charge (ugh, probably the most difficult).
RED51 wrote:I would also like to say that you shouldn't go over you head when you are making this; that's what kinda what happened with my Prime Front mod.
What do you mean? Explain.
Unlucky13
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
Projects :: Models models models
Games I'm Playing :: Random stuff

Post by Unlucky13 »

I think he means don't go try to make a mod that is harder and more time consuming than you can create. Although I have no doubt that you can do most, if not all that you plan to do.
Marth8880
Resistance Leader

Post by Marth8880 »

Unlucky13 wrote:I think he means don't go try to make a mod that is harder and more time consuming than you can create. Although I have no doubt that you can do most, if not all that you plan to do.
I see, well most of it is just modeling now, I already have a lot of the ODF work out of the way.
AQT
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by AQT »

Marth8880 wrote:
Oh no, it's not just the lighting; the lava cutout and lava burst effects could be recolored as well. I think the real Io has a more nasty diarrhea look that is combined with an orange-green tide dye color.
Marth8880
Resistance Leader

Post by Marth8880 »

AQT wrote:
Marth8880 wrote:
Oh no, it's not just the lighting; the lava cutout and lava burst effects could be recolored as well. I think the real Io has a more nasty diarrhea look that is combined with an orange-green tide dye color.
Hmm, I will experiment with these things. Also, the lava is really just horribly-colored water which I still need to fix.
ARCTroopaNate
Jedi
Jedi
Projects :: Star Wars Battlefront - Tides of War
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2 RC EAW
xbox live or psn: I have ps4

Post by ARCTroopaNate »

Lol. That lava/water looks like blood. :raider:
willinator
Major
Major
Projects :: [Coming of the Sentinels]
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2 Minecraft Halo
xbox live or psn: PC pwns all!

Post by willinator »

I unfortunately have never played Mass Effect. However, you really need to change up the look of the maps, as Io just doesn't look right with the sky, and Pluto and Luna look EXACTLY the same, except Luna has craters. This mappack is on my radar, but it has to come a long way before I will ever think of downloading.
Hidden/Spoiler:
Sorry to be such a downer on an early WIP
Fiodis
Master of the Force
Master of the Force
Projects :: Rannoch + Tientia + Tools Programming

Post by Fiodis »

willinator wrote:Pluto and Luna look EXACTLY the same, except Luna has craters.
Heh. That's kind of the way it is in real life, except irl they both have craters.

If there really aren't any issues with IP and all (and I guessed there might be, but since no one else has raised the question I'm likely wrong), are you going to add (invent, rather) space combat?
Marth8880
Resistance Leader

Post by Marth8880 »

Fiodis wrote:If there really aren't any issues with IP and all (and I guessed there might be, but since no one else has raised the question I'm likely wrong), are you going to add (invent, rather) space combat?
IP? But no, I will most likely not invent space combat (in this release, anyway).
willinator wrote:Pluto and Luna look EXACTLY the same
Except for all of those differences. :wink: but4srs, Pluto is not very close to being completed and there is still much to be done.
willinator wrote:Io just doesn't look right with the sky
How so? I don't (nor does any human being) know what Io's sky looks like (we've never been there, derp :funny2: ).
willinator wrote:This mappack is on my radar
*era mod
Fiodis
Master of the Force
Master of the Force
Projects :: Rannoch + Tientia + Tools Programming

Post by Fiodis »

Marth8880 wrote:IP?
Intellectual Property, but as I said - no one's complaining about it.
Marth8880 wrote:How so? I don't (nor does any human being) know what Io's sky looks like (we've never been there, derp :funny2: ).
We can still judge whether or not something "looks" right, based on our conscious or unconscious expectations. And I'd agree with willinator that something seems off. Perhaps it's the volcanos - they seem somewhat lowrez and blurry.

EDIT - Scratch all that. I forgot - we haven't been to Io, but we've sent probes there, and we've got pictures:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Acutally I think the above pic looks pretty cool and could make for a rather unique map if used as a reference.
THEWULFMAN
Space Ranger
Projects :: Evolved 2

Post by THEWULFMAN »

Fiodis wrote: EDIT - Scratch all that. I forgot - we haven't been to Io, but we've sent probes there, and we've got pictures:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Acutally I think the above pic looks pretty cool and could make for a rather unique map if used as a reference.

Agreed. Shame on me for not looking for Io reference pictures, but thanks for the pic Fiodis.