Naboo: Selton

Working on a new map? Have a new mod out for swbf2?! Post an announcement of the up-coming release here.

Moderator: Moderators

AQT
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Re: Naboo: Selton

Post by AQT »

Aside from the additional modes I wanted to add, the map is pretty much done, although the CW era is unexpectedly crashing at times, which I cannot seem to pinpoint the cause.
TWINKEYRUNAWAY
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Projects :: Empire Rising
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF Doom FONV
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by TWINKEYRUNAWAY »

hmm, that's an unfortunate problem man. Really looking forward to seeing it though, hope you can find the problem soon.
KeepAmazinn
First Lance Corporal
First Lance Corporal
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Skyrim
xbox live or psn: Keep Amazinn

Post by KeepAmazinn »

Can you also release your rebel and close sides as separate side replacement mods?
timelow
Recruit Womprat Killer

Post by timelow »

This looks pretty amazing. It's a shame you got rid of the banners and turrets. I'm sick to death of the clone wars and it would have been really cool to have a Galactic Civil War atmosphere. But I guess beggars can't be choosers!
Hope you release a beta soon.
AQT
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Re: Naboo: Jedi Enclave (formerly "Selton")

Post by AQT »

So I started working on this map again after a two-year hiatus. The map has experienced some visual changes, which includes the removal of randomized time of day/weather. It used to be called Naboo: Selton, but now it is Naboo: Jedi Enclave. The original custom sides I made have been scrapped; some aspect of them was causing a crash that I was never able to pinpoint. Here are some new screenshots:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Comments, criticisms, and suggestions are as always welcomed!
Anakin
Master of the Force
Master of the Force
Projects :: RC Side Mod - Remastered - SWBF3 Legacy

Post by Anakin »

I doesn't had this on mind anymore. Very nice to see you back on mapping. I hope you'll add stock era and era support for dt, bfx, rc,...
SmokyCashew01
Recruit Womprat Killer
Games I'm Playing :: Battlefront 2
xbox live or psn: WildingSpark3

Post by SmokyCashew01 »

I NEED A CAMPAIGN WITH CAPTAIN ARCHER FROM YOUR DEATH WATCH BUNKER MAP!

Please do not type in all uppercase (CAPS LOCK) letters; it is against the RULES. -Staff
TWINKEYRUNAWAY
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Projects :: Empire Rising
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF Doom FONV

Post by TWINKEYRUNAWAY »

Its missing something essential I think. I know, it needs more gungans. I think your sides crashed becuase of the lack of jar jar hero support. Needs moar boommbas, celtas and boss nass. Actually just replace the whole rebel sides with glorious gungan warriors. I can personally garentee gamespot, kotaku and IGN will report on the ingenious amount of diversity and creativity gungans will bring to battlefront. Then again they might be over powered, with them having the highest count of minichlorions in the known star wars universe.
jedimoose32
Field Commander
Field Commander
Projects :: Engineering Degree

Post by jedimoose32 »

@TWINKEYRUNAWAY: What.... oh gosh no.

@AQT: This looks really good so far. Can't wait to see more.
Fives
Private
Projects :: Maps+Mods [BETA] Tester
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2+SWTOR and STO
xbox live or psn: not enabled

Post by Fives »

Looks interested......can't wait
JazzMaster
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Projects :: Cato Neimoidia- Invasion
Games I'm Playing :: Battlefront 2

Post by JazzMaster »

Probably one of the best looking Naboo maps I've seen so far! That forest green trim and tile adds a brand new freshness that most naboo maps are missing. Also fantastic work with the layout. The variation between roads and sidewalk is perfect honestly. A little sad the old sides were scrapped, but knowing your side work from other maps like "Alaris Prime: Gorge" (the GCW era sides were pretty inspiring for me) I'm sure what you think of next will be fun.
AQT
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by AQT »

Thanks for your interests, guys! At this point I'm just trying to finish/fix up my old projects, incorporating and implementing any new ideas I may have in them instead of starting brand-new projects. So expect that there's going to be a big mishmash of influences from The Old Republic, Halo, The Force Unleashed, Republic Commando, etc. in this particular map.

Since the last post, I've switched out/replaced some of the tree models and overall attempted to make the place look more Jedi-y and less stock Naboo-y:
Hidden/Spoiler:

Star map
SmokyCashew01 wrote:I NEED A CAMPAIGN WITH CAPTAIN ARCHER FROM YOUR DEATH WATCH BUNKER MAP!
A campaign is planned that will take place during Order 66/the Jedi Purge sometime shortly after the end of the Clone Wars. I was having trouble thinking of a fun campaign mission back in the day that would work well with the boring symmetrical design of this map, but I think I know what to do now. Currently, it will involve:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Security force fields

Shield generator control consoles
TWINKEYRUNAWAY wrote:Its missing something essential I think. I know, it needs more gungans. I think your sides crashed becuase of the lack of jar jar hero support. Needs moar boommbas, celtas and boss nass. Actually just replace the whole rebel sides with glorious gungan warriors. I can personally garentee gamespot, kotaku and IGN will report on the ingenious amount of diversity and creativity gungans will bring to battlefront. Then again they might be over powered, with them having the highest count of minichlorions in the known star wars universe.
I see...

Well, I don't know about a whole side, but I do have a one Gungan unit that was inspired by the Jackals from the Halo games:
Hidden/Spoiler:
(Has a pistol and shield that is both an offensive and defensive weapon.)
Anakin
Master of the Force
Master of the Force
Projects :: RC Side Mod - Remastered - SWBF3 Legacy

Post by Anakin »

very impressive. I like the ambient light. I'm pretty sure that this map will look awesome at night with the glowing lanterns :D
Isaac1138
Corporal
Corporal
Games I'm Playing :: BF1+2 stronghold

Post by Isaac1138 »

AQT wrote:Thanks for your interests, guys! At this point I'm just trying to finish/fix up my old projects, incorporating and implementing any new ideas I may have in them instead of starting brand-new projects. So expect that there's going to be a big mishmash of influences from The Old Republic, Halo, The Force Unleashed, Republic Commando, etc. in this particular map.
So what are these unreleased maps? Hopefully he will surprise us with another republic commando mp converted map.
commanderawesome
Field Commander
Field Commander
Projects :: Skin Changer - Warfront - Other stuff
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF SWTOR KotOR EaW
xbox live or psn: AaTc_CmdrAwesome

Post by commanderawesome »

Isaac1138 wrote:
AQT wrote:Thanks for your interests, guys! At this point I'm just trying to finish/fix up my old projects, incorporating and implementing any new ideas I may have in them instead of starting brand-new projects. So expect that there's going to be a big mishmash of influences from The Old Republic, Halo, The Force Unleashed, Republic Commando, etc. in this particular map.
So what are these unreleased maps? Hopefully he will surprise us with another republic commando mp converted map.
Those republic commando maps aren't converted. They were made from scratch.
Oswald1928
Private
Games I'm Playing :: DuckTales Remastered

Post by Oswald1928 »

LOVING the map so far. Screenshots look great, I love Naboo's architecture and look, can't wait for the campaign, and I always look forward to Jedi enclave maps. One question, though:
AQT wrote:The original custom sides I made have been scrapped; some aspect of them was causing a crash that I was never able to pinpoint.
Does this mean there will be new custom units, since you mentioned "original"? Or will it just be stock units?
MikeTheBeast55
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Projects :: N.A.
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF1 SWBF2 LOTR
xbox live or psn: MikeTheeBeast55

Post by MikeTheBeast55 »

Wow AQT, I have been following this particular thread for a while and I do have to say the map looks fantastic so far! Your custom made sides so far are also awesome looking as well and that is one of the number one things I look for in a map for a good fun factor! This will be awesome when it gets released, so psyched!
Isaac1138
Corporal
Corporal
Games I'm Playing :: BF1+2 stronghold

Post by Isaac1138 »

commanderawesome wrote:
Isaac1138 wrote:
Those republic commando maps aren't converted. They were made from scratch.
yea, thats what I meant
AQT
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by AQT »

Update 12/26/2017

Greetings all. Here's another one of my old projects that was never finished nor released! :o

It is being worked on again (for now). I had stopped working on this map mainly because: 1) Clone Wars era was crashing, probably due to something related to the sides, and 2) the map was too symmetrical. Originally, I began work on this map in the same year shortly after Venus was released for the Sol Map Pack, and that one was symmetrical, so I thought I would continue the formula. Now, though, it felt a little boring and repetitive.

For the past month I changed some things up a bit to make things less symmetrical but without changing the map design up too drastically. That, along with major cosmetic changes are the results so far below:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Sides will get a major overhaul from scratch-ish. Hopefully no more crashing! :)
RevanSithLord
Sith Master
Sith Master
Projects :: Designated Days + LFC + GT vs SWBFC
Games I'm Playing :: FO3 + FO New Vegas
xbox live or psn: Master Revan

Post by RevanSithLord »

:o I'm excited. Is Karag still gonna be in the map? :D Can't wait to see what you got! I should post a WIP threat for my Fest map. :P