Coruscant: Skyline[Release]

Working on a new map? Have a new mod out for swbf2?! Post an announcement of the up-coming release here.

Moderator: Moderators

yuke5
Field Commander
Field Commander
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2 TF2 RC KOTOR
xbox live or psn: My steam is yuke5.

Re: Coruscant: Skyline [Update][1/8/13]

Post by yuke5 »

Actually, I spoke to soon. Before I had a chance to move everything, my mom accidentally re-formatted the hard drive. Everything was deleted. I can't even play SWBFII anymore, as I've lost the disc since. However, I did make sure to backup the latest iteration of the map. So everything that has been made up to this point has been completed. I'll do my best to finalize it up to this point without mod tools, mostly through editing the addme. Once this map is released, I will be in my pre-mature and likely permanent retirement from modding. I'm sorry.
Ant
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer
Projects :: The Clone Wars Mod
Games I'm Playing :: Battlefront Series

Post by Ant »

yuke5 wrote:Actually, I spoke to soon. Before I had a chance to move everything, my mom accidentally re-formatted the hard drive. Everything was deleted. I can't even play SWBFII anymore, as I've lost the disc since. However, I did make sure to backup the latest iteration of the map. So everything that has been made up to this point has been completed. I'll do my best to finalize it up to this point without mod tools, mostly through editing the addme. Once this map is released, I will be in my pre-mature and likely permanent retirement from modding. I'm sorry.
:runaway: Im so sorry! Do you no when it will be realsed then?
Locutus
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Projects :: Stargate Battlefront Pegasus

Post by Locutus »

yuke5 wrote:Once this map is released, I will be in my pre-mature and likely permanent retirement from modding.
Really!?
Oh c'mon, you can't do that. You have saved your map, Battlefront is cheap like beer and reinstalling modtools ain't that hard. Think about it. Our beloved Battlefront! :)

(If you really stick with this decision you could still ask someone with modtools (like me) to get some final aspects done)
Cleb
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Projects :: Learning how to use 3DS Max
Games I'm Playing :: BF2 CIV4 MC
xbox live or psn: ˙. ˙. ˙. ˙. ˙. ˙

Post by Cleb »

Locutus wrote:(If you really stick with this decision you could still ask someone with modtools (like me) to get some final aspects done)
I think he means he doesn't have the data_*** folder anymore and you can't really edit anything else.
yuke5
Field Commander
Field Commander

Post by yuke5 »

The only thing I saved was the CRS folder. I guess I was being a little overzealous, but I am likely going to be inactive for a while. Coruscant: Skylines WILL be released, just prematurely. Thankfully, the map is releasable at this time. It looks pretty good, I'm just going to need to cutaway a couple gamemodes. I can probably do this by editing the addme.script file, or I can get someone else to create a data_CRS folder with an addme to my specifications. The release will feature support for Dark Times and KoTOR eras, HQ mode, conquest, a few TDM and hero assault modes, but will not have campaign or wave modes. Certain aspects of the map will be unpolished, such as missing weapon icons and some unlocalizations. The loadscreen will not be a picture of the map, just of Coruscant from the movie. All, in all, the map will still be intact, just at 85% rather than 100%
TWINKEYRUNAWAY
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Projects :: Empire Rising
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF Doom FONV
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by TWINKEYRUNAWAY »

yuke5 wrote:The only thing I saved was the CRS folder. I guess I was being a little overzealous, but I am likely going to be inactive for a while. Coruscant: Skylines WILL be released, just prematurely. Thankfully, the map is releasable at this time. It looks pretty good, I'm just going to need to cutaway a couple gamemodes. I can probably do this by editing the addme.script file, or I can get someone else to create a data_CRS folder with an addme to my specifications. The release will feature support for Dark Times and KoTOR eras, HQ mode, conquest, a few TDM and hero assault modes, but will not have campaign or wave modes. Certain aspects of the map will be unpolished, such as missing weapon icons and some unlocalizations. The loadscreen will not be a picture of the map, just of Coruscant from the movie. All, in all, the map will still be intact, just at 85% rather than 100%
Im sorry about that, well hopefully someone can create that addme thing for the CRS file. It really is a good map! Im curious to how far this event sent you back.
Dreadnot9
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer
Projects :: Rising Conflict CW v2.0
Games I'm Playing :: Skyrim TF2 FTL
xbox live or psn: Steam is Dreadnot9

Post by Dreadnot9 »

I can certainly create the addme if need be, shoot me a pm if you'd like me to do so.
LEO
First Lance Corporal
First Lance Corporal
Projects :: Map_for_swbf2
Games I'm Playing :: Swbf2

Post by LEO »

i have a second swbf2 you can have it. and than please dont stop to mod i really love youre previous map flooded oil raffinery
yuke5
Field Commander
Field Commander

Post by yuke5 »

LEO wrote:i have a second swbf2 you can have it. and than please dont stop to mod i really love youre previous map flooded oil raffinery
While certainly appreciate that, don't worry. The IS in a releasable state. It just needs a little polish. Some gamemodes will be cut, but the map WILL BE RELEASED. I promise.
LEO
First Lance Corporal
First Lance Corporal
Projects :: Map_for_swbf2
Games I'm Playing :: Swbf2

Post by LEO »

So you are sure you stop modding? Thats very sad because very slowly swbf2 dies
THEWULFMAN
Space Ranger
Projects :: Evolved 2

Post by THEWULFMAN »

This is why I rarely let my parents touch my computer.

I'm very sorry this happened to you Yuke, sorry to see you go. SWBF2 is on sale for $5 on Steam from time to time, just to let you know.

You can't successfully edit the addme.script file as far as I know. But as you're a member of Frayed Wires, the least we can do is create a new addme for you. Upload the data, and Marth and I will take care of the rest. We'll need to know what modes need to stay and which to go of course. Actually give us as much info as you can.
CressAlbane
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter
Projects :: CTF Arenas
Games I'm Playing :: Steam- cressalbane2

Post by CressAlbane »

I'll be able to do the addme, I think.
yuke5
Field Commander
Field Commander

Post by yuke5 »

I've re-installed the mod tools. I've made a new addme, and it seems to be working. I'm going to test all the gamemodes and make sure they work. If they do, expect a release soon.

EDIT: I've come across a bit of an issue. There is a significant bug I've overlooked in which affects the flow of the game significantly. Coming from one direction, A.I. can't attack a CP, giving the other team a significant advantage. I'm considering ways to remedy this. If any of my former beta testers have a copy of the map, I would appreciate it greatly if they could send me a copy, as I no longer have mine. I can probably replace the CRS.lvl from the older release with the current buggy one. The visuals of the map may less in quality, but gameplay will be better. One the bright side, the map won't have the less-than-finished library and be replaced with the older model. Unfortunately, AQT's beautiful sky will be gone, and a few bugs I dealt with will come back. :|

EDIT2: I spoke too soon. I assumed that A.I. were incapable of moving through this barrier, but only human players are hindered, and humans can just roll/sprint/jump over it. So, never mind. It's just a minor bug now, and not worth setting the map back.
Ant
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer
Projects :: The Clone Wars Mod
Games I'm Playing :: Battlefront Series

Re: Coruscant: Skyline[Release Soon]

Post by Ant »

How long is "soon?"
CressAlbane
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter
Projects :: CTF Arenas
Games I'm Playing :: Steam- cressalbane2

Post by CressAlbane »

When we finish everything up, the map will be released.
TWINKEYRUNAWAY
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Projects :: Empire Rising
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF Doom FONV

Post by TWINKEYRUNAWAY »

Ant wrote:How long is "soon?"
When they are done. There wouldn't be any sense in rushing them.
thebadshot
Private
Projects :: No Mod project currently.

Post by thebadshot »

I want to play this so bad!!! I hope you finish it soon.
yuke5
Field Commander
Field Commander

Post by yuke5 »

Release!

forums/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=28958

(Staff, you can lock this thread if you want)