Coruscant: Skyline[Release]

Working on a new map? Have a new mod out for swbf2?! Post an announcement of the up-coming release here.

Moderator: Moderators

yuke5
Field Commander
Field Commander
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2 TF2 RC KOTOR
xbox live or psn: My steam is yuke5.

Coruscant: Skyline[Release]

Post by yuke5 »

Release!

forums/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=28958

A note before I begin:
Hidden/Spoiler:
[quote="yuke5"]Here is an idea, and it's pretty do-able. I started making this map, I don't think I quite have the skill/modeling resources to get it done. It'd be a coruscant map, but it'd be centered around one small segment of the bustling sky highways. There'd be two bridges and the overall map would take a basic rectangle shape, nothing special. Here's the gimmic: animate a bunch of civilian flyers, (they have been made) to be speeding below and above the two bridges, you keep a constant supply of ships by making fly in a circle. The two full circles would be hidden by a bunch of buildings as scenery. Like I said, this seems pretty do-able, but for some reason I'm never satisfied with my attempts. I can never get the bridges to connect, and I can't create buildings for the player to walk into too. I have no modeling skill, and my cpu won't let me use XSI. However I figure that if the concept was pulled off well, the visual appeal would be great.[/quote]

I posted this after I had been with GT for about a month. Since then, I've been here for a a little over a year. When I made that post, the same day I was sent a PM from Cress Albane. He wanted to collaborate with me on my idea. I was incredibly excited that a person who had been on the site for two years wanted to work with me, a newbie. Well, it has been a year since then, and we have been working on the map since. Cress Albane has made a ton of awesome models, and I'm extremely grateful to him. This is every bit his map as it is mine.
*takes deep breath*

Coruscant: Skyline

Courscant: Skyline is a map centered around five different buildings, near the top of Coruscant's urban mountain range, which are arranged in a rectangle with one building in the center. Every building is unique, and each team has two buildings to start out with. However, the middle building belongs to neither team and must be captured. There is also a constant stream of air traffic above the map, particularly above the center platform.

Newer Pictures:
Hidden/Spoiler:
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
The Diner:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Hidden/Spoiler:
The Library:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Hidden/Spoiler:
The Club:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Hidden/Spoiler:
The Warehouse:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Hidden/Spoiler:
The Center Platform:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Custom Sides

Coruscant Skyline will feature custom sides in both eras for all factions.
The Coruscant Guard

Rifleman -
Hidden/Spoiler:
Rocketeer -
Hidden/Spoiler:
Sniper -
Hidden/Spoiler:
Engineer -
Hidden/Spoiler:
As of now, all of the basic units have not been changed mechanically. However, I do have plans to alter them slightly. However, I have begun work on the unlockable units.

Officer -
Hidden/Spoiler:
Features the DC-15A rifle, which delivers more damage than the DC-15c, but has some kick. Best fired in bursts although in close quarters, it is devastating.

Jet-Trooper -
Hidden/Spoiler:
The Jet-Trooper no longer wields an EMP launcher, but instead uses a variant of the DC-15c which fires in bursts.

Newer Photos (with new models)

Clone Trooper:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Clone Rocketeer:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Clone Marksman:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Clone Engineer:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Clone Commander:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Clone Jettrooper:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Clone Gunner:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Cress's Galactic Civil War Sides

CressAlbane wrote:Aaaaand.... It's GCW time!

THE GALACTIC EMPIRE

--Stormtrooper--
Hidden/Spoiler:
Weapons:
+Blaster Rifle
+Blaster Pistol
+Thermal Det.
The Stormtrooper forms the backbone of the Empire's defence force on Coruscant. This standard trooper's Blaster Rifle is great at dealing with lone enemies, but lacks the damage output for crowd control. In a pinch, he can switch to his Blaster Pistol for a more rapid rate of fire, at the cost of firepower. The Stormtrooper also carries a Thermal Detonator for tight situations.
A skilled Stormtrooper aims to take out infantry advancing into his team's territory. He uses the Blaster Rifle liberally, and gets as close as he can to maximize damage. He's always ready with the Blaster Pistol if his primary rifle runs out of ammunition. If a large number of enemies swarms him, he retreats and throws his thermal detonator - he's not able to hold his own against a group.
Strong against: Rebel Vanguard, Mortar Trooper, Rebel Soldier
Weak against: Rebel Engineer, Rebel Sharpshooter, Wookiee Warrior

--Shock Trooper--
Hidden/Spoiler:
Weapons:
+Rocket Launcher
+Shotgun
+Thermal Det. (2)
*Higher health
*Slower move speed
The Shock Trooper is a sight to be feared. This bulky trooper's Rocket Launcher, with a clip of four rockets, is able to dish out spread damage from a considerable range. When dealing with nearby, his Shotgun is a good fallback to avoid self-damage. Also, his Thermal Detonators allow him to clear out entrenched enemies with ease.
A good Shock Trooper focuses on large clusters of enemies. He uses his splash damage efficiently, and always reloads the Rocket Launcher when he has a spare moment. He knows to aim for the floor near hard-to-hit targets, and to lead his shots when dealing with distant enemies. He switches to his Shotgun if he runs out of primary ammo. If he's being approached by a superior unit, he aims his shots carefully - he doesn't have blaster weaponry for sustained close conflicts.
Strong against: Rebel Engineer, Mortar Trooper, Rebel Combat Droid
Weak against: Rebel Scout, Rebel Sharpshooter, Rebel Soldier

--Imperial Marksman--
Hidden/Spoiler:
Weapons:
+Sniper Rifle
+Blaster Pistol
+Recon Droid
*Lower health
The Imperial Marksman waits in the rear, picking off enemy infantry. His Sniper Rifle charges up to double its base damage - a fully-charged headshot can eliminate any class in one shot! If approached, he can switch to his Blaster Pistol for a quick flurry of shots to cover his retreat. The Recon Droid acts as a scout for the sniper, allowing him to effectively be in two places at once.
The best Imperial Marksman is patient. He waits, out of sight, for enemies to reveal themselves, and then unleashes the shot he's been charging. The Blaster Pistol is his last resort, and he retreats from direct combat. He uses the Recon Droid wisely - its low spread allows him to attack from two directions by switching back and forth.
Strong against: Rebel Soldier, Rebel Vanguard, Wookiee Warrior
Weak against: Rebel Scout, Rebel Engineer, Rebel Sharpshooter

--Imperial Engineer--
Hidden/Spoiler:
Weapons:
+Shotgun
+Fusion Cutter
+Blaster Pistol
+Auto-turret
+Health & Ammo Powerup
*Lower health
The Imperial Engineer keeps the troops going. His Shotgun, while it packs a punch, is often forgone for the Fusion Cutter, the Engineer's tool to repair droids and buildings. The Engineer's Auto-turret is a powerful defensive force - it unleashes flurries of bolts at any sighted enemies. The Engineer also carries a Blaster Pistol, which he uses in conjunction with his Powerup Dispenser to support the team.
The most apt Imperial Engineer stays defensive, deploying his Auto-turret often and keeping it healthy with the Fusion Cutter. He doesn't get too attatched to it, however, as he knows that grenades, rockets, and mortars do it in quickly. Instead, he presses forward with the team, placing Auto-turrets at key defensive locations, and keeping the team healthy with powerups. He also fufills his duty of repairing the team territory's medical and ammo droids.
Strong against: Rebel Sharpshooter, Rebel Soldier, Rebel Scout
Weak against: Rebel Vanguard, Mortar Trooper, Rebel Combat Droid

--Scout Trooper--
Hidden/Spoiler:
Weapons:
+Spreadgun
+Vulcan Pistol
+Knife
*Faster run speed
*Much lower health
The Scout Trooper rushes the enemy. His Spreadgun fires a band of blasts devastating at close range. He also carries a Vulcan Pistol for harassing distant enemies. When he closes in on them, he attacks with his Knife for deadly effect.
The expert Scout Trooper brings the fight to his enemies, employing his advantage at close range. At long range, however, he engages lone enemies with the Vulcan Pistol, tracking his shots due to its circular fire pattern. He hits groups of enemies with Spreadgun blasts. When using the Knife, he attacks and quickly follows up with a Spreadgun blast or an additional Knife swipe.
Strong against: Rebel Sharpshooter, Mortar Trooper, Rebel Vanguard
Weak against: Rebel Engineer, Rebel Combat Droid, Wookiee Warrior

--Mortar Trooper--
Hidden/Spoiler:
Weapons:
+Mortar Launcher
+Mines
+Detpacks
+Blaster Pistol
*Higher health
The Mortar Trooper rains havoc on the enemy. His Mortar Launcher rounds stick to enemies and rebound off walls, creating addional destruction. He can deploy Mines at key points for defense, or throw Detpacks for offense and traps. He also carries a Blaster Pistol as a last resort.
A successful Mortar Trooper is clever. He flings Mortar Launcher rounds at distant enemies, and skids them along the floor and off walls. He deploys mines around corners and behind boxes to surprise enemy troops. He never passes up the chance to throw a Detpack into a cluster of enemy troops or to trap corridors. He understands the his Mortar Launcher is most powerful when he hits enemies directly with the ordnance. If he runs out of explosives, he pulls out his Blaster Pistol to cover himself as he retreats to an ammo droid.
Strong against: Rebel Engineer, Rebel Combat Droid, Wookiee Warrior
Weak against: Rebel Soldier, Rebel Vanguard, Rebel Sharpshooter

--Imperial Battle Droid--
Hidden/Spoiler:
Weapons:
+Flamethrower
+Sonic Blaster
+Timebomb
*Impervious to Auto-turret fire
*Slightly higher health
The Imperial Battle Droid disrupts enemy defenses. His Flamethrower damages enemies, and also leaves a crippling afterburn effect. His under-barrel Sonic Blaster, while odd, packs a punch with direct hits and headshots. The Imperial Battle Droid also posseses Timebombs, a powerful tool against enemy fortifications.
A good Imperial Battle Droid is bold. He rushes into enemy lines, igniting enemy troops with his Flamethrower and spreading confusion with his Sonic Blaster. He uses his shielding to auto-turrets to place timebombs directly on them, destroying the turret in one hit. He understands, however, that enemy Droids are resistant to fire, so when he encounters one, he ignites it and switches to his Sonic Blaster.
Strong against: Rebel Engineer, Rebel Scout, Rebel Soldier
Weak against: Mortar Trooper, Rebel Vanguard, Wookiee Warrior

--Dark Trooper--
Hidden/Spoiler:
Weapons:
+Chaingun
+Blaster Pistol
+Melee
*Much slower run speed
*Much higher health
The Dark Trooper stops enemies cold. His Chaingun is a behemoth with a two-hundred-round clip that can obliterate enemies at close range. He has a Blaster Pistol for backup. When enemies get too close, he can also use a Melee attack to knock them down, killing most classes in one deadly blow.
A skilled Dark Trooper uses his weapons wisely. He revs the Chaingun up early to be prepared for approaching enemies. When he doesn't have time to, he engages them directly with his Blaster Pistol. He understands that his weakness is Droids, so when one approaches, he Melees it before it can ignite him and retreat. He also stays close to ammo sources, knowing that his offensive power is severely limited without Chaingun rounds.
Strong against: Rebel Soldier, Rebel Scout, Rebel Combat Droid
Weak against: Rebel Sharpshooter, Mortar Trooper

--HERO: IG-88--
Hidden/Spoiler:
Weapons:
+Precision Rifle
+Underbarrel Mortar Launcher
+Neurotoxin (2)
The cold, ruthless bounty hunter IG-88 was chosen to target the Alliance forces on Coruscant. Equipped with a Precision Rifle to assassinate targets with deadly accuracy, IG-88 is able to lead the troops from any position. His rifle also features an Underbarrel Mortar Launcher similar to those issued to the Imperial Mortar Trooper. IG-88's nearly impervious body also contains deadly Neurotoxin emitters.
IG-88 is a dangerous foe at all ranges. He uses his Precision Rifle to score headshots on enemy troops, and fires rounds from the Underbarrel Mortar Launcher to catch groups of enemies off-guard. When surrounded, he emits Neurotoxin, which slowly kills the enemy over time.

THE ALLIANCE TO RESTORE THE REPUBLIC

--Rebel Soldier--
Hidden/Spoiler:
Weapons:
+Blaster Rifle
+Blaster Pistol
+Thermal Det.
The Rebel Soldier is the majority of the Alliance attack force on Coruscant. He carriers an automatic Blaster Rifle - slightly slower but with less spread than its Imperial counterpart. Most Alliance troops are also issued with a standard Blaster Pistol to supplement their primary weapons. Most Alliance soldiers are also lucky enough to scrounge a Thermal Detonator.
The most useful Rebel Soldier is always thinking of the team. He uses cover to his advantage and stops lone advancing enemies. When troops form up to assault a command post, he falls in and puts his Blaster Rifle to good use.
Strong against: Shock Trooper, Mortar Trooper, Stormtrooper
Weak against: Imperial Engineer, Imperial Marksman, Dark Trooper

--Rebel Vanguard--
Hidden/Spoiler:
Weapons:
+Rocket Launcher
+Shotgun
+Thermal Det. (2)
*Higher health
*Slower move speed
The Rebel Vanguard holds much of the Alliance's firepower. His Rocket Launcher holds only 3 rockets at once, but the Vanguard makes up for this with hasty reloading. In addition, no Rebel Vanguard is at home without his trusty Shotgun, the second most prominent Alliance weapon. Rebel Vanguards are also issued the Alliance's few Thermal Detonators, making them coveted by some of the regular troops.
The effective Rebel Vanguard puts his explosive power to good use. He fires Rockets around nearby corners if he thinks an enemy is approching. He also doesn't underestimate the Shotgun - with the extra combat shielding of a Vanguard, he can sometimes absorb damage and quickly dispatch the enemy in a straight gunfight.
Strong against: Imperial Engineer, Mortar Trooper, Imperial Battle Droid
Weak against: Imperial Scout, Imperial Marksman, Stormtrooper

--Rebel Sharpshooter--
Hidden/Spoiler:
Weapons:
+Sniper Rifle
+Blaster Pistol
+Recon Droid
*Lower Health
Those Rebel Soldiers with a particular knack for accuracy are assigned the role of the Rebel Sharpshooter - thinning Imperial ranks from afar with the Sniper Rifle. Sharpshooters are still effective with the Blaster Pistol, despite it being a weaker weapon, provided they can score headshots. Rebel Sharpshooters are also outfitted with Recon Droids to help hunt down their next targets.
The highest-ranked Rebel Sharpshooters are those that stay alive, and prevent Imperials from doing so. To this end, they stay out of the front lines and focus on scoring headshots - it's more efficient to score an uncharged headshot than a fully charged normal hit.
Strong against: Stormtrooper, Shock Trooper, Dark Trooper
Weak against: Imperial Scout, Imperial Engineer, Imperial Marksman

--Rebel Engineer--
Hidden/Spoiler:
Weapons:
+Shotgun
+Fusion Cutter
+Blaster Pistol
+Auto-turret
+Powerup Dispenser
*Lower health
Due to a lack of able volunteers, Alliance pilots were pressed into the role of Rebel Engineers for the attack on Coruscant. They were handed the only weapons with a surplus - the Shotgun and Blaster Pistol - and conscripted into the attack force. Luckily, most of the pilots were familiar with the Fusion Cutter and the technology behind Auto-turrets. Most of the Alliance troops are also thankful that they're not stingy with the Powerup Dispenser, either.
The Rebel Engineers that survive know how to utilize the tactical presence of their Auto-turrets. Some Alliance soldiers were known to laugh at the sight of a Rebel Engineer crouched behind his Auto-turret, Fusion Cutter alight - but that stopped when they saw how effective the strategy was.
Strong against: Imperial Marksman, Stormtrooper, Imperial Scout
Weak against: Shock Trooper, Mortar Trooper, Imperial Battle Droid

--Rebel Scout--
Hidden/Spoiler:
Weapons:
+Spreadgun
+Vulcan Pistol
+Knife
*Faster move speed
*Much lower health
The Alliance accepts a wide range of volunteers, including some of the less honorable. These smugglers and thieves are assigned the role of the Rebel Scout. Rebel Scouts have been known to use weaponry leaning towards the more... creative, such as the unorthodox Spreadgun and Vulcan Pistol. But all Alliance soldiers are in agreement that little can beat a trusty Knife when it comes to close-range combat with Imperials.
Rebel Scouts focus on hit-and-run tactics, using their high movement speed to out-maneuver the enemy. When confronted with distant enemies, however, the Rebel Scout can't always hit due to the strange flight paths of his ordnance.
Strong against: Imperial Marksman, Mortar Trooper, Shock Trooper
Weak against: Imperial Engineer, Imperial Battle Droid, Dark Trooper

--Mortar Trooper--
Hidden/Spoiler:
Weapons:
+Mortar Launcher
+Mines
+Detpacks
+Blaster Pistol
*Higher Health
The Mortar Trooper has only one purpose on the battlefield - to blow up Imperial troops. To this end, he is equipped with a Mortar Launcher, as well as Mines and Detpacks. Strangely enough, more Mortar Troopers fall to their own explosives than enemy fire - which is perhaps why the Alliance has also started to issue them Blaster Pistols.
Mortar Troopers never fight by the book - but if they did, they would focus on laying clusters of mines at choke points, and using detpacks to catch the enemy unaware. Mortar Troopers also can help aid a push with their Blaster Pistols.
Strong against: Imperial Engineer, Imperial Battle Droid, Dark Trooper
Weak against: Stormtrooper, Shock Trooper, Imperial Marksman

--Rebel Combat Droid--
Hidden/Spoiler:
Weapons:
+Flamethrower
+Wrist Blaster
+Timebomb
*Slightly higher health
For their attack on Coruscant, the Alliance decided to tap into a risky weapon - abandoned Super Battle Droids from the Clone Wars. These droids are a fearsome sight, equipped with Flamethrowers and Wrist Blasters which fire an explosive ordnance. The Wrist Rocket firing mechanism was removed in fear of friendly fire, and was replaced with a Timebomb dispenser.
With only a single identify-friend-foe protocol keeping the Rebel Combat Droid on the Alliance side, it was decided to restrict the Droid to a few specific objectives: Breaching secured locations with the Flamethrower and Wrist Blaster, and destroying Imperial turret installations with the Timebomb.
Strong against: Imperial Engineer, Imperial Scout, Stormtrooper
Weak against: Mortar Trooper, Shock Trooper, Dark Trooper

--Wookiee Warrior--
Hidden/Spoiler:
Weapons:
+Repeating Blaster Rifle
+Bowcaster
+Melee
*Much slower move speed
*Much higher health
The Alliance has always been on good terms with the Wookiees of Kashyyyk, and the furry warriors' presence on Coruscant is a testament to that. For the assault, the Wookiees were outfitted with Repeating Blaster Rifles larger than those any human soldier could wield. In addition, the Wookiees are armed with their tribal Bowcasters, as well as their strong arms for Melee.
The Wookiee Warrior attacks with blinding damage output. The Repeating Blaster Rifle can devastate enemy troops at close range. At long range, the Bowcaster works well against groups of enemies, but it may be difficult to hit lone targets.
Strong against: Stormtrooper, Imperial Scout, Imperial Battle Droid
Weak against: Imperial Marksman, Mortar Trooper

--HERO: Han Solo--
Hidden/Spoiler:
Weapons:
+DL44 Blaster
+DL44 Blaster (Burst)
+Detpack (5)
+Thermal Det. (2)
+Rally
*Higher health and stamina than IG-88
General Han Solo leads the Alliance liberation of Coruscant. His trusty DL44 Blaster at his side, Solo fights among the Allaince troops, Rallying their defenses and bolstering troop morale. In addition, General Solo is known to employ explosives, such as Detpacks and Thermal Detonators, in the fight against the Imperials. Solo's DL44 Blaster also features an illegal Burst firing mode, a holdover from his sumggling days.
As an expert marksman, Solo relies on his DL44 Blaster for his offensive power. He prefers using the Burst fire to pick off lone enemies, but opts for the normal firing mode when dealing with crowds to control his shots. Solo also uses his Detpacks and Thermal Detonators as traps and to secure Alliance territory.

Note:
Hidden/Spoiler:
All Clone skins are done by me, however they all use Labj's HD Clone Trooper pack as a template. All Clone weapons, besides the sniper, were made by Rogue Knight and Deviss.

Another Note!
Hidden/Spoiler:
I forgot to mention that a lot of stuff was made by Rends and was used in his Coruscant City and Streets mod maps.
Last edited by yuke5 on Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:03 pm, edited 40 times in total.
Marth8880
Resistance Leader
Projects :: DI2 + Psychosis
Games I'm Playing :: Silent Hill 2
xbox live or psn: Marth8880

Re: Coruscant: Skyline

Post by Marth8880 »

All of the images are broken. :o
yuke5
Field Commander
Field Commander

Post by yuke5 »

Not for me. :shock: I'll get right on it! I'll see if I can host them somewhere else. Any recommendations?

EDIT: Pictures should be fixed now, I uploaded to photobucket.
Last edited by yuke5 on Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kinetosimpetus
Imperial Systems Expert
Imperial Systems Expert
Projects :: A secret project
Games I'm Playing :: Warframe STO

Post by kinetosimpetus »

I can see 1 image. It looks interesting, as do the descriptions of everything else.
willinator
Major
Major
Projects :: [Coming of the Sentinels]
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2 Minecraft Halo
xbox live or psn: PC pwns all!

Post by willinator »

Photobucket is what I use the most, and it's never let me down.
Marth8880
Resistance Leader
Projects :: DI2 + Psychosis
Games I'm Playing :: Silent Hill 2
xbox live or psn: Marth8880

Re: Coruscant: Skyline [Pics Fixed?]

Post by Marth8880 »

Much better. (Though I prefer Dropbox as it's very easy to add links based on simply changing the URL.)

Looks great! :o
yuke5 wrote:
Hidden/Spoiler:
I think you should give the scrolling text a glow flag. Yes, glow + scroll + transparency is possible. (See Thermal Clips in my mod.)
yuke5
Field Commander
Field Commander

Re: Coruscant: Skyline [Pics Fixed?]

Post by yuke5 »

Alrighty, I'll see if I can do that. I'll have to look how to give materials a glow flag though. What if I cheated and but some lights behind the text so it gave the appearance that it was glowing?

EDIT: I also forgot to mention that the two spotlight in front of the club rotate from side to side, kind of like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSay5Z2X7_s
The Nasal Abyss
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Projects :: Currently Working on an Indie Game
Games I'm Playing :: Splatoon 2
xbox live or psn: Stm: Tight Verbage

Post by The Nasal Abyss »

Get some lighting up in there dude! You need a directional light to add depth and shading to the scene!
THEWULFMAN
Space Ranger
Projects :: Evolved 2

Post by THEWULFMAN »

I'm with TNA. Also, I'm tempted to go through and set up bump/normal maps for all those models.

Other than that I'm excited about this map. Keep up the good work Yuke!
willinator
Major
Major

Post by willinator »

I agree with WULF and TNA on both points. Directional lights and lighting can do wonders for a map. It can go from bland and ordinary...
Hidden/Spoiler:
...to extraordinary.
Hidden/Spoiler:
Also, it looks like some of the textures (especially in the warehouse) are just one solid color.
ARCTroopaNate
Jedi
Jedi
Projects :: Star Wars Battlefront - Tides of War
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2 RC EAW
xbox live or psn: I have ps4

Post by ARCTroopaNate »

lol Will, nice map. :wink:

Great job so far Yuke! I thought you had been working on this, given some of the hints you've dropped elsewhere, I have suggestion, makes things flashy! This is coruscant, things are vibrant and exciting, make some lights, signs, bright colors, all the buildings look like their own an outer rim world, not in the galactic hub with trillions of people. :)
CressAlbane
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter
Projects :: CTF Arenas
Games I'm Playing :: Steam- cressalbane2

Post by CressAlbane »

Oh, wow - that library model looks trashy to me now. I'll fix all those overlapping edges and re-send it to you. I agree with willinator, too - add some more directional lights! Maybe a glow coming from the city below would work.
EDIT: I like what you did with the diner, but the chairs look a little off. I can make them a separate material if you want.
willinator
Major
Major

Post by willinator »

Also, I don't see any of the aforementioned speeders...
Anakin
Master of the Force
Master of the Force
Projects :: RC Side Mod - Remastered - SWBF3 Legacy

Post by Anakin »

great work
yuke5
Field Commander
Field Commander

Post by yuke5 »

I'm working on the lighting right now. I'll post results in a bit, but it's taking some time, I don't have it just as I would like. I will also post some pictures of the flyer stream (sorry).
PizzatheHutt
First Lance Corporal
First Lance Corporal
Projects :: Something...
Games I'm Playing :: Battlefront 2

Post by PizzatheHutt »

willinator wrote: Also, it looks like some of the textures (especially in the warehouse) are just one solid color.
I concur .
Other than that , it looks very good, I always liked Coruscant maps !
AcaelusThorne
Corporal
Corporal
Projects :: Republic Commando Side Mod
Games I'm Playing :: SWBII
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by AcaelusThorne »

Since there is hardly any object from the stock maps (except the libary shelfs) and Corusant maps are really hard to do since they have to be full and exciting like Nate said, I think you are on a good way. Of course there need to be more adverts and stuff like that but the main idear is good.
The main thing which is bugging me are the textures. willinator is right:
willinator wrote: Also, it looks like some of the textures (especially in the warehouse) are just one solid color.
EDIT:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Ninjad by PizzatheHutt :runaway:
Also great job on that shocktrupper skins. :thumbs:
yuke5
Field Commander
Field Commander

Post by yuke5 »

Yay! Update!
Hidden/Spoiler:
I have added directional light, as suggested. Also, I have added plenty of "omni" and "spot" lights around the map where they are best suited, so there are various colors sprouting throughout the map. Mostly, they are located near scrolling text and ads, so it appears as though they are glowing. For example, in the picture above, the clone is standing near a big huge pillar of text which radiates a red light.
Hidden/Spoiler:
Also pictured is the air traffic. Some of the current models are not best suited for animation, as their gear is detached and just kind of floats with them. I am also in the process of adding engine effects to all flyers so that they appear to actually be flying, and aren't just animated props. Also, if I'm feeling ambitious, I'll try to mishmash a bunch of flyer sounds together from the game and movies to create a ambient noise near the airtraffic. That way, when a player is directly underneath, they hear various speeder sounds and the such.

I have also made significant progress with the warehouse building, however, due to the two levels, the A.I. still have some difficulty. The problem becomes less prominent every time I revise it though.

Checklist:

1. Complete Republic Side
2. Add CIS Side
3. Polish Gangster/Civilian Side
4. Add colorful advertisements
5. Create Custom Soundstream
6. Eat Cookies.

If there is anything you want to see, or have any suggestions/questions, please just let me know. I want to make this map fun and immersive.
JAWSFreelao
First Lance Corporal
First Lance Corporal
Projects :: Band
Games I'm Playing :: Halo
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Re: Coruscant: Skyline [Update 6/29]

Post by JAWSFreelao »

This looks awesome :D but the one things i suggest is get some lighting on those buildings...! This is Coruscant. There's going to be blue, orange, pink, purple, whatever lights everywhere! Those buildings just look much too dark!
ARCTroopaNate
Jedi
Jedi
Projects :: Star Wars Battlefront - Tides of War
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2 RC EAW
xbox live or psn: I have ps4

Re: Coruscant: Skyline [Update 6/29]

Post by ARCTroopaNate »

I like what you've done with it so far, it's looking much more lively right now, I suggest taking random lights and putting them everywhere like said above, Coruscant's city was not organized in a sense, it was a mish-mash of pretty lights and stuff.