GT vs SWBF Custom

Working on a new map? Have a new mod out for swbf2?! Post an announcement of the up-coming release here.

Moderator: Moderators

RevanSithLord
Sith Master
Sith Master
Projects :: Designated Days + LFC + GT vs SWBFC
Games I'm Playing :: FO3 + FO New Vegas
xbox live or psn: Master Revan

GT vs SWBF Custom

Post by RevanSithLord »

So for a few months, Icemember and I have been tossing around other ideas regarding a different project to work on and for the most part, he has come up with this idea. First it started out being SWBF Custom vs other 'enemies' such as spambot battledroids and the like and random 'Internet' entities, then finally we had both decided that a war between GT and SWBF Custom would be rather epic.

This starting map takes place on Syloda. A once peaceful 'middle' planet now torn by the new war that has been enraging on its surface. What was once a planet reminiscent of Corellia is now essentially burned out building husks and bits of rubble. The city has been split between two sections :the GT section and the SWBF Custom section.

This map/mod series doesn't really mean that our forums are against one another (I've always been a member of both, this mod allows me to fight on both sides, though my 'commander' is on the SWBFC side) - we're more or less envisioning a new kind of 'forum war story'. It's not completely serious - it's more for fun than anything and for community ideas and participation, but does have some 'serious' undertones.

This map I would say is about 98% complete based on what I've played - there's some AI pathing issues and there needs to be some localization, but the balancing is pretty much on par.

This is the trailer I had just rendered today to make up for the lack of screenshot links in the meantime, I'll try and copy over the screenshot urls from Icemember in a few since most are on the other forum.

GT vs SWBF Custom

The Battle of Syloda ignites the devastating war between GT and SWBF Custom. Lephenix and Guru lead the charge.

More information: Both sides have their 'basic' armies employing Phase II Clone Trooper armour and certain ranks/positions have certain colours (GT for now, but SWBFC will have 'rank' lines and patches later) and weapons (both, role-specific).

Soon, certain colours will be used in later maps to show who's legions belong to who.

So far, SWBF Custom has the following legions/divisions/etc prepared for future maps:
RevanSithLord - REV Division
Icemember - ICE Division

TwinkeyRunaway needs to pick out his 3 letter division acronym.
Glitch needs to also pick his (his army will consist of Battledroids, not clones)

That's another thing I need to bring up: NEITHER SIDE ARE LIMITED TO CLONES.
That's right: Your legion, your preferences of models and weapons! This is a mod/map series for the community and hopefully by the community (for both forums). And hopefully an over-arcing story made from both sides will bring it to an even more epic scale!

Originally we thought commanders would be 'limited' to admins and moderators, but I feel as though you should be able to have your own legion then and there, seeing as though from a rank perspective, most people are well past 'sergeant' on both forums by this rate. Besides I feel we shouldn't 'limit' people or say 'no' when it comes to personal legions. Go wild with requests!

Though I would love to ask to keep 'ridiculous' requests down to a minimum. No clowns or out-of-place things (like Spongebob or silly things like that).

Laser colours are also able to be requested. Have a green schemed legion but want you and your legion to fire orange? Sure thing! We aim to bring as much customization to this series as possible! Keep in mind, this will likely take a long time!

Anyways, I'm out for now peeps, hope you enjoy the trailer! Sorry if it's a bit dark in places, I was testing out some new 'cinematic' plugins/effects in my editor. Cheers!

Promo by Icemember:
Hidden/Spoiler:
A few screens:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Ant
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer
Projects :: The Clone Wars Mod
Games I'm Playing :: Battlefront Series

Re: GT vs SWBF Custom

Post by Ant »

Very nice....hopefully this map will be released to all, not just limited to GT and SWBF Custom mods, etc etc.
RevanSithLord
Sith Master
Sith Master

Post by RevanSithLord »

Ant wrote:Very nice....hopefully this map will be released to all, not just limited to GT and SWBF Custom mods, etc etc.
Of course! I don't want to be mean and not 'share'. Everyone's allowed to play. Share the link so long as proper credit is given. Reviews also welcome. Will update when map has been released and will link to map release in the released section.

We see other sites as sort of mercenaries of sorts, so maybe we'll have people from all over featured at one point as well, side stories perhaps?
Ant
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer
Projects :: The Clone Wars Mod
Games I'm Playing :: Battlefront Series

Post by Ant »

RevanSithLord wrote:
Ant wrote:Very nice....hopefully this map will be released to all, not just limited to GT and SWBF Custom mods, etc etc.
Of course! I don't want to be mean and not 'share'. Everyone's allowed to play. Share the link so long as proper credit is given. Reviews also welcome. Will update when map has been released and will link to map release in the released section.

We see other sites as sort of mercenaries of sorts, so maybe we'll have people from all over featured at one point as well, side stories perhaps?
AWESOME! I love the guys...they look boss, who made them?and well mabey http://starwarsforums.forumotion.com/ for a side story? perhaps? hmmm...:)
PS: The avatar, like the red clone..he looks boss, looking forward to seeing him in action!
RevanSithLord
Sith Master
Sith Master

Post by RevanSithLord »

Ant wrote:
RevanSithLord wrote:

AWESOME! I love the guys...they look boss, who made them?and well mabey http://starwarsforums.forumotion.com/ for a side story? perhaps? hmmm...:)
PS: The avatar, like the red clone..he looks boss, looking forward to seeing him in action!
Sure, we can make them a side-story.

Icemember made all those units. Icemember sure knows quality.

Also, my avatar, that guy's for Designated Days, so he'll be in action sooner or later. For my 'custom' Clone for this GT vs SWBF Custom story, he'll be in really soon. These are really big projects for me, Icemember, and everyone involved in these teams.
Noobasaurus
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

Post by Noobasaurus »

Where's the local team of trolls? :P

Anyway, it doesn't look too bad so far. :thumbs:
RevanSithLord
Sith Master
Sith Master

Post by RevanSithLord »

Noobasaurus wrote:Where's the local team of trolls? :P

Anyway, it doesn't look too bad so far. :thumbs:
Trolls are the equivalent to Zombies. We'll have to fight them off in swarms. :P
Marth8880
Resistance Leader
Projects :: DI2 + Psychosis
Games I'm Playing :: Silent Hill 2
xbox live or psn: Marth8880

Post by Marth8880 »

SWGO.
DarthSolous
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2 Halo Minecraft
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by DarthSolous »

Is it limited to people who've made mods? If not I'd like to be in it, my team would obviously be Sith.
Hidden/Spoiler:
I should be able to start modding in the next few weeks when I get my new pc :mrgreen:
THEWULFMAN
Space Ranger
Projects :: Evolved 2

Post by THEWULFMAN »

Marth8880 wrote:
SWGO.
We need a local team of Wampas all named Nargotah and they all shout profanity.

If we want to keep it accurate anyway.

:funny2:
RevanSithLord
Sith Master
Sith Master

Post by RevanSithLord »

THEWULFMAN wrote:
Marth8880 wrote:
SWGO.
We need a local team of Wampas all named Nargotah and they all shout profanity.

If we want to keep it accurate anyway.

:funny2:
LMAO. :lol: Yeah, that should totally be in a super uber bonus wave mode thing.

Also @ DathSolous: Nah, it's not limited in really any manner except that we are trying to make it a little bit serious on the undertones regarding the 'conflict'. Anyone can be in it. If you're gonna be Sith we're gonna have to make balanced opposing team of either Sith or Jedi, which is fine by me. Epic melee battle anyone? Who would you want to be representing? SWBFC or GT? Or you can choose to be in a third party that's against both or is assisting one or the other in the overall war?
Zapattack1234
Rebel Colonel
Rebel Colonel
Projects :: The Wrecked Graveyard_Amongst the Ruins
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF 1 and 2
xbox live or psn: xbla:Rehmfire49

Post by Zapattack1234 »

Just arm the SWGO side with tons of detpacks and mines and you'll have there team perfect ;) . I like this idea though, it's very unique.

EDIT: ha I got a cool idea, localize all of the random soldiers on the field and give them names from this forum and SWGO (if u need help with SWGO players, I can help u with that considering I spend a lot of my free time playing battlefront online :funny2: )
Cleb
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Projects :: Learning how to use 3DS Max
Games I'm Playing :: BF2 CIV4 MC
xbox live or psn: ˙. ˙. ˙. ˙. ˙. ˙

Post by Cleb »

Zapattack1234 wrote:Just arm the SWGO side with tons of detpacks and mines and you'll have there team perfect ;)
Don't forget shotguns. Super-long ranged shotguns. :lol:
Marth8880
Resistance Leader
Projects :: DI2 + Psychosis
Games I'm Playing :: Silent Hill 2
xbox live or psn: Marth8880

Post by Marth8880 »

Cleb wrote:Don't forget shotguns. Super-long ranged shotguns. :lol:
Contrary to popular belief, shotguns in real life actually are pretty long-ranged.
Zapattack1234
Rebel Colonel
Rebel Colonel
Projects :: The Wrecked Graveyard_Amongst the Ruins
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF 1 and 2
xbox live or psn: xbla:Rehmfire49

Post by Zapattack1234 »

Marth8880 wrote:
Contrary to popular belief, shotguns in real life actually are pretty long-ranged.

True, but in video games they can become very annoying
Nedarb7
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Post by Nedarb7 »

Marth8880 wrote:
Sure but not super-long ranged as Cleb suggested. :lol:
DarthSolous
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2 Halo Minecraft
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by DarthSolous »

RevanSithLord wrote:@ DathSolous: Nah, it's not limited in really any manner except that we are trying to make it a little bit serious on the undertones regarding the 'conflict'. Anyone can be in it. If you're gonna be Sith we're gonna have to make balanced opposing team of either Sith or Jedi, which is fine by me. Epic melee battle anyone? Who would you want to be representing? SWBFC or GT? Or you can choose to be in a third party that's against both or is assisting one or the other in the overall war?
GT. Just make sure my team doesn't have saber throw, or they'll be OP. :P
RevanSithLord
Sith Master
Sith Master

Post by RevanSithLord »

Saber throw is cowardly anyways imo. You wanna fight someone, melee or hand-to-hand is the way to do it with honour!

Force jump might also be limited to one 'jump' instead of 3-4.

Massive melee battle! Also a rave party too. xD
kinetosimpetus
Imperial Systems Expert
Imperial Systems Expert
Projects :: A secret project
Games I'm Playing :: Warframe STO

Post by kinetosimpetus »

DarthSolous wrote: GT. Just make sure my team doesn't have saber throw, or they'll be OP. :P
Unless saber throw is modded to reduce the frequency at which it can be used.
RevanSithLord
Sith Master
Sith Master

Post by RevanSithLord »

kinetosimpetus wrote:
DarthSolous wrote: GT. Just make sure my team doesn't have saber throw, or they'll be OP. :P
Unless saber throw is modded to reduce the frequency at which it can be used.
You do speak the truth.