Zombie Infection Game Mode [Updated]

Working on a new map? Have a new mod out for swbf2?! Post an announcement of the up-coming release here.

Moderator: Moderators

THEWULFMAN
Space Ranger
Projects :: Evolved 2

Re: Zombie Infection Game Mode [Updated]

Post by THEWULFMAN »

Huh. Interesting. Alright.
KeepAmazinn
First Lance Corporal
First Lance Corporal
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Skyrim
xbox live or psn: Keep Amazinn

Post by KeepAmazinn »

So far this an amazing mod! Keep up the good work! My only suggestions are the infected are all the same except for different skins. If certain zombies had different abilities then it would add more strategic elements to the zombie side as well as the humans. And 160 bots on Tantive IV is pretty chaotic once the zombie count passes 5 the game is basically over. There is no where to run in that map from 160 zombies :cry:

Great Mod and cant wait for it to be released on more maps! Also great zombie skins best Ive seen of all zombie mods!
TWINKEYRUNAWAY
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Projects :: Empire Rising
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF Doom FONV
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by TWINKEYRUNAWAY »

KeepAmazinn wrote:So far this an amazing mod! Keep up the good work! My only suggestions are the infected are all the same except for different skins. If certain zombies had different abilities then it would add more strategic elements to the zombie side as well as the humans. And 160 bots on Tantive IV is pretty chaotic once the zombie count passes 5 the game is basically over. There is no where to run in that map from 160 zombies :cry:

Great Mod and cant wait for it to be released on more maps! Also great zombie skins best Ive seen of all zombie mods!
Thank you, im glad people like the skins.
Fiodis
Master of the Force
Master of the Force
Projects :: Rannoch + Tientia + Tools Programming

Post by Fiodis »

What happens if the first zombie is killed before anyone else is infected?
razac920
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2

Post by razac920 »

KeepAmazinn wrote:So far this an amazing mod! Keep up the good work! My only suggestions are the infected are all the same except for different skins. If certain zombies had different abilities then it would add more strategic elements to the zombie side as well as the humans. And 160 bots on Tantive IV is pretty chaotic once the zombie count passes 5 the game is basically over. There is no where to run in that map from 160 zombies :cry:

Yep, the zombie skins look great -- thank TWINKEYRUNAWAY for that! :) And yeah I am going to add some abilities to the zombies to make them more varied and distinct. Lol yeah, 160 is very crazy, but you can always play with fewer... I sometimes play with just 50-80 or so, makes the game more winnable, interestingly, to have fewer allies :P
Fiodis wrote:What happens if the first zombie is killed before anyone else is infected?
Nothing, the first zombie (and everyone on the zombie team) can respawn an unlimited amount of times.
AQT
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by AQT »

I suggest removing the shininess from both the Imperial Officer and Dark Trooper (because shiny zombies don't look right :P ). Also, the Imperial Officer's face could look a bit more nasty and dead. Great skins, TWINKEY, and good work on the mode, razac!
Zapattack1234
Rebel Colonel
Rebel Colonel
Projects :: The Wrecked Graveyard_Amongst the Ruins
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF 1 and 2
xbox live or psn: xbla:Rehmfire49

Post by Zapattack1234 »

After trying your mod out I can tell you that this is truly spectacular. The small environments of tantive really fit this mode well and every time I found myself unable to defend against the 80 bots that continued to stalk me. The only glitch I found while playing was that one time I spawned outside the map. This can be easily fixed though. otherwise really good job on this one man, can't wait for the full release. :thumbs:
razac920
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Post by razac920 »

AQT wrote:I suggest removing the shininess from both the Imperial Officer and Dark Trooper (because shiny zombies don't look right :P ). Also, the Imperial Officer's face could look a bit more nasty and dead. Great skins, TWINKEY, and good work on the mode, razac!
Sure, I wouldn't mind trying that out and seeing how it looks
Zapattack1234 wrote:After trying your mod out I can tell you that this is truly spectacular. The small environments of tantive really fit this mode well and every time I found myself unable to defend against the 80 bots that continued to stalk me. The only glitch I found while playing was that one time I spawned outside the map. This can be easily fixed though. otherwise really good job on this one man, can't wait for the full release. :thumbs:
Thank you! I do think the Tantive IV map is very well suited for close-quarters zombie combat, but I'm looking to add more maps as well! Just one thing: did you know that you could adjust the zombie infection settings by using the conquest settings? Since you said there were 80 bots, which is the default (5*16), but you could add more or less, based on your preference. The conquest timer also sets how long you have to survive for, to give a tiny *chance* of winning as a human. As for the spawn location bug, huh, I thought I had fixed all of those, but I'll look through them again and try to find it.
KeepAmazinn
First Lance Corporal
First Lance Corporal

Post by KeepAmazinn »

Also another suggestion possibly add zombie style music? Example being like the call of duty zombie easter egg music?
Locutus
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Projects :: Stargate Battlefront Pegasus

Post by Locutus »

Finally I found some time to do another multiplayer test. I have good news and bad news.

Good news first: The map still works in MP without any crashes. We played without AI and the player to be infected was randomly chosen. This being said, the timer of 10 seconds was a little short resulting in not everyone being spawned when the timer elapsed. You might want to increase it to 15.

The bad news: Becoming infected only works properly for the host. For the clients the display turned all black and they can't do anything but respawn manually. Only then they could play as zombie. If it is somehow possible it would be nice if you could display the time until a zombie will respawn because it looks somewhat buggy if you click on respawn and nothing happens for a time.

Personal note: Right now I don't see an advantage in having different zombie classes as they are all the same. Only the engineer has the advantage that he is immune to mines so your best choice is always spawning as engie zombie. So once again I'd personally go with two or maybe even three classes: The slow tank with a lots of energy, a fast but weak sprinter type and maybe somekind of stealth zombie which has medium energy, medium speed, is immune to mines and only shows up on radar when being right next to you.

EDIT
Hey razac,
haven't heard from you for a while.
(You didn't answer my latest post :<)
Tell me you're still working on this :D
razac920
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Post by razac920 »

Hey sorry I haven't really had time to work on this lately, I've just been very busy with the start of classes... I'm not abandoning this, I just really haven't had a chance to breathe yet... I'm not sure what I can do about all bugs -- auto-assign really won't work well, but player select seems to, did you try it like that? And it's odd that the infection mechanism didn't work for clients, because it generally did (for another tester), but with a bug that sometimes the infected person had to die twice... And I know all the classes are pretty much the same, but I am differentiating them a lot more in terms of speed, strength, combos, etc.
TWINKEYRUNAWAY
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Projects :: Empire Rising
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF Doom FONV
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by TWINKEYRUNAWAY »

razac920 wrote:Hey sorry I haven't really had time to work on this lately, I've just been very busy with the start of classes... I'm not abandoning this, I just really haven't had a chance to breathe yet... I'm not sure what I can do about all bugs -- auto-assign really won't work well, but player select seems to, did you try it like that? And it's odd that the infection mechanism didn't work for clients, because it generally did (for another tester), but with a bug that sometimes the infected person had to die twice... And I know all the classes are pretty much the same, but I am differentiating them a lot more in terms of speed, strength, combos, etc.
^ exact same situation man(college/school), im sorry for not getting back to you either. Zombie commander has been updated thanks to AQT's suggestion. ill hook you up with it on saturday.
KeepAmazinn
First Lance Corporal
First Lance Corporal

Post by KeepAmazinn »

I know this topic is over a month old but Is this mod still alive? I recently played the beta that was sent out and I was hoping this mod was in the works!?
Marth8880
Resistance Leader
Projects :: DI2 + Psychosis
Games I'm Playing :: Silent Hill 2
xbox live or psn: Marth8880

Post by Marth8880 »

You'd probably be better off PMing the mod's author rather than bumping the thread. ;)