Zombie Infection Game Mode [Updated]

Working on a new map? Have a new mod out for swbf2?! Post an announcement of the up-coming release here.

Moderator: Moderators

ARCTroopaNate
Jedi
Jedi
Projects :: Star Wars Battlefront - Tides of War
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2 RC EAW
xbox live or psn: I have ps4

Re: Zombie Infection Mode

Post by ARCTroopaNate »

I was talking about the imperials when I made my comment. :wink:
razac920
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2

Post by razac920 »

Locutus wrote: Maybe sth. like this?
When in infect=OnObjectKill() create a variable based on the killed players characterindex and set it to "infected".
Then use OnCharacterSpawn() and check if the player is infected and if his unit is in team 1. If yes, kill him.
Sure, that would work, but in multiplayer there could be multiple human players (and maybe bots have the same issue, idk), so you'd really need to make an array of ALL players' infection status, and update when players join, die, leave, etc. It's definitely something I'll fix up.
ARCTroopaNate wrote:I was talking about the imperials when I made my comment. :wink:
Oh okay, I didn't know. Sure that would be possible to have Stormtrooper variants, it just depends on what I end up doing with the zombie team.
CommanderCody
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: swbf2 skyrim
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by CommanderCody »

Really nice mod so far! :thumbs:

I have a idea to make more zombies and more varity, maybe you can make the survivors Imps and Rebs so they have to team up against the infected.
When you have stormtroopers and rebels in one team, you could make some rebel undeads too (wookie-zombie tankers :runaway: )
Just suggestions :D
To prevent the jump combo you can lower the jump hight.

Can I test the beta too? and keep it up :wink:
kinetosimpetus
Imperial Systems Expert
Imperial Systems Expert
Projects :: A secret project
Games I'm Playing :: Warframe STO

Post by kinetosimpetus »

or he could just delete the jump attack state and transitions from the .combo
Noobasaurus
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

Post by Noobasaurus »

The zombies can't even jump as of the version I have. Their deadliest move is the third part of their combo where they lunge forward.
Zapattack1234
Rebel Colonel
Rebel Colonel
Projects :: The Wrecked Graveyard_Amongst the Ruins
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF 1 and 2
xbox live or psn: xbla:Rehmfire49

Post by Zapattack1234 »

Is there going to be more then one type of zombie? Personally I think a different zombie class could be a more weaker zombie that could run slightly faster then average.
razac920
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Post by razac920 »

Hey sorry for the delay, it's been a busy week for me.

So basically I've been fleshing out this idea, and this is what I've come up with:

Infection Mode:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Humans:
1. Stormtrooper
2. Shock Trooper
3. Scout Trooper
4. Imperial Engineer
5. Imperial Officer (no points to unlock)
6. Dark Trooper (no points to unlock)

Zombies:
1. Infected Stormtrooper
2. Infected Shock Trooper (slower and tougher)
3. Infected Scout Trooper (faster and weaker)
4. Infected Imperial Engineer (immune to mines)
5. Infected Imperial Officer (has scanning and transmit, no points to unlock)
6. Infected Dark Trooper (weaker and has jetpack, no points to unlock)

Goals:
- Humans try to stay alive until time runs out
- Zombies try to kill and infect all the humans

Rules:
- Initially all players begin on Humans team
- (Singleplayer) Player can choose to be the first Zombie, or can let a bot be the first Zombie
- (Multiplayer) Someone (either bot or human) is randomly selected as the first Zombie
- The game timer begins and the first zombie will spawn 10 seconds after the first human player spawns (except in singleplayer when human chooses to be zombie)
- Players may not change teams, except when a zombie kills a human, the human turns into a Zombie on the spot
- The match ends when time runs out (human victory) or when all humans are dead or infected (zombie victory)
- Players who choose not to spawn are considered "dead" for zombie victory calculations

Features:
- When a player is infected, a chat message appears saying "XXX was infected!"
- There are no command posts to capture
- All players (both human and zombie) spawn randomly anywhere in the map
Survival Mode:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Humans (Team 1):
1. Viktor (Beretta M9 Pistol)
2. Viktor (H&K MP5 Submachine Gun, Beretta M9 Pistol, M67 Fragmentation Grenade) (Urban Rebel Soldier model) - 100 points to unlock
3. Viktor (M16A2 Rifle, Beretta M9 Pistol, M67 Fragmentation Grenade, Medpac) (Urban Rebel Soldier model) - 250 points to unlock
4. Viktor (P90, Beretta M9 Pistol, M67 Fragmentation Grenade, Medpac, Defibrillator) (Urban Rebel Soldier model) - 500 points to unlock
5. Viktor (P90, Scimitar, M67 Fragmentation Grenade, Medpac, Defibrillator) (Urban Rebel Soldier model) - 750 points to unlock
6. Owen (Beretta M9 Pistol) (Lando Calrissian model)
7. Owen (M4 Carbine, Beretta M9 Pistol, M67 Fragmentation Grenade) (Lando Calrissian model) - 100 points to unlock
8. Owen (XM8 Assault Rifle, Beretta M9 Pistol, M67 Fragmentation Grenade, Medpac) (Lando Calrissian model) - 250 points to unlock
9. Owen (Remington 1100 Shotgun, Beretta M9 Pistol, M67 Fragmentation Grenade, Medpac, Defibrillator) (Lando Calrissian model) - 500 points to unlock
10. Owen (Remington 1100 Shotgun, Scimitar, M67 Fragmentation Grenade, Medpac, Defibrillator) (Lando Calrissian model) - 750 points to unlock

More Humans (Team 2):
1. Kiva (Beretta M9 Pistol) (Bera Kazan model)
2. Kiva (M40 Sniper Rifle, Beretta M9 Pistol, M67 Fragmentation Grenade) (Bera Kazan model) - 100 points to unlock
3. Kiva (XF223 Sniper Rifle, Beretta M9 Pistol, M67 Fragmentation Grenade, Medpac) (Bera Kazan model) - 250 points to unlock
4. Kiva (Dragunov SVD Sniper Rifle, Beretta M9 Pistol, M67 Fragmentation Grenade, Medpac, Defibrillator) (Bera Kazan model) - 500 points to unlock
5. Kiva (Dragunov SVD Sniper Rifle, Scimitar, M67 Fragmentation Grenade, Medpac, Defibrillator) (Bera Kazan model) - 750 points to unlock
6. Bruno (Beretta M9 Pistol) (Canderous Ordo model)
7. Bruno (MAC-10 Machine Pistol, Beretta M9 Pistol, M67 Fragmentation Grenade) (Canderous Ordo model) - 100 points to unlock
8. Bruno (AK-47 Assault Rifle, Beretta M9 Pistol, M67 Fragmentation Grenade, Medpac) (Canderous Ordo model) - 250 points to unlock
9. Bruno (M134 Minigun (Z-6 Rotary Blaster Cannon), Beretta M9 Pistol, M67 Fragmentation Grenade, Medpac, Defibrillator) (Canderous Ordo model) - 500 points to unlock
10. Bruno (M134 Minigun (Z-6 Rotary Blaster Cannon), Scimitar, M67 Fragmentation Grenade, Medpac, Defibrillator) (Canderous Ordo model) - 750 points to unlock

Zombies (Team 3):
1. Zombie (slow, weak, melee) (Human model)
2. Sprinter (fast, weak, melee) (Human model) - appears after 2 min
3. Spitter (medium speed, medium, spits acid) (Gungan model) - appears after 3 min
4. Brute (slow, strong, melee, pushes) (Wampa model) - appears after 4 min
5. Gasser (slow, weak, emits toxic gas which also heals zombies) (Gamorrean model) - appears after 5 min
6. Choker (slow, strong, chokes) (Wookiee model) - appears after 6 min
7. Smoker (medium speed, medium, emits smokescreen) (Geonosian model) - appears after 7 min
8. Tugger (fast, weak, can pull) (Ewok model) - appears after 8 min
9. Witch (fast, strong, melee) (Jawa model) - appears after 9 min
10. Troll (medium speed, very strong, melee, pushes) (Rancor model) - appears after 10 min

Goals:
- Humans try to stay alive as long as possible
- Zombies try to kill all humans

Rules:
- Up to 4 humans can play
- Each player selects one of the base classes (bots if less than 4 human players)
- Players unlock better weapons and equipment with their kill counts
- Players cannot switch from one base class to another
- The game timer begins once all human players have spawned
- Tougher zombies begin to spawn after certain amounts of time
- Humans cannot respawn on their own, but a defibrillator can bring them back to life
- The match ends when all humans are dead

Features:
- There is a central uncapturable command post in which players can upgrade weapons and get ammo
- Humans spawn at the central command post, zombies can spawn anywhere in the map
The beta I have is pretty much a simplified version of the Infection mode, with one skin for the human team, and only one zombie class. The infection mechanics do work correctly, though.

What do you guys think?
kitfisto15678
Rebel Sergeant
Rebel Sergeant
Games I'm Playing :: SWBFI SWBFII

Re: Zombie Gamemodes [Updated]

Post by kitfisto15678 »

I saw a video of the new gamemode and I think it's awesome! I look forward to the full release.
Noobasaurus
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

Post by Noobasaurus »

Those gamemodes look great! I don't really have much to say. However, I do really like the looks of Survival mode so far. The points to unlock the "better" versions of whoever you're playing look steep though. How many points do you get from each kill?
razac920
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Post by razac920 »

Well I was sorta thinking one point per kill makes the most sense, since most zombies would be weak and easy to kill... but it's just a rough idea at the moment, once I'm actually testing it, I'll be better able to balance it.
KeepAmazinn
First Lance Corporal
First Lance Corporal
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Skyrim
xbox live or psn: Keep Amazinn

Post by KeepAmazinn »

If your still needing some testing I would love to help test out!
Zapattack1234
Rebel Colonel
Rebel Colonel

Post by Zapattack1234 »

Yeah same here ive been dyingg to try this out
Locutus
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Projects :: Stargate Battlefront Pegasus

Post by Locutus »

Hey razac!

Sorry for the late response, was away for a while.

So ... Infection Mode was really fun! Played it several time now, it has a lot of potential!
Also did a couple of multiplayer tests (three players).
It works quite well except for when people become infected that are not hosts. It looked like they were falling through the ground (like Noobasaurus said) and the screen turned all black.
Despite the fact that they could choose the team they also had trouble respawning as zombie. It worked a few times but mostly nothing happened when clicking on the spawn button.

At the moment, the time limit which can end the game was taken from the settings for Conquest mode. I'd like to see if the same goes for bots. We'd love to play this mode without bots and one of us spawning as zombie hunting the others.

As far as your plan goes with the infected zombie classes I'd personally rather stick to two. One tank like class like the one currently available and one faster but very, very weak class. Maybe one of them with immunity to mines or an ability to remove them. In this concept I'd also give the tank class a sprint ability. It doesn't need to be much faster than the normal movement, maybe like 1.01, but I feel like something should happen when I press the sprint button.
If you plan to support more maps you might also want to lock the jet classes on them. (I just can't imagine jet packed zombies^^)

Once again I'd like to mention that this mode was really fun. It was much more thrilling than the usual CTF matches we play for sure. Really, really good job on this, keep it up!

One thing I'd like to ask in the end: Do you plan on releasing the source code once you're done?
razac920
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Post by razac920 »

Hey it's fine, I've been busy too. I'm glad it was fun, and yeah it still has some bugs -- I'm working on a new system of infection, hopefully this one will be better. I should have a new beta out ready to be tested in a day or so... But yeah the black screen and bodies falling through the floor (technically just a teleport out of map) are problems that I HOPE I can fix.

Actually in the first beta, the time limit came from Hunt settings, and the # of bots was based on the Hunt point count (it did say so in the mode description, but I should have been more clear). In the next version though I've simplified it to just using Conquest settings for both bot count and the timer.

I have made some changes to the zombie team, but nothing is fixed for certain yet. I'll just let you see in the next version.
Incidentally, the Dark Trooper zombie jetpack doesn't work... something about having a melee weapon makes it have a jedi jump instead (not good), so I think yeah I'll just have to remove it.

When I'm done with this, yeah I think I'll release a heavily commented version of the script I used, as a sort of tutorial for more complex scripting. As for the zombie skins, those belong to TWINKEYRUNAWAY, so it depends on what he wants.

@KeepAmazinn and Zapattack1234, you both can test the next beta I make. I'll PM you both the link when it's ready.
Zapattack1234
Rebel Colonel
Rebel Colonel

Post by Zapattack1234 »

razac920 wrote:Hey it's fine, I've been busy too. I'm glad it was fun, and yeah it still has some bugs -- I'm working on a new system of infection, hopefully this one will be better. I should have a new beta out ready to be tested in a day or so... But yeah the black screen and bodies falling through the floor (technically just a teleport out of map) are problems that I HOPE I can fix.

Actually in the first beta, the time limit came from Hunt settings, and the # of bots was based on the Hunt point count (it did say so in the mode description, but I should have been more clear). In the next version though I've simplified it to just using Conquest settings for both bot count and the timer.

I have made some changes to the zombie team, but nothing is fixed for certain yet. I'll just let you see in the next version.
Incidentally, the Dark Trooper zombie jetpack doesn't work... something about having a melee weapon makes it have a jedi jump instead (not good), so I think yeah I'll just have to remove it.

When I'm done with this, yeah I think I'll release a heavily commented version of the script I used, as a sort of tutorial for more complex scripting. As for the zombie skins, those belong to TWINKEYRUNAWAY, so it depends on what he wants.

@KeepAmazinn and Zapattack1234, you both can test the next beta I make. I'll PM you both the link when it's ready.

Thank you :bowdown:
razac920
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Re: Zombie Infection Game Mode [Updated]

Post by razac920 »

So I just finished up the next version of the beta and sent the link to anyone interested. For now I am focusing on Zombie Infection game mode and not working on a Zombie Survival mode (yet). The new changes in this version are: changed the humans back to the stock team (i.e. not everyone looks like a Stormtrooper), added new zombie skins from TWINKEYRUNAWAY for all the Imperial units, set mode to use Conquest bot count (0-160 bots) and timer settings(0-60 min), changed the script to keep track of players better [in multiplayer, players on zombie team cannot switch back to human, etc.] and revised the infection mechanism (*should* fix multiplayer zombie spawn bug).

The next thing on my todo list is to get a working Zombie Darth Vader! (having issues with infecting hero units)

Here's what the new zombie team looks like (excluding Zombie Darth Vader):
Hidden/Spoiler:
If anyone else would be interesting in testing this mode out, let me know.
Fiodis
Master of the Force
Master of the Force
Projects :: Rannoch + Tientia + Tools Programming

Post by Fiodis »

The engineer's red collar looks a bit odd, and I thought Dark Troopers were droids, so how could they get infected? :?

Other than that, looks good. :thumbs:
razac920
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Post by razac920 »

Personally, I like the engineer's bloody red collar. It makes an otherwise rather ordinary and faceless unit seem... idk, more scary, savage, etc.?

Also, apparently the "first" dark troopers were not droids, but cyborgs: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Phase_Zero_dark_trooper
THEWULFMAN
Space Ranger
Projects :: Evolved 2

Post by THEWULFMAN »

I'm usually not a fan of zombie mods, most aren't that good, but this looks like it has potential. What is the Rebel side like?
razac920
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Post by razac920 »

Well at least for now, there aren't any Rebels at all. It's just a big team of stock Imperials facing against (at first) a single zombie Imperial, who has to turn them into zombies.