Kashyyyk: Depot

Working on a new map? Have a new mod out for swbf2?! Post an announcement of the up-coming release here.

Moderator: Moderators

kitfisto15678
Rebel Sergeant
Rebel Sergeant
Games I'm Playing :: SWBFI SWBFII

Re: Kashyyyk: Depot

Post by kitfisto15678 »

TWINKEYRUNAWAY wrote:Amazing job as always. It's really too bad pandemic is no more, they really could have used a talent like you(a lot of the modders here as well) back in the day.
Yea for example I think Dark TImes 2 is a more fun than vanilla SWBFII. Along with a bunch of other wonderful mod maps. This really looks like nothing I have seen in a Star Wars game. (Better than RC in my opinion)
TKE
Recruit Womprat Killer
Projects :: Saleucami Calder City
Games I'm Playing :: Battlefront 2
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by TKE »

And another thing, if you could get iron sights inside the game that would just be so amazingly awesome !
AQT
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by AQT »

AcaelusThorne wrote:Very nice work on that texture (and model). I like it even more then the old ones, because you didn't make the grey parts so bright. :)
Thanks. All I did was use DarthD.U.C.K.'s original Sev model and his plain white commando texture and added the blue design.
Only nitpick I have is that the "polarized macrobinoculars" (no, did not look that one up at all :D) should have a blue or black line in the middle. I could not find any reference pics and I didn't want to reinstall RC (without the mods which I have on it now) to look it up, but I am quite shure there was a line in some colour there in the game.
I'll see what I can do about that. Thanks for the suggestion.
TKE wrote:I seriously have played Diet Dr. Pepper near all your mods and mapsI sinply love them!! If you need help with voice overs I can definitely help! Im like a pro in audacity and id love to beta test as well if thats okay with yoy!
Sure, you may beta test. And I'll make a note of your offer. :) Also, I don't plan on adding iron sights.
KeepAmazinn wrote:Is it to late to sign up to beta test?
It's actually still too early, but you're signed up now.
Anakin
Master of the Force
Master of the Force
Projects :: RC Side Mod - Remastered - SWBF3 Legacy

Post by Anakin »

WOW. I have been offline for a really long time. Because of lost interesst, other games, real life,....

But it's really awesome to see that nothing changed.

There are still Modders active where you can say "No matter what project you are working on, this will be a great Mod/Map."

And you are one of these modders ;)
AQT
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by AQT »

Update: I've been slowly working on this map over the past few weeks now, so the project isn't dead yet.

Here are a couple of screenshots from one of the first major objectives you'll encounter in the campaign:
Hidden/Spoiler:
The location/objective shown will be the basis for one of the wave modes I plan on adding, which will probably feature Delta Squad.
Anakin
Master of the Force
Master of the Force

Post by Anakin »

That looks really great (i really love this HUD). What RC model do you use for this map??
CressAlbane
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter
Projects :: CTF Arenas
Games I'm Playing :: Steam- cressalbane2

Post by CressAlbane »

Exciting! When I see a turret, I turr it up!
Kingpin
Jedi
Jedi
Projects :: The Sith Wars II

Post by Kingpin »

Excuse my french, but Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn. Those models are giving me the biggest boner. Did you re-texture the standard Kashyyyk tree?
AQT
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by AQT »

Just posting to let everyone know that I'm still working on this map. Now that winter break has started for me, I can resume working like crazy again. @Beta testers: You guys can expect an "alpha" version by Monday of next week at the latest. The alpha will just feature the campaign mode, but it will be as polished as it could possibly be.
Anakin wrote:That looks really great (i really love this HUD). What RC model do you use for this map??
Like I mentioned a couple posts back, I'm using the models DarthD.U.C.K. made, the same ones used for Prosecutor.
Kingpin wrote:Excuse my french, but Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn. Those models are giving me the biggest boner. Did you re-texture the standard Kashyyyk tree?
Thanks! Don't be like this guy, though! And nope, the texture hasn't been altered, but it does use a bump map. :)
KeepAmazinn
First Lance Corporal
First Lance Corporal
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Skyrim
xbox live or psn: Keep Amazinn

Post by KeepAmazinn »

AQT wrote:Just posting to let everyone know that I'm still working on this map. Now that winter break has started for me, I can resume working like crazy again. @Beta testers: You guys can expect an "alpha" version by Monday of next week at the latest. The alpha will just feature the campaign mode, but it will be as polished as it could possibly be.
Anakin wrote:That looks really great (i really love this HUD). What RC model do you use for this map??
Like I mentioned a couple posts back, I'm using the models DarthD.U.C.K. made, the same ones used for Prosecutor.
Kingpin wrote:Excuse my french, but Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn. Those models are giving me the biggest boner. Did you re-texture the standard Kashyyyk tree?
Thanks! Don't be like this guy, though! And nope, the texture hasn't been altered, but it does use a bump map. :)

Is it still possible to help beta test the map?
Anakin
Master of the Force
Master of the Force

Post by Anakin »

AQT wrote:Just posting to let everyone know that I'm still working on this map. Now that winter break has started for me, I can resume working like crazy again. @Beta testers: You guys can expect an "alpha" version by Monday of next week at the latest. The alpha will just feature the campaign mode, but it will be as polished as it could possibly be.
-.- that's great for your map. But for me it means i couldn't get it.

keep up. this seams to become an awesome map
MandeRek
Sith Master
Sith Master
Projects :: Battlefront Zer0
Games I'm Playing :: SWTOR

Post by MandeRek »

Wow AQT, how're you my friend?! It's been... years (?) since I looked through the gametoast forums, and now when I do, I see this awesome looking map!!

To be honest fair; you motivate me to do some moddeling. However, you probably don't need a retired gray Modeller like me... But if you're in need of something (I was already thinking of doing a new Wookiee model) specific, just send me a pm man ;)

Great to see people from the old days still put work in this game :thumbs:
AQT
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by AQT »

Welcome back, MandeRek! I replied to your PM. :) I don't believe I'm in need of any new models, but if I do, I'll be sure to ask you. Thanks for the offer, and thanks again for the compliment!
KeepAmazinn wrote:Is it still possible to help beta test the map?
You were already on my beta tester list. :wink:

So to recap, all of the beta testers are:
  • Dreadnot
  • kitfisto
  • Kingpin
  • TKE
  • KeepAmazinn
The alpha version will be sent out in just a few minutes, so expect a PM very soon, guys. :D
JimmyAngler
High General
High General
Projects :: Battlefront Halation
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF 1-2-2015
xbox live or psn: none

Post by JimmyAngler »

Last minute beta tester request for me please :wink:
Just In case you don't have enough or if someone else doesn't know how to take screens.
AQT
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by AQT »

Sure thing, Jimmy. Alright, the alpha has just been sent out to all the testers. Now to work on the other game modes...
bobfinkl
Rebel Colonel
Rebel Colonel
Projects :: Lots of unreleased stuff
Games I'm Playing :: Life

Post by bobfinkl »

Wow excellent job AQT! Expect nothing less from you!

Question, how difficult was the retexture of the bespin and other non-kashyyyk models? And did you add bumpmaps to all of them?
Cerfon Rournes
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter
Projects :: WIP. I will reveal what it is later on..
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2-SWRC

Post by Cerfon Rournes »

Well done AQT! This map has a lot of potential for multi-player and campaign! Can't wait for some Delta Squad action as well. :D
AQT
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by AQT »

bobfinkl wrote:Wow excellent job AQT! Expect nothing less from you!

Question, how difficult was the retexture of the bespin and other non-kashyyyk models? And did you add bumpmaps to all of them?
Thanks! The major stock models used were only from Bespin and Mygeeto. The Mygeeto platforms/walkways were very easy to retexture; all I did was slapped a stock Kashyyyk texure on them, and end result turned out surprisingly nice. The Bespin buildings, on the other hand, gave me the most trouble, and were the main reason why I stopped pursuing this project for a couple of years. The interior parts were alright, but the exterior just looked like a big brown mess. That is until I decided to just keep the original pattern from the stock Bespin textures and make them look Kashyyykian. And yep, nearly every texture uses a bump map.
Cerfon Rournes wrote:Well done AQT! This map has a lot of potential for multi-player and campaign! Can't wait for some Delta Squad action as well. :D
Thanks, and welcome back as well!

I'm currently implementing the feedback and suggestions reported by the beta testers so far. I'll have new screenshots once I get a significant amount of work done on the other modes and GCW era.
Kingpin
Jedi
Jedi
Projects :: The Sith Wars II

Post by Kingpin »

Do you know if this will be DTII compatible? Also, I would love to see it work with Dakota's Red vs Blue and Battlefront Extreme. Both of those mods were awesome but lacked new maps and environment.
AQT
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by AQT »

So I haven't been working on implementing the other modes I said I would these past few weeks due to a lack of interest, and I don't plan to do so any time soon. My ultimate goal for this project was to create the map itself with the campaign story as its main focus, which I think I've already accomplished.

Because of these reasons, I will be releasing a public "beta" some time this week (once I figure out how to disable the fake console!). It will only feature the campaign mode that was updated after I received and implemented feedback and suggestions from my alpha testers. (Thanks again, guys! :D )

For now, I leave you with this RC-style load screen:
Hidden/Spoiler: