Coruscant: Council Chamber

Working on a new map? Have a new mod out for swbf2?! Post an announcement of the up-coming release here.

Moderator: Moderators

Ant
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer
Projects :: The Clone Wars Mod
Games I'm Playing :: Battlefront Series

Coruscant: Council Chamber

Post by Ant »

Droids and gentlemen, may I present to you...Coruscant: Council Chamber
This map, like the title suggests, is a indoor Coruscant based map. With 3 different games mode, the objects are to either hold off and eliminate the enemy attackers, or capture the Council Chamber.

_________________________________________________________________________________

THE MAP:
Council Chamber: The spawn for the defending team, the council chamber is nearly identical to the stock.
Hidden/Spoiler:
The Battle Room: The center of the battle, a lone command post lays inbetween both sides. Alongside with it are broken pillars and bookcases.
Hidden/Spoiler:
The Walkway: Connecting the Attacker's platofrm to the The Battle Room, even behind the pillars you are not safe from the chaos.
Hidden/Spoiler:
The Platform (In Progress): The spawn for the attacking team, the platform is the only place outside of the map, also contains an old Republic gunship.
Hidden/Spoiler:
_________________________________________________________________________________

THE SIDES:
Galactic Civil War: Hero Assault: This mode is extremely basic, simply featuring the stock Hero/Villain sides seen on Mos Eisely.
Clone Wars: Conquest: This mode features the sides seen in my TCW Era Mod (http://www.gametoast.com/forums/viewtop ... 35&t=29233). To checkout the sides, checkout the link to the left.
Galactic Civil War: Conquest: This mode is the center of my map, being a New Jedi Order era based map, containing the Yuuzhan Vong against the Galactic Alliance.

Yuuzhan Vong Sides:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Yuuzhan Vong Warrior: Armed with a blaster rifle (model/texture subjected to change), this unit takes up majority of the Yuuzhan Vong units.

Yuuzhan Vong Warrior: Superior to the first, this Vong is armed with a deadly sword inflicting pain on others. It is unlockable at 4 points.

Yuuzang Vong Priest: Summoning the gods in battle, this priest can activate poisons from the sky, temporally decreasing enemy units health. It is unlockable at 16 points.

Yuuzhan Vong Supreme Overlord: The leader of the invasion force, this unit is the most powerdful of all, able to wield a deadly Scepter of Power and activate huge Force Repulsives. This unit is unlockable at 32 points.
Galactic Alliance Sides:
Hidden/Spoiler:
New Jedi Order Trooper (Texture subjected to change): Armed with a blaster rifle, these units are on the front lines protecting Coruscant from the invasion, taking up majority of the Alliance units.

New Jedi Order Vanguard (Texture subjected to change): Ready to blast through anything, these units are tough and sturdy; even in the time of a crisis.

Wookie Warrior: Even Wookies prepare to face the ongoing threat. They have a Bowcaster and improved health, but speed is limited. It is unlockable at 8 points.

Bothan Fighter: Holding a shotgun and some detpacks, these men will give up anything for their Alliance, including their lifes. It is unlockable at 6 points.

Jedi Knight: Slicing, dicing, and pushing, no mod is fun without this unit, especially being a huge asset to the stat board. It is unlockable at 12 points.

Luke Skywalker: The Grand Master of the Jedi Order and the most powerful Alliance Unit, Luke uses his Lightsaber Throw and Force Heal to lead his side to victory. It is unlockable at 24 points.

SCREENSHOTS:
Hidden/Spoiler:

BACKGROUND:
Hidden/Spoiler:
My dad bought me Battlefront the first day it came out when I was 5 (if you desire go ahead and do the math to figure my age), and I watched him play a lot, since I was to young too. As I got older I began to play on my own, and such continued to 2012. In 2012 I bought the game on PC and got some mods for it, which eventually led me to start making videos. Around a year later I tried to made my first mod: 66th Legion, and I apologize to Nedarb7 still for getting him into that, for that must have been some of the crappiest skins in history. However it did teach me the basics, and I went on to make an Era Mod that I am still proud of today. I just got a new computer then for Christmas, so Zero Editor works, so I just had to make my own map. With a ton of help from JimmyAngler (thank you so much dude, you really helped me out :yes: ) and others, I got it up and running, and here it is today. Thank you all for your support, I just recently hit 1 million views on YouTube, so also thank you to all the awesome map makers who made all these wonderful maps who let us continue playing our favorite game.

CURRENT CREDITS:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Coming soon...

© 0827ant™ Productions
® Some Rights Reserved
Last edited by Ant on Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JimmyAngler
High General
High General
Projects :: Battlefront Halation
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF 1-2-2015
xbox live or psn: none

Re: Coruscant: Council Chamber

Post by JimmyAngler »

very nice.
two things. The jedi knight needs some help with his legs.:
Hidden/Spoiler:
The new republic trooper needs a transparent facemask.

Love it! Would It be available for beta soon?
Ant
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by Ant »

JimmyAngler wrote:very nice.
two things. The jedi knight needs some help with his legs.:
Hidden/Spoiler:
The new republic trooper needs a transparent facemask.

Love it! Would It be available for beta soon?
All portrayals I have ever seen of the Galactic Alliance Trooper have solid facemasks...which is weird I guess :S
Hidden/Spoiler:
and the Jedi Knight image isn't showing up

And also yes, beta will be available soon to privately to selective members.
THEWULFMAN
Space Ranger
Projects :: Evolved 2

Post by THEWULFMAN »

Interesting to say the least. One thing, the first book in the NJO takes place ~22 years after RotJ, and Coruscant didn't fall till much later.

In other words, Luke shouldn't look like he's 24 anymore. He's in his 40's and 50's. Given the stress of his life, he has to be going grey by now. So even if not all of his hair is grey, some of it is.

And no, Jedi don't dye their hair.
Last edited by THEWULFMAN on Sat Jan 18, 2014 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Anakin
Master of the Force
Master of the Force
Projects :: RC Side Mod - Remastered - SWBF3 Legacy

Post by Anakin »

I have ever waited for an coruscant indoor senat map.

you could add gloss to the visor, to make it look more like the refs.

The jediknight isn't complete. there is normaly a kama on it, to look like a complete robe. Maybe you forgot the clothODF.
willinator
Major
Major
Projects :: [Coming of the Sentinels]
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2 Minecraft Halo
xbox live or psn: PC pwns all!

Post by willinator »

Wow, that looks quite good Ant, well done! Now, I would suggest lifting up the entire map in ZE so that the sky objects cannot be seen under. Also, from the screenshots the map seems fairly linear, so I might suggest adding some side passages, just so there's 2 - 3 ways of getting in or out of each command post. Other than that, really nice job!
Ant
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by Ant »

New screenies featuring updated Luke Skywalker and Jedi Knight:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Raised up the map, and gave it new door entrances including new staircase.
Hidden/Spoiler:
And to THEWULFMAN: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Hair_dye
Anakin
Master of the Force
Master of the Force

Post by Anakin »

the Jedi now looks much better :D

can you give the doors the same color as the walls?? they look a bit as they don't among there. They look more like deathstar than coruscant ;)
Ant
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by Ant »

Added a skyline:
THEWULFMAN
Space Ranger
Projects :: Evolved 2

Post by THEWULFMAN »

Okay, I'll rephrase. Jedi don't use hair dye recreationally, they do it for infiltration purposes.

For a Jedi to dye their hair just to look younger, it goes against what the Jedi teach. Yoda would certainly be frustrated if he saw Luke dying his hair just to look younger.
AQT
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by AQT »

Really liking those Yuuzhan Vong units especially. Good work overall. :thumbs:
Ant wrote:
Hidden/Spoiler:
A reskin of the stock Naboo/Temple guard would probably work pretty well for the character on the far right if you plan on using a unit like it.

Also, have you considered adding a reflection region underneath this area? Just so the reflections of units would show up too.
Hidden/Spoiler:
TWINKEYRUNAWAY
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Projects :: Empire Rising
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF Doom FONV
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by TWINKEYRUNAWAY »

Ant wrote:
And to THEWULFMAN: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Hair_dye
He means it wouldn't make sense that luke skywalker would have the body/skin of a 20' something year old after all that time has passed betweeen EP 6 and this era. He would need something of a skin change on his hair(grey would work, or a silver white), and added details to his face to show age like wrinkles or heck, maybe even a sweet jedi beard. It would be in your best interest to make him look the part of an aged jedi master I would think. :D

Got to say man, for your first map its not half bad looking at all. I was pleasantly surprized to see how it looks, the assets your using seem to be placed reasonably good. Keep up the good work and continue to take a few of the suggestions given into consideration.
Anakin
Master of the Force
Master of the Force

Post by Anakin »

I added some parts from yoda even you don't see much of it. Also i changed the color of this hair and the skin.
It's not 100% but he looks older than the original (right)
No he is something about Anakin's age in ep3 and not 12
Hidden/Spoiler:

It would be awesome if you find someone how makes this for you:
Hidden/Spoiler:
CommanderCody
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: swbf2 skyrim

Post by CommanderCody »

Nice idea. The sides looks really good, like the map. :D
But like said before the Luke looks a little out of place, maybe you could give him a jedi robe texture? Overall good work and can I be one of the beta testers? :wink:
Nedarb7
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Post by Nedarb7 »

Looking good so far, Ant! I like the new era, great idea :)
Cerfon Rournes
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter
Projects :: WIP. I will reveal what it is later on..
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2-SWRC

Post by Cerfon Rournes »

Diggin' the concept. Great work!
DeltaEnforce
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2

Post by DeltaEnforce »

Can't wait to try out the map :) :)

~David <- No signatures please. -Staff
Ant
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by Ant »

UPDATES: 1/21/2014

Added a new sky. I finally understand why all the big modders hammr us newbies on the lightning, a simple sky change with some stars sparkling makes all the difference.
Hidden/Spoiler:
Now, I would suggest lifting up the entire map in ZE so that the sky objects cannot be seen under.
Did that :thumbs: Thanks for the tip. Looks a lot better now.
suggest adding some side passages, just so there's 2 - 3 ways of getting in or out of each command post.
I tried for two days now trying to find some ways to add extra passages, no luck unless I edit the actual models. However I did add an extra walkway separating the Marbled Walkway from the Meditation Room. Makes the map a lot less chaotic and more balanced/fun.
Hidden/Spoiler:
I am also getting this bug. The cape with the Jedi keeps on like stretching to the ground when ever it jumps and such. Looks awful :( Anyone know why?
Hidden/Spoiler:
Also, have you considered adding a reflection region underneath this area? Just so the reflections of units would show up too.
Sounds like an awesome idea; is there a tutorial for this?

PS: Anyone bored can help me out here: forums/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=12104&p=500356#p500356
KeepAmazinn
First Lance Corporal
First Lance Corporal
Games I'm Playing :: Skyrim
xbox live or psn: Keep Amazinn

Post by KeepAmazinn »

looks like a great map ant! if you need any help beta testing let me know!
Generalfacu
Rebel Sergeant
Rebel Sergeant
Games I'm Playing :: Battlefront II KOTOR

Post by Generalfacu »

LOOKS AWESOME ANT!! :thumbs:

Please do not type in all uppercase (CAPS LOCK) letters; it is against the RULES. -Staff