Prop Hunt

Working on a new map? Have a new mod out for swbf2?! Post an announcement of the up-coming release here.

Moderator: Moderators

Noobasaurus
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

Prop Hunt

Post by Noobasaurus »

How well do YOU know the layout of SWBF2 maps?

Features:
- Era mod for many stock maps
- Different playable props for each map
- One seeker class
- Cool scripting things
- Everyone is semi-fast
- Seekers have jetpacks and machine guns

What is prop hunt?
Prop hunt is a gamemode in which one team is seekers and one team is props. The props choose different objects to play as and they must go hide from the seekers. After one minute, the seekers will be able to spawn. The props' objective is to hide from the seekers for five minutes (starts when the first prop spawns). The seekers' objective is to find and kill all of the props before time runs out.

Does that mean it is for multiplayer only?
Technically, yes. It is still playable in singleplayer, but all you can do is run around as a prop for five minutes. Singleplayer is only good for finding hiding spots.

Featured Maps:
- Mos Eisley ✓
- Death Star ✓
- Coruscant ✓
- Jabba's Palace ✓
- Hoth ✓
- Kashyyyk ✓
- Mustafar
- Mygeeto
- Naboo
- Polis Massa
- Tantive IV
- Utapau

✓ represents a completed map

Now in open beta! Check out the archives here for all releases!

[hide]I need beta testers that can test this online! Don't request beta if you can't test online with multiple people!

Testers:
PRECISION
MileHighGuy
LRKfm946
MikeTheBeast55
Kingpin
TWINKEYRUNAWAY
theultimat[/hide]

Screenshots:
[hide]Try to find the hidden prop in each of the pictures! No props are in screenshots 5 and 6.
Image[/hide]
Last edited by Noobasaurus on Sat Apr 11, 2015 11:57 pm, edited 17 times in total.
Marth8880
Resistance Leader
Projects :: DI2 + Psychosis
Games I'm Playing :: Silent Hill 2
xbox live or psn: Marth8880

Re: Prop Hunt

Post by Marth8880 »

Oh! This is so cool! Reminds me of that one game mode in Counter-Strike: Source! Man that mode is fun, though I haven't played it in years. D: Very cool though!
PRECISION
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Projects :: Full Sail University
Games I'm Playing :: StarWars Battlefront
xbox live or psn: PREICISON733

Post by PRECISION »

Yes! I loved prop hunt from COD4. I would love to test it. Me and my friend play with each other quite a bit. This would be fun to beta test
MileHighGuy
Jedi
Jedi

Post by MileHighGuy »

Wow great idea man. I will test for you.
LRKfm946
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Projects :: Battlefront II Hunger Games
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2 BF3

Post by LRKfm946 »

I've wanted to do something like this in Battlefront ever since I found out about Gary's Mod :D This is awesome dude, I'd love to beta test this!
MikeTheBeast55
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Projects :: N.A.
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF1 SWBF2 LOTR
xbox live or psn: MikeTheeBeast55

Post by MikeTheBeast55 »

I would love to beta test this for two main reasons. One, because it would be an interesting experience to see what it is like to beta test a person's mod. Two, because I want to put my skills to the test online with other people. Screenies look really good, I am willing to beta test this.
Noobasaurus
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

Post by Noobasaurus »

Thanks for the positive feedback guys! I'll soon be sending out a beta to all of you who volunteered to help test. I've been waiting to post this for a while now and I'm excited to know what you guys think when you play it.
MileHighGuy
Jedi
Jedi

Post by MileHighGuy »

It's nice. The camera is a little weird. maybe you could give each seeker a remote droid to use to check their appearance? Although that might be used as a scouting tool. The medical droid is missing its turning animation, arms, and ambient sound. And wont the props move if you bump them?
Kingpin
Jedi
Jedi
Projects :: The Sith Wars II

Post by Kingpin »

This is great! I would love to beta test!
TWINKEYRUNAWAY
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Projects :: Empire Rising
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF Doom FONV
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by TWINKEYRUNAWAY »

Sounds very interesting, if there is a spot open I would love to give it go.
theultimat
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Post by theultimat »

Hey, that looks really good! It's great fun to play in GMod, so I'm sure it's going to be great. Are you implementing the mechanic where if you shoot and don't hit a prop, you lose health? Either way, I would love to help out with the testing if there's any space left, although I can only really play online from 7-10pm GMT most days. But if that's okay then count me in!
Noobasaurus
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

Post by Noobasaurus »

No, I'm not going to implement the mechanic where if you shoot and don't hit a prop you lose health. I've tried doing a few things but none of them have proved successful. I don't believe that it's that big of a feature, and the SWBF2 maps are pretty big anyway, so I figured the seekers needed a little advantage (along with a jetpack).If someone shows up at my door with code that magically does it I'll implement it.

@Everyone who wanted beta: I've sent out PMs to you all!
MileHighGuy wrote:It's nice. The camera is a little weird. maybe you could give each seeker a remote droid to use to check their appearance? Although that might be used as a scouting tool. The medical droid is missing its turning animation, arms, and ambient sound. And wont the props move if you bump them?
The camera is a little bit experimental right now. I'm probably going to change it soon to make it more similar to the default trooper's camera. What do you mean by 'give each seeker a remote droid to check their appearance'? Do you mean to check the prop's appearance before the game starts, or during the game, or would it have some function where it can tell if it's a real prop or not? Please elaborate. Yes, I am aware that the medical and ammunition droids are both missing their sounds and animations. The sounds and animations are part of the default odf for them, and function (I assume) only when the object is an actual placed object. I've managed to get some of the sounds working through a crude way, but the droids still don't spin and hop around.

Props probably will move if you bump them, but I don't think that seekers are going to run around bumping into everything hoping that one crate will move. It shouldn't bee too big of a problem, but I'll see what I can do about it nonetheless.
MileHighGuy
Jedi
Jedi

Post by MileHighGuy »

Woops, I mean give each PROP a remote droid to check if their positioning is good or not. Like if a pipe is trying to be parallel to other pipes, but cant see. I also think you should rotate the orange tatooine pipe prop so the "end face" of it faces the camera. That would make it easier to use.
Noobasaurus
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

Post by Noobasaurus »

That's a great suggestion! You can also use the remote droid to scout for the seekers and follow them around. I've gone ahead and added that to all of the props' arsenals.

I've also added map completion checkmarks to the first post. You can now see which maps are done and ready to be played! Just finished Geonosis and the props there are absurdly huge.

However, one thing that I need people to test is if you can hit a large prop on the edges. The real collision geometry the props use is about the size of a unit so I'm worried that the seekers won't actually be able to hit the large props.

Next up: Coruscant!

Here's a small preview:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Oh no, the rancor found a prop!
Hidden/Spoiler:
thelegend
Sith
Sith
Projects :: Star Wars - Battlefront III Legacy
Games I'm Playing :: Swbf GTA CoD LoL KH
xbox live or psn: El_Fabricio#

Post by thelegend »

Looks nice. I wanted to ask you which era letter you use?
Noobasaurus
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

Post by Noobasaurus »

I use o.
Marth8880
Resistance Leader
Projects :: DI2 + Psychosis
Games I'm Playing :: Silent Hill 2
xbox live or psn: Marth8880

Post by Marth8880 »

Noobasaurus
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

Post by Noobasaurus »

Thanks Marth.

Onto news! Spawning has been revamped! Here's a list of what's cool:
- No more command posts
- Set spawn point (might be random later)
- Instant spawns! No more waiting around 15 seconds in multiplayer!
- Everyone who spawns after the four minute mark will be a seeker. There is no loophole. Spawn as a prop, you become a seeker. It's pretty awesome and I'm really excited. This now means that anyone can join at anytime! If they join too late, they'll have to be a seeker!
- All spawn issues should be resolved.

The mode has also been added to Jabba's Palace and Coruscant. A new beta should be coming out soon, preferably once I fix my darn floating icons. HALP

You also get punished if you roll as a prop. Rolling is silly, don't do it.

And let's not forget MileHighGuy's suggestion to give a recon droid to the props. The props now have recon droids! Now if you're sitting somewhere and want to go and find the seeker or just be an annoyance, send out your recon droid! They might even mistake it for a prop (like I did when playing).

Today's Prop Hunt Quote: "That's Master Egghead to you."

Hidden/Spoiler:
Find the props! It's easier this time.
Zapattack1234
Rebel Colonel
Rebel Colonel
Projects :: The Wrecked Graveyard_Amongst the Ruins
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF 1 and 2
xbox live or psn: xbla:Rehmfire49

Post by Zapattack1234 »

Very cool! I used to play a gamemode like this on Gmod with my brother all the time
KeepAmazinn
First Lance Corporal
First Lance Corporal
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Skyrim
xbox live or psn: Keep Amazinn

Post by KeepAmazinn »

Looks amazing