Sky To Ground Mappack 4 - Bespin, Umbara and Geonosis

Working on a new map? Have a new mod out for swbf2?! Post an announcement of the up-coming release here.

Moderator: Moderators

thelegend
Sith
Sith
Projects :: Star Wars - Battlefront III Legacy
Games I'm Playing :: Swbf GTA CoD LoL KH
xbox live or psn: El_Fabricio#

Sky To Ground Mappack 4 - Bespin, Umbara and Geonosis

Post by thelegend »

Hello Gametoast,
here in my 4th Sky To Ground Mappack there are 3 new maps: Bespin, Umbara and Geonosis.
The maps are bigger and better than my maps before. There are new vehicles, a lot of feutures, new animations and characters.

Geonosis: The Clone Wars begun on Geonosis. The 501st legion and other clone guys were sent from Kamino to their first battle against the cis. The battle is gigantic. This is the biggest Sky To Ground Map I ever have made. There are new flyer vehicles (from Battlefront 1), animated frigates and 3 playable main characters each side.

Umbara: Or called "Shadow World" is the darkest map I ever have created. This map (Units and some vehicles) is based on the The Clone Wars Episodes. You can play as Anakin and Captain Rex or as Dooku and Grievous. There are new animations, made weapons and more reskins.

Bespin: Empire vs. Rebels. Both fight over the Bespin platforms. The one easteregg (or fact) is, If you fly to deep you will lose lifepoints and die. If you fly to high and get out of your flyer you'll lose lifepoints too. After 2 minutes the Empire gets reinforcements by Victory II frigates.

New features are new jedi animations, cockpits in all flyers, new sounds for vehicle and...more.

I will release this mappack soon..maybe in a couple of days.
Here you can see the trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_QZqZjoufg
Maveritchell
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Re: Sky To Ground Mappack 4 - Bespin, Umbara and Geonosis

Post by Maveritchell »

You really need to re-address your lighting on the Umbara map. Right now, the lighting is pretty poorly-done. From what I can tell in the video, you've got no real visibility from the sky to the ground, and when you're on the ground, you've got inconsistent lighting on your props (this can probably be addressed by adding a -vertexlighting option to the meshes that do that). Darkness in a map (just like darkness in any video medium) shouldn't actually be dark, it should be deep-colored. A deep blue-green light will make that map a lot better, visually.
thelegend
Sith
Sith

Post by thelegend »

You are right. In the video it looks really dark (very black). But in game it has a very deep blue fog effect. I will take a look on the dir. lighting in Umbara and test the colors out.
PRECISION
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Projects :: Full Sail University
Games I'm Playing :: StarWars Battlefront
xbox live or psn: PREICISON733

Post by PRECISION »

This looks pretty good. The lighting like Mav said needs work but overall looks like a good map pack. Just make sure Geonosis has alot of cover and is not just wide open. I dont like playing maps with little props with wide open areas. It makes everything look plain if you know what i mean :)
thelegend
Sith
Sith

Post by thelegend »

Yes...*cough*first maps*cough*...In geonosis there are some wide open areas. But the cis base, and other movie made areas are full with objects/ props.
In Episode 2 you do not see so much details. So I "copied" that.
PRECISION
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by PRECISION »

Great! I dont mind open areas if thats how it needs to be. But, something that would make open areas better would be adding hills and, or, a dust affect by wind. You know, sand in the air but not to much. Just alittle bit. Hope this helps
thelegend
Sith
Sith

Post by thelegend »

Wow...you are so right. Everything what you wrote is true. There are a lot of small hills, the vehicles "run" or walk faster and there are sand clouds. Hmm...Have you got my Geonosis map? :|
PRECISION
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by PRECISION »

Lol no I dont (sadly) but I just wanted to give you some options to make your map better :)