Space to Sky to Ground [Official Trailer published]

Working on a new map? Have a new mod out for swbf2?! Post an announcement of the up-coming release here.

Moderator: Moderators

KeepAmazinn
First Lance Corporal
First Lance Corporal
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Skyrim
xbox live or psn: Keep Amazinn

Re: Space to Sky to Ground

Post by KeepAmazinn »

I suggest adding more ships in the hangars. The space combat was lacking fighters and the hangars were crowded with ai from the gameplay shown.
thelegend
Sith
Sith
Projects :: Star Wars - Battlefront III Legacy
Games I'm Playing :: Swbf GTA CoD LoL KH
xbox live or psn: El_Fabricio#

Post by thelegend »

KeepAmazinn wrote:I suggest adding more ships in the hangars. The space combat was lacking fighters and the hangars were crowded with ai from the gameplay shown.
I would do that. I can try to add more vehicle spawns. But the one problem could be the flyer limit. I will try how many flyers more are possible.
Marth8880
Resistance Leader
Projects :: DI2 + Psychosis
Games I'm Playing :: Silent Hill 2
xbox live or psn: Marth8880

Post by Marth8880 »

thelegend wrote:My transperency was very low. You should be able to see the green plains from the space. But in-game you can not see the green plains. Only a big, white area (the planet area).
I can make a good glow map for you if you PM me the texture. ;)
The Nasal Abyss
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Projects :: Currently Working on an Indie Game
Games I'm Playing :: Splatoon 2
xbox live or psn: Stm: Tight Verbage

Post by The Nasal Abyss »

Marth8880 wrote:
thelegend wrote:My transperency was very low. You should be able to see the green plains from the space. But in-game you can not see the green plains. Only a big, white area (the planet area).
I can make a good glow map for you if you PM me the texture. ;)
Have you found a way to simulate rim-lighting using a glow map?
Marth8880
Resistance Leader

Post by Marth8880 »

Off-topic-ish: Sssssoooorta...
Hidden/Spoiler:
It's really just a huge model that's rotated a certain way, you know? I'm thinking of ways to simulate the outer atmospheric glow, however, via a disc whose inner-circumference is equal to the model's circumference (though it might have cut-off points at the edges of the dark side of the planet); it would use the emissive and single-sided transparency material flags so it appears to glow without bloom, and its texture would be a simple opaque-light-blue-or-something-to-transparent gradient.
The Nasal Abyss
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Projects :: Currently Working on an Indie Game
Games I'm Playing :: Splatoon 2
xbox live or psn: Stm: Tight Verbage

Post by The Nasal Abyss »

Marth8880 wrote:Off-topic-ish: Sssssoooorta...
Hidden/Spoiler:
It's really just a huge model that's rotated a certain way, you know? I'm thinking of ways to simulate the outer atmospheric glow, however, via a disc whose inner-circumference is equal to the model's circumference (though it might have cut-off points at the edges of the dark side of the planet); it would use the emissive and single-sided transparency material flags so it appears to glow without bloom, and its texture would be a simple opaque-light-blue-or-something-to-transparent gradient.
Ah, I see. Achieving a true fresnel-like effect is still impossible in Zero, it seems :)
thelegend
Sith
Sith

Post by thelegend »

I got an idea. Would it be better if I let rotate the 2 models? It were a bit more realistic.

Edit: I made them rotate and it looks better than before. One question: What does/means the -hiresshadow code?
willinator
Major
Major
Projects :: [Coming of the Sentinels]
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2 Minecraft Halo
xbox live or psn: PC pwns all!

Post by willinator »

-hiresshadow is the engine saying that a model does not have a shadowvolume, and it duplicates the hires msh to build one.
thelegend
Sith
Sith

Post by thelegend »

willinator wrote:-hiresshadow is the engine saying that a model does not have a shadowvolume, and it duplicates the hires msh to build one.
Ah thank you. And which code disables the shadow, so if you are on groud where is not a shadow (e.g. by the skydomes)?

And the other thing: For everxbody who has one of my skytoground maps..there were always stucking AI in hangars. Is there a way to fix that via lua stripting. For example: SetAItoEnterVehicles....And under this line all vehicle names or the cps/ spawnpaths?
I wonder why there are no plannings and barriers If I open a space map. And I did this on my Bespin map but the AI were stucking.
KeepAmazinn
First Lance Corporal
First Lance Corporal
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Skyrim
xbox live or psn: Keep Amazinn

Post by KeepAmazinn »

Is there a way to limit the amount of ai that spawns per space command post?
RacoonLR
Second Lance Corporal
Second Lance Corporal
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by RacoonLR »

Good Work! Can't wait to Play it =)
thelegend
Sith
Sith

Post by thelegend »

KeepAmazinn wrote:Is there a way to limit the amount of ai that spawns per space command post?
I don't know. Good question. It is possible to set up an AI limit for each cp. For example more AI spawn in space than on the sky ships. But most of them on ground?

Edit:
RacoonLR wrote:Good Work! Can't wait to Play it =)
Thank you.
Deviss
Master of the Force
Master of the Force
Projects :: Clone Wars Extended
Games I'm Playing :: BF2

Post by Deviss »

Great Work!! you did i love ships and space battles :D
PRECISION
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Projects :: Full Sail University
Games I'm Playing :: StarWars Battlefront
xbox live or psn: PREICISON733

Post by PRECISION »

What about making a new path for the AI? So they dont just rush to the energy field in the hanger? I dont know if that would work but it may be worth a shot
Marth8880
Resistance Leader

Post by Marth8880 »

You can't set exactly how many AI can spawn at any given CP, but you *can* however set an AI spawn weight for each CP via ZE. To set it, select the CP, press the "Page Dn" button in the Object Instance window a bunch of times until you see the "AISpawnWeight" text box (it'll be on the very last page of properties), and enter a number. Note that you'll need to give all of the other CPs an AISpawnWeight as well if you do this. I recommend setting every CP's AISpawnWeight to 100.0, and then set the ones whose weight you want to change based on that. So for instance, you'd set all the CPs' to 100.0, and then you'd set the hangar CP's to maybe 50.0 or something. Does that make sense?
thelegend
Sith
Sith

Post by thelegend »

Marth8880 wrote:You can't set exactly how many AI can spawn at any given CP, but you *can* however set an AI spawn weight for each CP via ZE. To set it, select the CP, press the "Page Dn" button in the Object Instance window a bunch of times until you see the "AISpawnWeight" text box (it'll be on the very last page of properties), and enter a number. Note that you'll need to give all of the other CPs an AISpawnWeight as well if you do this. I recommend setting every CP's AISpawnWeight to 100.0, and then set the ones whose weight you want to change based on that. So for instance, you'd set all the CPs' to 100.0, and then you'd set the hangar CP's to maybe 50.0 or something. Does that make sense?
Thank you! It works. Just one or two bots are still stucking. But after a few seconds they enter a vehicle/flyer.
PRECISION
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by PRECISION »

Glad its working :) One less thing to worry about. As for the space and air battle, is there going to be enough ships so it doesnt fell small? Some maps dont tend to make enough ships, or if they do, the ground battle sucks
thelegend
Sith
Sith

Post by thelegend »

PRECISION wrote:Glad its working :) One less thing to worry about. As for the space and air battle, is there going to be enough ships so it doesnt fell small? Some maps dont tend to make enough ships, or if they do, the ground battle sucks
All in all there are 4 frigates, 4 capital ships and a lot of action on the ground. Meanwhile I work on the Hoth map. A teaser trailer of this map will come soon, maybe on friday, 13. But I still fix more bugs on Naboo and look what I can do if someone has a suggestion.

#KeepAmazin: I have added more vehicle spawners. It works and the bots don`t stuck anymore.
#Marth: I am very thankful for your help and support. Without you the AI always would stuck before their ships. Now there are not so lazy as before.
Anyway: I don`t have so much space in my PC so I might need some testers, before I could delete (or remove/ safe) my data_BFN folder. So someone is interested to beta test my Naboo map and may give me some suggestions, buglists and so on? Just tell me here or send me a PM.
PRECISION
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by PRECISION »

Is there any chance you could make a tropical map? I would really like someone to do it :/

On topic: I would love to beta test for you. (as long as the file is not large) JK And may I ask, why don't us use the default sides for these maps? I just mean the solider and so on. (Not meaning the added units. Keep those) It seems the sniper, heavy, and so on are custom ever though they use the same weapons and etc. The only reason I ask is because I use a custom lvl side that changes some of the standard units to something like a republic commando and because your sides are custom some how it does not read the added stuff I have. I don't know if this is making any sense to you. Also, other maps I have played may have had extra units or jedi, but because they used the default sniper or soldier my custom sides where still there.
Marth8880
Resistance Leader

Post by Marth8880 »

I might be able to test for you. ;)