GTA IV to Battlefront II [Update#1]

Working on a new map? Have a new mod out for swbf2?! Post an announcement of the up-coming release here.

Moderator: Moderators

thelegend
Sith
Sith
Projects :: Star Wars - Battlefront III Legacy
Games I'm Playing :: Swbf GTA CoD LoL KH
xbox live or psn: El_Fabricio#

GTA IV to Battlefront II [Update#1]

Post by thelegend »

GTA IV to Battlefront II

Hey all,
this is (as the title says) a conversion map that is based on Liberty City, the map from GTA 4. This is just one map, but now with day-night rythm.
There will be different game modes where you can play as different characters. One mode is already finished: The Free Mode. A mode where you can choose one of your fav. GTA characters from newer and older gta games. You can do everything what you want but the cops will keep an eye to you..

But the main thing is the Campaign mission. It is based on the whole gta 4 story (not 100% exactly but I try to keep it long, but also short).
There will be mode mods. For example: Drug Export, cop vs. gangsters and maybe one more. Maybe a race mode but I am nor sure.

Anyway I also made a teaser trailer. Where you can see some parts of the map. Background note: GTA 4 takes place in Liberty City and Liberty City is completly based on New York City. If you watched the trailer I'd like to hear how many real existing sights you have found in teaser trailer.

>>Here you can watch the Teaser: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhgD7S1HaYk

Ah and by the way. In this project I used the first time XSI. So I made some realistic weapons and fixed some objects (e.g. Coruscant jedi Statue or the roof on naboo's building 3..).
Last edited by thelegend on Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Marth8880
Resistance Leader
Projects :: DI2 + Psychosis
Games I'm Playing :: Silent Hill 2
xbox live or psn: Marth8880

Re: GTA IV to Battlefront II

Post by Marth8880 »

Looks pretty good, but I *really* think you ought to re-texture those Naboo assets to, well, not look like Naboo assets. Maybe make them look like New York buildings? ;)
Kingpin
Jedi
Jedi
Projects :: The Sith Wars II

Post by Kingpin »

Have to agree with Marth. Can't wait to see the game modes :o
thelegend
Sith
Sith

Post by thelegend »

I agree. The only problem is the naboo buildings read 100 textures. Example one building reads 5 - 7 different textures. But I have fixed some parts and the roof is now solid in building 3 (The skyscraper building).
Kingpin
Jedi
Jedi
Projects :: The Sith Wars II

Post by Kingpin »

For my custom Naboo, I just did a black and white on the textures and darkened them. Added the red roof and windows, and it looked completely new.
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by Teancum »

Interesting idea. I'm not big into the crime side of GTA (I prefer just the open-worldness) but I always cheer for ambitious projects.

Also, *PROTIP* -- Use a gamepad (like an Xbox 360 controller) when recording "sweeping" camera footage for trailers and teasers. You'll get a much more fluid sense of movement using the two analog sticks of a gamepad.
AQT
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by AQT »

Not sure if you already know about them, but RepSharpshooter released some urban New York-esque buildings here that I think can help your map look more authentic.
thelegend
Sith
Sith

Post by thelegend »

The problem is i am near the object limit and a few props more and the map stops loading.
Anyway I made some new vehicles and now an animated moon that is only shown at night.
It looks so in-game:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Edit: And I also added an animated ferry that can take the player and his vehicles to other areas in Liberty City.
Hidden/Spoiler:
Edit2:
Update#1

Hey all. This is my first big update for my coming mod. I am still working on the first game mode; I have still 2 weird problems but I am going to fix them.
I only show a set of pictures that includes a view to new weapons, characters and vehicles.
Here is a list of all rideable vehicles:

Code: Select all

-Cars in 4 different colors
-LCPD Police Car/Cruiser
-Bus
-A taxi/cab
-A helicopter
-LCPD Helicopter 
And here a list of all weapons:

Code: Select all

-Ak47
-default 9mm pistol