Clone Wars Hoth Mod

Working on a new map? Have a new mod out for swbf2?! Post an announcement of the up-coming release here.

Moderator: Moderators

MorpheusWells

Clone Wars Hoth Mod

Post by MorpheusWells »

Here is my third mod so far. It makes hoth conquest have Clone War units. Here is the readme:

This is my third mod. It basically turns the Hoth galactic civil war conquest mode into clone wars. It is definitely not as good as the original galactic civil war version, but it's fun. Here are the changes:

The Imperial units have been replaced with Republic units (Ep3) and their hero is Ki-Adi-Mundi.
The Rebel units have been replaced with CIS units (droid marine for the officer) and their hero is Count Dooku.

All ATAT and ATST have been replaced with V-Wings, TaunTauns are now Staps, and speeders are now snailtanks.

Installation Instructions: Make a copy your original MISSION.LVL and your original HOT1.LVL Extract the CloneWarHoth folder from the zip file. Take the MISSION.LVL out and put it in the _LVL_PC folder and take the HOT1.LVL out and put it in the HOT folder within the _LVL_PC folder.
Uninstallation Instructions: replace the modified MISSION.LVL and HOT1.LVL with the copies you made of the originals.

Glitches and Bugs:
AI names (when you kill them) are Imperial and Rebel instead of the correct Republic and CIS names.
Voice overs are Imperial and Rebel.
This isn't really a bug or glitch, but it is sometimes hard to see the weaponfire from the Clone Rifle against the snow.
If you find any other glitches or bugs e-mail me at MorpheusWells AT aol DOT com

Credits: Morpheus Wells

Enjoy!

Sorry about the lack of screenshots, my screen capture program isn't working right now.

Here is the link to the mod:
http://s56.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0JSM ... XM21CWPR1K

Yes, I fixed my screen capture program. Here are some screens:

EraOfDesann
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by EraOfDesann »

It looks great! Good job! :D
MorpheusWells

Post by MorpheusWells »

thanks
Blackrider

Post by Blackrider »

I dont wanna be a bother but can you try putting in a gunship and like an ARC 170

IF people wanna knwo why i love gunships lol its becasue they remind me of helicopters and in bf1 when i tried to just stay on the gunship as it lifted i couldn't but they added that feature in bf2 so i wanan try to do it
MorpheusWells

Post by MorpheusWells »

I tried that but their names are too long to replace atat or atst (I know you can put in longer names by changing the intergers, but I don't know how to do that for vehicles). Maybe if I make the republic replace the rebels instead of them replacing the empire I can make the snowspeeders into gunships. I'll try it.
Blackrider

Post by Blackrider »

alright cool thanks

I just dl it
omg its so awsome dude you rock!
MorpheusWells

Post by MorpheusWells »

Thanks, Blackrider. I tried what you suggest. The only place I can get the gunship to spawn is in the rebel hangar (the echo base hangar where snowspeeders normally spawn. Unfortunately the ceiling of the hangar isn't high enough to allow the gunship to liftoff or leave the hangar at all. Here are some screens:

The ceiling disappears, but you still can't get out of the hangar.

If you want the files I can give them to you, but I can't see any use for them (you can't fly the gunship). Sorry I couldn't help.
JabbaLovesLava
Sith
Sith

Post by JabbaLovesLava »

Uhmmm, what if you change the taun taun for the gunship? Just a suggestion, but it might work. Anyways, this mod looks very cool :)
Alpha

Post by Alpha »

it does. I haven't DL any of the hex mods, but this one I might.
Blackrider

Post by Blackrider »

yeah try what jabba said but use the land gunship instead of teh space one if you can.

i got an idea thugoh
you could have the hanger spawn ARC 170S
and the taun tauns spawn land gunship
and replace the AT-AT with a tri fighter and AT-ST with a droid stargihter
up you though
but dude GREAT WORK
MorpheusWells

Post by MorpheusWells »

Thanks!

Those are great ideas, but most of them cannot be done through hex editing. The gunship is represented by rep_fly_gunship_sc and the taun taun is all_walk_tauntaun. The gunship name is longer and thus (because it is a vehicle and not a unit) it cannot be placed in the spot of the tauntaun. I can only replace all_fly_snowspeeder (snowspeeder) with the gunship for that reason. The same thing stops me from replacing the atat with a tri fighter, the atst with a droid fighter, or the snowspeeder (hanger spawn) with ARC 170s (rep_fly_arc170fighter_sc).

Blackrider, when you say land gunship, are you talking about the one in campaign mode (you get in at the end of the Mygeeto level)? If so, that is only an animated prop (you can't control it, similar to the rancor). I've put that one on a few maps, but it just sits there. The turrets move around , not controlled any player or AI, in a fixed pattern and you can't actually enter it. You can get in the platform thing inside, but it doesn't go anywhere.
Alpha

Post by Alpha »

In the first post Ki-Adi-Mundi is the hero, but in the others it is Obi-Wan, which will it end up being?
MorpheusWells

Post by MorpheusWells »

Ki-Adi-Mundi is the real hero. I just used obiwan when testing the gunship idea.
Blackrider

Post by Blackrider »

I think there is one its just like the one in campaign exhept YOU can fly it. Thats teh one that Dragenum put in Mygeeeto
JabbaLovesLava
Sith
Sith

Post by JabbaLovesLava »

Wait a sec. How come dragonum changed one ship for a taun taun in space, but u can't change a taun taun for a ship in land maps?
MorpheusWells

Post by MorpheusWells »

you can put smaller names in the place of larger names, but not vice versa (at least with vehicles)
Blackrider, I see what you mean. I'm almost done with the gunships.
Blackrider

Post by Blackrider »

Wait dude you can put the land gunships in Hoth NICE DUDE YOUR A GREAT MODDER
MorpheusWells

Post by MorpheusWells »

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!! :D

I finished the gunship addition (v-wings in hangar now). Here's the Readme:
This basically turns the Hoth galactic civil war conquest mode into clone wars. It is definitely not as good as the original galactic civil war version, but it's fun. Here are the changes:

The Rebel units have been replaced with Republic units (Ep3 with pilot) and their hero is Ki-Adi-Mundi.
The Imperial units have been replaced with CIS units and their hero is Count Dooku.

All ATAT and ATST have been replaced with staps, TaunTauns are now gunships, and speeders are now V-Wings.

Installation Instructions: Make a copy your original MISSION.LVL and your original HOT1.LVL Extract the CloneWarHoth folder from the zip file. Take the MISSION.LVL out and put it in the _LVL_PC folder and take the HOT1.LVL out and put it in the HOT folder within the _LVL_PC folder.
Uninstallation Instructions: replace the modified MISSION.LVL and HOT1.LVL with the copies you made of the originals.

Glitches and Bugs:
AI names (when you kill them) are Imperial and Rebel instead of the correct Republic and CIS names.
Voice overs are Imperial and Rebel.
This isn't really a bug or glitch, but it is sometimes hard to see the weaponfire from the Clone Rifle against the snow.
Gunship near hangar can't liftoff (no room)
V-Wings are hard to get out of hangar.
If you find any other glitches or bugs e-mail me at MorpheusWells AT aol DOT com

Credits: Morpheus Wells, Blackrider, JabbaLovesLava, and Dragonum.

Enjoy!

Link:
http://s54.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2YOF ... 4ZEJ9FKL9B

I'll post some screenshots later.
Last edited by MorpheusWells on Sun Jan 01, 2006 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
MorpheusWells

Post by MorpheusWells »

Sorry, I posted the wrong link. It should be fixed now.
JabbaLovesLava
Sith
Sith

Post by JabbaLovesLava »

I see you changed the taun taun for the gun ship :) WAIT A SEC! that was my idea, how come im not mentioned in the credits :( Oh well.... nice mod... tho i havent/wont tried/try it :)