The Death Trooper Mod (Very Early Development)

Working on a new map? Have a new mod out for swbf2?! Post an announcement of the up-coming release here.

Moderator: Moderators

TheCreator
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Battlefront II
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

The Death Trooper Mod (Very Early Development)

Post by TheCreator »

I've decided to start this mod back up after a year of not doing any work. Sadly I have to start from scratch and will learn how to do certain modding techniques again but it will be worth it to see the outcome of this insanely epic mod.
This will be my source image when creating most of the zombies for my mod.

I can use any help at all when it comes to making skins especially zombie skins. The Story its self will take place on a certain Star Destroyer called "The Purge"
You are sent there during the aftermath of the carnage, you are a highly special skilled imperial commader with a team of 3, you have been sent by Emperor Palpatine himself to coverup such an outbreak and to destroy all evidence from the galaxy. The objective of the campaign, get to the main reactor of the ship which won't be easy , place a time bomb and fight your way back... all of you will not make it, and it is up to you to make certain choices while playing that will determine wether you survive or not, say for if you're the only one left when you have planted the time bomb, will you go search the ship for survivors to help aid you and risk the time you have left? OR will you fight your way through with the little bit of resources that you can manage hint hint. I really do not want to use the standard star destroyer map for this mod I want to have a newer updated one for battlefront II altogether so that will be something I have to work on I guess.

That's the reference pic to building a better star destroyer. I will have to edit the inside interior to my fitting :sleep: then with the campaign add specific paths for you to go and etc. It will have a survival mode for each map setting an alternate timeline on that map, I will edit each map so when you play the mod it fits with the mod, it would have a darker setting so to say when you play survival mode on the map of choice, you will also be able to play survival mode on the purge as well :thumbs: which means you would be able to explore the ship freely get to know it maybe make the campaign a little easier, but watch out for the zombies you might find yourself somewhere you don't really want to be and get overwhelmed. I will need MASSIVE help when creating this mod this is my vision for it. I'm pretty good with mod tools i've made 3 maps and my favorite one I made was Orion City a while back. But I might need a little help when creating this such as scripting mission obectives, getting music into the mod, editing a star desroyer, menu loading screens, new main menu music and pictures, getting voice scripts for specifc characers in the game, and one thing I honestly forgot how to do was getting actual modded characters in there, like I said it's been a while! You can check out the moddb page here for some of the audio I had in mind at the time.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/the-creator

Well I have a lot of work to do so let's get this started! :D
Generalfacu
Rebel Sergeant
Rebel Sergeant
Games I'm Playing :: Battlefront II KOTOR

Re: The Death Trooper Mod (Very Early Development)

Post by Generalfacu »

This WILL be an awesome mod. Death Troopers...wow. Nice pics BTW, awesome Star Destroyer.
TWINKEYRUNAWAY
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Projects :: Empire Rising
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF Doom FONV

Post by TWINKEYRUNAWAY »

Excellent concepts so far! hope it turns out how you want it to.
MikeTheBeast55
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Projects :: N.A.
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF1 SWBF2 LOTR
xbox live or psn: MikeTheeBeast55

Post by MikeTheBeast55 »

In general, this is a really cool idea and concept! As GeneralFacu said, nice pictures, especially the Star Destroyer!
thelegend
Sith
Sith
Projects :: Star Wars - Battlefront III Legacy
Games I'm Playing :: Swbf GTA CoD LoL KH
xbox live or psn: El_Fabricio#

Post by thelegend »

I like the idea and the concept. If you need someone who can create some rooms, hallways or just props and also some zombie skins then let me know that.
JimmyAngler
High General
High General
Projects :: Battlefront Halation
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF 1-2-2015
xbox live or psn: none

Post by JimmyAngler »

Looks good bud!
I do have to say, if you get a star destroyer looking like that, you will become world renowned. Good Luck!
Hidden/Spoiler:
How are you going to do that? normal maps or model?
TheCreator

Post by TheCreator »

Thank you all for the kind words really I appreciate it!
thelegend wrote:I like the idea and the concept. If you need someone who can create some rooms, hallways or just props and also some zombie skins then let me know that.
For now creating the skins is probably something to get out of the way first, if you were to make some zombie skins could you base how they look off the reference picture I have?

EDIT
JimmyAngler wrote:Looks good bud!
I do have to say, if you get a star destroyer looking like that, you will become world renowned. Good Luck!
Hidden/Spoiler:
How are you going to do that? normal maps or model?
Thankyou but it will most likely be a new model if I can make one.
willinator
Major
Major
Projects :: [Coming of the Sentinels]
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2 Minecraft Halo
xbox live or psn: PC pwns all!

Post by willinator »

I applaud you for attempting this, and I've always considered doing a death trooper map. However, I think you're shooting too big with the detail on the star destroyer. Unless I misread the description, most of this takes place inside the star destroyer. Building that model with all the detail on the outside would frankly be an unnecessary drain on the engine. Just have the player start in the hanger/shuttle docked to the star destroyer, and end when they reach the shuttle again. That way you can focus on the detail inside.
TheCreator

Post by TheCreator »

willinator wrote:I applaud you for attempting this, and I've always considered doing a death trooper map. However, I think you're shooting too big with the detail on the star destroyer. Unless I misread the description, most of this takes place inside the star destroyer. Building that model with all the detail on the outside would frankly be an unnecessary drain on the engine. Just have the player start in the hanger/shuttle docked to the star destroyer, and end when they reach the shuttle again. That way you can focus on the detail inside.
Precisely, what I am trying to though is get a hangar on the bottom instead of the traditional sides that way it gets the feel as if your in a different map. When you first start playing your shuttle will just be arriving on the ship and the objective tells you what to do from there.
thelegend
Sith
Sith
Projects :: Star Wars - Battlefront III Legacy
Games I'm Playing :: Swbf GTA CoD LoL KH
xbox live or psn: El_Fabricio#

Post by thelegend »

willinator wrote:I applaud you for attempting this, and I've always considered doing a death trooper map. However, I think you're shooting too big with the detail on the star destroyer. Unless I misread the description, most of this takes place inside the star destroyer. Building that model with all the detail on the outside would frankly be an unnecessary drain on the engine. Just have the player start in the hanger/shuttle docked to the star destroyer, and end when they reach the shuttle again. That way you can focus on the detail inside.
I agree what willinator wrote. I had the same thought because of the detail from outside if the most part takes inside the spaceship.

To the skins: I guess I can try to create an other stormtrooper skin. That looks similair to your ones. I am going to send you a pm as soon as I am finished.
Generalfacu
Rebel Sergeant
Rebel Sergeant
Games I'm Playing :: Battlefront II KOTOR

Post by Generalfacu »

This reminds me of Alien Isolation. An almost abandoned ship with a mysterious thing inside hunting you down.
jedimoose32
Field Commander
Field Commander
Projects :: Engineering Degree

Post by jedimoose32 »

What a great idea!
Maveritchell
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Maveritchell »

Really?
viewtopic.php?f=29&t=5896

C'mon man, if you're posting pictures and saying "gee wouldn't this be nice," this isn't a WIP, it's just a wishlist.