Endor: Death Watch Bunker 3.0

Working on a new map? Have a new mod out for swbf2?! Post an announcement of the up-coming release here.

Moderator: Moderators

AQT
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Endor: Death Watch Bunker 3.0

Post by AQT »

Hello all! I've been working on this old map of mine for the past month. I thought I revisit it before proceeding with the completion of my many other unfinished projects (including the Naboo map). The purpose of this renovation is to bring this map up to my current standards. Nearly every aspect has been improved upon.

For those of you unfamiliar with the previous versions, I say no need to pay any attention to them, but here's some information the location itself:
Hidden/Spoiler:
[quote="Wookiepeedia"]Image

Death Watch bunker

The Death Watch Bunker was the primary location of the Mandalorian Death Watch during the Galactic Civil War.

The Death Watch established a bunker on the forest moon of Endor where it would be virtually invisible to the rest of the galaxy. Death Watch Wraiths, Ghosts, and Bloodguards continued operating in secrecy, contracting with Black Sun as assassins in exchange for the crime syndicate helping them further their goals.

By 1 ABY, the Death Watch had fallen into obscurity, known mostly as an ancient Mandalorian splinter group whose armor had inspired the uniforms of the Emperor's Royal Guard. However, while working for Jabba the Hutt on Tatooine, famed bounty hunter Boba Fett discovered that the group were not merely the stuff of myth and rumor but were in fact operating out of a hidden location. Still under contract to remain with Jabba, Fett hired a group of spacers to investigate for him.

At the same time, the Death Watch's leader, Teti Viba, came to the attention of Imperial Commander D'krn, stationed in Tatooine's capital city of Bestine. Wishing to use Viba as the prime clone for a new and improved batch of stormtroopers, D'krn also hired a group of spacers loyal to the Galactic Empire to discover the Mandalorian's whereabouts. These spacers killed Viba and his guards and took a sample of his blood to return to D'krn.[/quote]
The Death Watch Bunker was a location featured in the Star Wars Galaxies game, although this iteration was very loosely inspired by it. Now here are some screenshots:
Hidden/Spoiler:

(Campaign images)
This is going to be a GCW era-only map with Conquest, Hunt, Team Deathmatch, and Campaign game modes, all featuring custom units. The two main opposing factions are the Empire and Death Watch. The campaign mission (the highlight of the map, in my opinion) also did not remain untouched. Every single objective and encounter has been revised for story and/or better gameplay purposes.

The only major things left to do overall before the release is to edit the campaign objective prompts, and rewrite and record the objective voiceovers/dialogue. Hopefully, this won't take very long.

As always, comments, criticisms, and suggestions are welcomed. Thanks for viewing!
JazzMaster
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Projects :: Cato Neimoidia- Invasion
Games I'm Playing :: Battlefront 2
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Re: Endor: Death Watch Bunker 3.0

Post by JazzMaster »

I never saw the previous version of this map, but wow! This is a great looking map. It will be perfect for a TDM match!!
Sandtrooper956
Corporal
Corporal
Projects :: Just some little things
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2 and EAW

Post by Sandtrooper956 »

Awesome, I LOVED the previous version of this map. I'm super excited for this.
Anakin
Master of the Force
Master of the Force
Projects :: RC Side Mod - Remastered - SWBF3 Legacy

Post by Anakin »

Interessting. Will you add dt, bfx and stock sides?? I'd love to see darthDUCK's RC again, maybe with an improved HUD.
Fives
Private
Projects :: Maps+Mods [BETA] Tester
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2+SWTOR and STO
xbox live or psn: not enabled

Post by Fives »

a little Hint

in your Loadscreen stay Imperial Commando......and your soldiers are not Imperial Commands

Can you put the Republic Commands as Imperial Commands http://images5.fanpop.com/image/photos/ ... 00-529.jpg in your Soldiers list

It's only a little Hint

Hidden/Spoiler:
P.S. Sorry for my bad English
Sandtrooper956
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Sandtrooper956 »

The Imperial Commando loading screen is for the campaign mission, where you play as an Imperial Commando.
AQT
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by AQT »

Thanks y'all!
JazzMaster wrote:It will be perfect for a TDM match!!
Oh, I should have mentioned that TDM for this map is kind of like a Hunt mode that doesn't really take place inside the bunker. Instead it takes place outside as battle between Imperial and Death Watch snipers:
Hidden/Spoiler:
The actual Hunt mode does take place inside the bunker, though. It involves the Death Watch putting down a revolt, and Ewok slaves starting one:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Fives wrote:in your Loadscreen stay Imperial Commando......and your soldiers are not Imperial Commands
You see, Imperial Commando is an umbrella designation covering any commando unit that served under the Empire (more specifically in this case, the Galactic Empire). So while the clone commandos you are suggesting do indeed fall under the Imperial Commando category, the Storm Commandos featured in this campaign do as well. In short, not all Imperial Commandos are clone commandos. I hope this makes sense. :)
Anakin wrote:Will you add dt, bfx and stock sides??
Most likely not.
willkilla
Private Recruit
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: bf2

Post by willkilla »

Looks like another fantastic map
Lorul1
Rebel Colonel
Rebel Colonel
Projects :: Assault on Theed
Games I'm Playing :: Battlegrounds

Post by Lorul1 »

I loved this map !!! LOOKS GOOD ! keep it up AQT !
thelegend
Sith
Sith
Projects :: Star Wars - Battlefront III Legacy
Games I'm Playing :: Swbf GTA CoD LoL KH
xbox live or psn: El_Fabricio#

Post by thelegend »

Nice. Is that Neptune in the sky?
commanderawesome
Field Commander
Field Commander
Projects :: Skin Changer - Warfront - Other stuff
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF SWTOR KotOR EaW
xbox live or psn: AaTc_CmdrAwesome

Post by commanderawesome »

thelegend wrote:Nice. Is that Neptune in the sky?
Probably not, since Star Wars takes place "A long time ago in a Galaxy far, far away..." :wink: I think it's Tana, the planet Endor used to orbit until it mysteriously disappeared.
thelegend
Sith
Sith

Post by thelegend »

commanderawesome wrote:
Probably not, since Star Wars takes place "A long time ago in a Galaxy far, far away..." :wink: I think it's Tana, the planet Endor used to orbit until it mysteriously disappeared.
Nah...it`s Neptune :P Look at the blue storm here: https://spinningwebbs.files.wordpress.c ... uranus.jpg
and then compare it carefully with the bright blue planet in any of these images where you can see the planet
commanderawesome
Field Commander
Field Commander

thelegend wrote:
commanderawesome wrote:
Nah...it`s Neptune :P Look at the blue storm here: https://spinningwebbs.files.wordpress.c ... uranus.jpg
and then compare it carefully with the bright blue planet in any of these images where you can see the planet
I thought you were talking in-universe. Also, that's Uranus, not Neptune.
FOOLIS
Jedi
Jedi

Post by FOOLIS »

This one looks very promising.
Keep up the good work! :D
thelegend
Sith
Sith

Post by thelegend »

commanderawesome wrote:
thelegend wrote:
commanderawesome wrote:
I thought you were talking in-universe. Also, that's Uranus, not Neptune.
Uranus is a little bit more greenish and Neptune is dark blue. I guess AQT has brighten up the Neptune texture and color a bit.
commanderawesome
Field Commander
Field Commander

Well, the image you posted is called "uranus.jpg", but after looking them up on Wikipedia, I can you're right.
AQT
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by AQT »

Yep, I used an edited image of Neptune for the gas giant Endor. :P

Anyway, as of last week, all the major work that needed done has been completed. I currently have a couple of people willing to beta test, but if anyone else is also interested, feel free to send me a PM! I'm aiming for a release some time by the end of next week. In the meantime, more WIPs to work on....
FOOLIS wrote:This one looks very promising.
Keep up the good work! :D
What a pleasant surprise! Good to see you dropping by again. :o
TWINKEYRUNAWAY
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Projects :: Empire Rising
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF Doom FONV

Post by TWINKEYRUNAWAY »

Found something of a bug I think.
Hidden/Spoiler:
I noticed on the third objective for the campaign involving slicing into the out door consoles, its a bit tricky getting into the door ways for both consoles. Not sure if that had been mentioned. Its like there is an invisible wall almost if you were to directly head into those two small building structures on the outside platform where the consoles are located. I managed to get inside by jumping through the door ways, im not sure if thats what you had intended though.let me know if you want me to record and show you what i mean.
CressAlbane
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter
Projects :: CTF Arenas
Games I'm Playing :: Steam- cressalbane2

Post by CressAlbane »

That minecart brought me a solid half-hour of misery in the last playthrough. Looking forward to a re-match!

(...I'm really bad at jumping.)
Sandtrooper956
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Sandtrooper956 »

TWINKEYRUNAWAY wrote:Found something of a bug I think.
Hidden/Spoiler:
I noticed on the third objective for the campaign involving slicing into the out door consoles, its a bit tricky getting into the door ways for both consoles. Not sure if that had been mentioned. Its like there is an invisible wall almost if you were to directly head into those two small building structures on the outside platform where the consoles are located. I managed to get inside by jumping through the door ways, im not sure if thats what you had intended though.let me know if you want me to record and show you what i mean.
I'm having that same problem. It's because the ramp isn't really an object, but just a texture. Or at least it seems that way. From my modding experience in SWBF2, i'm pretty sure it's missing it's odf file. Though I could be wrong.