For all things related to AnthonyBF2's Battlefront PSP mod

Moderators: AnthonyBF2, Moderators

AnthonyBF2
Sith
Sith
Projects :: PS2+PSP Overhaul

Archived Discussion + PSP Mod History

Post by AnthonyBF2 »

This is an old and outdated thread and has been locked. You may read through the pages to see some older history of the PSP mods, progress, bugs and various other things. Check back often in the PSP mod subforum for new releases and discussions.
Last edited by AnthonyBF2 on Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:57 pm, edited 63 times in total.
giftheck
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
Projects :: Star Wars Battlefront Legacy

Re: Battlefront 2 (PSP) Upgrades

Post by giftheck »

Imported a SWBF1 map! Did you use the original source for that? Because if you did, then in time new units could be figured out too!
AnthonyBF2
Sith
Sith

Post by AnthonyBF2 »

When it comes to SIDE data, there a huge list of differences from on the PSP game, so many in fact that I can't even begin to list them.

The only thing I was ever able to rebuild was snw.lvl to get a new wampa, since it's only one thing but it came with graphical glitches and it looked like the wampas had been ran through one of those trucks that grinds tree limbs, although it still played fine.

I barely remade snw.lvl, at this time I can't even hope to rebuild side levels.

But the first idea I have at custom sides, or rebuilding the old sides is to do one thing at a time, from within it's own level file. This way we can see what works. It's safer to do one thing at a time instead of cramming a ton of custom side things at once and picking what works and fails.

Keep in mind, we do not have assets for the PSP game. The PSP is a watered down PS2 version, which piggy-backs on the PS2 version platform, and the PS2 uses watered down PC assets, that we also do not have.
The only PC assets that seem to work so far, ar mainly scripts. I was able to rebuild 4 or 5 maps but I have to remove models with too much data and stomp down all textures and make everything not pretty.
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by Teancum »

Awesome dude! I'm a big fan of mods on other platforms. I'll give you a hand where I can, just let me know where you could use help.
AnthonyBF2
Sith
Sith

Post by AnthonyBF2 »

Mainly I don't feel like redoing all the localization. So far my method is this:

1) go thru the challenge missions, write down everything that appears, load screen messages, popups, map screen hints, show message texts, and make sure those are in order. Then examine the level files for all localize strings names and create them, adding in what actually appears on the game. So far I have only done this for the imperial enforcer challenges.
TWINKEYRUNAWAY
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Projects :: Empire Rising
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF Doom FONV

Post by TWINKEYRUNAWAY »

I have pcpsp and it runs great on my pc. Id be willing to test it a bit and record/take notes of problems or show how well it works on it. If fortune would have it, I also have acess to a psp, would just need to install the custom firmwire to it.

As far as suggestions go, im pretty curious about updated or custom skins and how they would look on the psp. It would be cool to see some custom textures added to a few units. (If you would like I can provide some test skins you may use )
DylanRocket
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant
Projects :: None
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2

Post by DylanRocket »

I figured out how to do custom textures.

http://imgur.com/a/ALriy

All of these textures are scaled down versions of the 41st Texture from the Conversion Pack sides.

I just used this tutorial (viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28536) but used unit textures instead.
AnthonyBF2
Sith
Sith

Post by AnthonyBF2 »

That reskin lua tutorial is epic. I've already used it on a few map's radar screens to make them look better. I thought about doing it for sides but I am too lazy. My main goal is to have more maps and modes. Scripting wise, the PSP game handle just about anything except a few missing lua functions that run XL/Uber modes.
TheMastermindOfMaom
Private First Class
Projects :: None.
xbox live or psn: #PCMasterRace

Post by TheMastermindOfMaom »

The best PSP emulator I believe is PPSSPP as it is almost plug and play.
AnthonyBF2
Sith
Sith

Post by AnthonyBF2 »

I want to remind everyone that we probably aren't allowed to discuss emulators and console modifications. Keep it on a low unless a high power says otherwise.

EDIT
TWINKEYRUNAWAY wrote:I have pcpsp and it runs great on my pc. Id be willing to test it a bit and record/take notes of problems or show how well it works on it. If fortune would have it, I also have acess to a psp, would just need to install the custom firmwire to it.

As far as suggestions go, im pretty curious about updated or custom skins and how they would look on the psp. It would be cool to see some custom textures added to a few units. (If you would like I can provide some test skins you may use )
ggctuk wrote:Imported a SWBF1 map! Did you use the original source for that? Because if you did, then in time new units could be figured out too!
Yes, if you have any skins, let's test them. They should match default character models though.
And Yes ggtuck, I used the original assets, I think, they were already partially setup for me.
MikeTheBeast55
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Projects :: N.A.
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF1 SWBF2 LOTR
xbox live or psn: MikeTheeBeast55

Re: Battlefront 2 (PSP) Upgrades + 1st Release

Post by MikeTheBeast55 »

Really nice work Anthony, I have been following this for the short time it has been up and I am very excited to try this out, bet it will be awesome!
TheMastermindOfMaom
Private First Class
Projects :: None.
xbox live or psn: #PCMasterRace

Post by TheMastermindOfMaom »

Never knew you had the PSP version of BF2,Mike.
AnthonyBF2
Sith
Sith

Post by AnthonyBF2 »

Fake Console has been added and is functional! Bad news is that it won't be as robust as the Fake Console from the PC version. HUGE thanks to [RDH]Zerted. I will upload another set of mods soon with Fake Console. Fake Console will not exist during the "challenges" missions.
suLac
Private
Games I'm Playing :: Battlefront I + II
xbox live or psn: suLac4ever (both)

Re: Battlefront 2 (PSP) Upgrades + 2nd Release

Post by suLac »

1st I own a PSP 3004 and a PSP Go - both with CFW - furthermore, I also use PPSSPP for emulation on my PC.
2nd It would be awesome, if we could play every original map from both BFI and BFII on PSP :runaway:
3rd Keep up your great work, I am looking forward to have the full Battlefront experience on my PSP! :thumbs:
AnthonyBF2
Sith
Sith

Post by AnthonyBF2 »

suLac wrote:1st I own a PSP 3004 and a PSP Go - both with CFW - furthermore, I also use PPSSPP for emulation on my PC.
2nd It would be awesome, if we could play every original map from both BFI and BFII on PSP :runaway:
3rd Keep up your great work, I am looking forward to have the full Battlefront experience on my PSP! :thumbs:
I am not really interested in importing the maps used in both games, such as Hoth and Mos Eisley but in time we shall have the good maps that matter along with new maps. :yes:
TWINKEYRUNAWAY
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Post by TWINKEYRUNAWAY »

(Click Image for video)

Very short video with no sound showing some game play of kasshyyk docks. It runs very well.
AnthonyBF2
Sith
Sith

Post by AnthonyBF2 »

Thanks for the video but the map is Kashyyyk Islands :wink:
Also you don't need to plaster my name on the screen. :wink:
TWINKEYRUNAWAY
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Post by TWINKEYRUNAWAY »

:D I thought that way people would know who they need to thank for this project. Also sent some sample skins you could use.
AnthonyBF2
Sith
Sith

Post by AnthonyBF2 »

Loving this one:
Hidden/Spoiler:
TWINKEYRUNAWAY
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Post by TWINKEYRUNAWAY »

That looks really good, glad you found a use for one of the skins I sent. Have you considered using the v1.3 patch 501st skins for the clones? They look a lot better than the vanilla ones. Have you tried experimenting with changing unit animations? Is adding new models also a problem?