Scarif Map Pack (v1.0 Beta, 2 Maps Released!)

Working on a new map? Have a new mod out for swbf2?! Post an announcement of the up-coming release here.

Moderator: Moderators

Triforce919
Private Recruit
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Re: Scarif: Imperial Landing Zone

Post by Triforce919 »

Really liking these screenshots! I can't wait to finally play this!
willkilla
Private Recruit
Games I'm Playing :: bf2

Post by willkilla »

This looks really promising!!!!
Kingpin
Jedi
Jedi
Projects :: The Sith Wars II

Post by Kingpin »

The stormtrooper is amazing. I think it looks better than any other models out, including the Force Unleashed and BF3 models. I'm glad you started with the original Pandemic model. It fits really well with the stock game while still looking amazing, whereas the other models almost look too high poly. This is perfect. Great job!
DarthDio
Private Third Class
Projects :: 2D Artist for Battlefront III Legacy
Games I'm Playing :: StarWars Battlefront
xbox live or psn: none

Post by DarthDio »

Gogie wrote:
DylanRocket wrote:Darth Dio posted a link to this thread on Reddit. :P

https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBattle ... lefront_2/
Haha awesome I haven't seen the site this busy in a long time it's a good thing thanks to dio for advertising
I don't mean to sound douchey but it'd be much easier for many more people to join Gametoast if it hadn't been blocked. I myself, need to use a proxy every time I want to enter this site which can be annoying, often making me don't want to enter the website.

There must be another way for legit fans to enter Gametoast, it's kinda ridiculous to ban entire countries.

Apologies for the mini rant but I think it needed to be said.
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny

Post by Teancum »

Countries have been banned by the server that Gametoast is on, which has several other, non-related websites. We have no control over those server-wide bans as it isn't our decision. The server has banned certain regions due to spam accounts and attacks on the server.
Gogie
Modeling Master
Modeling Master
Projects :: Tinkering away with LEGO

Post by Gogie »

DarthDio wrote:
Gogie wrote:
DylanRocket wrote:Darth Dio posted a link to this thread on Reddit. :P

https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBattle ... lefront_2/
Haha awesome I haven't seen the site this busy in a long time it's a good thing thanks to dio for advertising
I don't mean to sound douchey but it'd be much easier for many more people to join Gametoast if it hadn't been blocked. I myself, need to use a proxy every time I want to enter this site which can be annoying, often making me don't want to enter the website.

There must be another way for legit fans to enter Gametoast, it's kinda ridiculous to ban entire countries.

Apologies for the mini rant but I think it needed to be said.
Teancum wrote:Countries have been banned by the server that Gametoast is on, which has several other, non-related websites. We have no control over those server-wide bans as it isn't our decision. The server has banned certain regions due to spam accounts and attacks on the server.
If it's alright with GT staff I'll start posting updates to alternate social media (with a link back to the original forum) as well as on this site. So people in banned regions can still keep up to date. I'm not sure if this is against site rules or not so I won't say for sure yet. In the meantime anyone can add my steam account; I take all my screen shots with steam so anything new ends up on there anyways.

[EDIT] / UPDATE:

a few new screens from whats been in progress this week:

So first ground crew:
Hidden/Spoiler:
A modified tie pilot (fitted more to fit the other units / map added a few things and changed aorund some flags)
Hidden/Spoiler:
Standard Deathtrooper skin
Hidden/Spoiler:
And the hero unit for the map DT-5537 deathtrooper model/skin:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Triforce919
Private Recruit

Post by Triforce919 »

Really liking the Deathtrooper skins! They look fantastic!
giftheck
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
Projects :: Star Wars Battlefront Legacy

Post by giftheck »

There's no rule saying anything shown on Gametoast has to stay on Gametoast, so it's entirely up to you where you show this, Gogie.

Those are some nice units, by the way.
Delta-1035
Sith Master
Sith Master
Projects :: TOR GCWII GCW1035 BF1035
xbox live or psn: Johnny_Sciroppo

Post by Delta-1035 »

Nice models!
MikeTheBeast55
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Projects :: N.A.
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF1 SWBF2 LOTR
xbox live or psn: MikeTheeBeast55

Post by MikeTheBeast55 »

Excellent screenshots Gogie, loving the continued dedication to this map! When I think something can not get any better, you always prove me wrong (in a good way of course) and make me wonder what is next to do on the long list of problems or additions you plan to add in.
Delta327
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Projects :: Shattered Galaxy
Games I'm Playing :: Swbf2

Post by Delta327 »

Im thinking the map should have a weather mode?(just an idea)
xezene
Private Second Class
Projects :: NJO
Games I'm Playing :: BF2

Post by xezene »

Looks great so far! Incredible work, especially for being original. I'm also someone who would love to see Krennic and Jyn in there, but that's just me. :P

One question: do you plan on having Imperial walkers in the game coming in from the shore? This was in Rogue One, and it's a pretty awesome feature, makes gameplay interesting and feels epic -- the mod Corellia: Shores is evidence to that point!

Anyway, keep up the good work!
KeivanMereel
Private Recruit

Post by KeivanMereel »

If Bistan (the crazy Lakaru space monkey) carries the U-Wing's M45 waist cannon as his primary weapon, does that mean that troops will be able to fire their small arms while riding the transport? Either way I really would love to see me some rapid-fire airborne turret action, even if this means that Imperial firepower outnumber or outperform the U-Wings.
Hidden/Spoiler:
Gogie
Modeling Master
Modeling Master

Post by Gogie »

KeivanMereel wrote:If Bistan (the crazy Lakaru space monkey) carries the U-Wing's M45 waist cannon as his primary weapon, does that mean that troops will be able to fire their small arms while riding the transport? Either way I really would love to see me some rapid-fire airborne turret action, even if this means that Imperial firepower outnumber or outperform the U-Wings.
Hidden/Spoiler:

it is planned to have a M45 outside of the Uwings door; I do not however plan to have it on this map at this time, it is intended to be implemented by my second scarif map (the cargo zone) as walkers will be featured in that map and uwings will need the extra firepower; of special note the primary release of this map is also "trial and error" I intend to get feedback from players on this map and put the feedback to good use for the future of this project;

this will essentially be released in phases

1st phase: release Scarif: Imperial Landing Zone (planned to be released side by side with Rogue One on DVD/Blu-Ray)

2nd phase: take feedback from players and implement necessary changes, Scarif: Imperial Landing Zone itself will then be taken down from its original download and will be rereleased and updated as necessary along with the other 2 maps (Scarif: Imperial Cargo Zone / Space Scarif).

3rd phase: Take feedback from remainder of the map pack and implement changes when the next map pack is released / my larger project is announced.
DarthDio
Private Third Class
Projects :: 2D Artist for Battlefront III Legacy
Games I'm Playing :: StarWars Battlefront
xbox live or psn: none

Post by DarthDio »

Teancum wrote:Countries have been banned by the server that Gametoast is on, which has several other, non-related websites. We have no control over those server-wide bans as it isn't our decision. The server has banned certain regions due to spam accounts and attacks on the server.
I honestly didn't know that, ugh that sucks... let's get back on topic now! :-)

I'd also love to see some of the interiors of the Scarif Citadel be included in the map.
giftheck
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
Projects :: Star Wars Battlefront Legacy

Post by giftheck »

DarthDio wrote:
Teancum wrote:I'd also love to see some of the interiors of the Scarif Citadel be included in the map.
I think that's likely to be a separate map.

I'm looking forward to what you do with The Cargo Zone and how you approach doing the AT-ACTs. The base AT-AT model is a good place to start but needs some serious texture, body and head work.
TheGlitchGamer
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2

Post by TheGlitchGamer »

um, Download link

(sorry in advance for my incompetence I can't find it anywhere)
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny

Post by Teancum »

TheGlitchGamer wrote:um, Download link

(sorry in advance for my incompetence I can't find it anywhere)
Welcome.

That would be because you're in the SWBF2 Map/Mod Works In Progress forum. The map is still being worked on. When it's done it'll be in the SWBF2 Released Maps & Mods forum.
murphydog02

Post by murphydog02 »

Looks amazing! Can't wait to play it!
Gogie
Modeling Master
Modeling Master

Post by Gogie »

Sorry for lack of replies lately guys been putting a lot more work in and a lot less show boating with screen shots :p

so I think ill be releasing an early beta (no new weapons recycled things, non permanent rebel sides but still modified enough to fit the map) next week or the week after so I can have people look around for flaws with the map or gameplay. Early beta will be intended just to feature conquest mode on GCW. Trying to find my maps issues (there are a few with collisions, trees being above terrain ect) is proving extremely time consuming since the map itself is massive so a beta seems to be an easy out to help me find these issues. Also its important to note that the early beta will not feature any heroes as I still need to model one of them.

Of special note whats left to do before beta:
Model Pao
Model Bistan
Model Tie Reaper

of extra special note:
my computer has a difficult time recording video (which makes no sense to me because i play the game highest possible graphics with no drop in FR)
so upon release of this beta if anyone who can volunteer to record gameplay footage for me could do so it would be appreciated I need someone who can record at near perfect frame rate, one highest graphics with 4X AA and Vsync