Scarif Map Pack (v1.0 Beta, 2 Maps Released!)

Working on a new map? Have a new mod out for swbf2?! Post an announcement of the up-coming release here.

Moderator: Moderators

Sandtrooper956
Corporal
Corporal
Projects :: Just some little things
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2 and EAW
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Re: Scarif: Imperial Landing Zone

Post by Sandtrooper956 »

Have any plans for hero units? Perhaps Krennic and Jyn?
Gogie
Modeling Master
Modeling Master
Projects :: Tinkering away with LEGO

Post by Gogie »

Sandtrooper956 wrote:Have any plans for hero units? Perhaps Krennic and Jyn?
I haven't figured that out yet to be honest; krennic and jyn seems both appropriate and not appropriate for the map only because both jyn and krennic don't take part on the ground battles of scarif; however not putting krennic in seems like a bad choice also because I can't actually think of another imperial "hero" that even would have taken to the ground on scarif.

I have been thinking of doing dt 5537 and baze.
Warregory
Private Second Class
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: BF2

Post by Warregory »

Gogie wrote:
Sandtrooper956 wrote:Have any plans for hero units? Perhaps Krennic and Jyn?
I haven't figured that out yet to be honest; krennic and jyn seems both appropriate and not appropriate for the map only because both jyn and krennic don't take part on the ground battles of scarif; however not putting krennic in seems like a bad choice also because I can't actually think of another imperial "hero" that even would have taken to the ground on scarif.

I have been thinking of doing dt 5537 and baze.
It would be awesome if you could do what Dark Times II does, and have the heroes be random every time you launch the map.

So it could be like, DT-5537 vs Chirrut, then next time, Krennic vs Cassian, so on and so forth.
DarthDio
Private Third Class
Projects :: 2D Artist for Battlefront III Legacy
Games I'm Playing :: StarWars Battlefront
xbox live or psn: none

Post by DarthDio »

Seeing vehicles fly around the citadel made me smile :-)
Gogie
Modeling Master
Modeling Master

Post by Gogie »

i may in fact do a hero swap sooner or later;

Of special note this threads views has doubled in the last 2 hours; and we are averaging 8 or more guests on at a time; could someone explain this phenomenon please

If any of the guests online could explain how they found this topic it would be appreciated I'm really curious as to how this has dragged so much attention today
DylanRocket
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant
Projects :: None
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2

Post by DylanRocket »

Darth Dio posted a link to this thread on Reddit. :P

https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBattle ... lefront_2/
Gogie
Modeling Master
Modeling Master

Post by Gogie »

DylanRocket wrote:Darth Dio posted a link to this thread on Reddit. :P

https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBattle ... lefront_2/
Haha awesome I haven't seen the site this busy in a long time it's a good thing thanks to dio for advertising
Triforce919
Private Recruit

Post by Triforce919 »

If it's any helpful to you, I have been gone from the site for several months, and came back yesterday as soon as I heard about the Battlefront III Legacy mod's second beta, which iirc was reported on by several video game news publications. I'm pretty sure that due to that, and other key factors (your mod), Battlefront II is seeing a resurgence of interest!

In regards to your work, I was delighted to see that massive strides to make a Scarif map have been made. I love the custom assets, and I cannot wait to try them out! Out of curiosity, do you plan on making a space map to compliment the ground? The rebel command ship, and the defenses protecting Scarif would really diversify the map. Regardless, keep up the good work!!!
Gogie
Modeling Master
Modeling Master

Post by Gogie »

Triforce919 wrote:If it's any helpful to you, I have been gone from the site for several months, and came back yesterday as soon as I heard about the Battlefront III Legacy mod's second beta, which iirc was reported on by several video game news publications. I'm pretty sure that due to that, and other key factors (your mod), Battlefront II is seeing a resurgence of interest!

In regards to your work, I was delighted to see that massive strides to make a Scarif map have been made. I love the custom assets, and I cannot wait to try them out! Out of curiosity, do you plan on making a space map to compliment the ground? The rebel command ship, and the defenses protecting Scarif would really diversify the map. Regardless, keep up the good work!!!

I do intend to make a scarif space map after; this map is made pretty well initially As a "sides beta" to help make tweaks I may need for a larger planned expansion. This map will take the longest as I'm currently redoing ll sides but im aiming to put out a new map pack after every 2 months starting with a scarif map pack featuring space scarif; scarif imperial cargo zone and scarif imperial landing zone.
Aiogui
Recruit Womprat Killer
Games I'm Playing :: Battlefront II

Post by Aiogui »

Loving the look of the map. Can't wait to play it. Keep up the good work. I'm amazed of the details. Are you planning to release a beta any soon?

Also, when will you post more pictures, the hype is real!!
Delta327
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Projects :: Shattered Galaxy
Games I'm Playing :: Swbf2

Post by Delta327 »

Nice job
Gogie
Modeling Master
Modeling Master

Post by Gogie »

Aiogui wrote:Loving the look of the map. Can't wait to play it. Keep up the good work. I'm amazed of the details. Are you planning to release a beta any soon?

Also, when will you post more pictures, the hype is real!!
The map itselfs Initial release will be the beta I anticipate it will be finished late March or early April;

More pics will be released probably tonight or tomorrow; I'm working on a revised storm trooper model right now and player units tend to chew up a lot of time (takes me around a week at 6 hours a day to finish one player model)
Delta327
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by Delta327 »

Would you like any help with the map?
Gogie
Modeling Master
Modeling Master

Post by Gogie »

Delta327 wrote:Would you like any help with the map?

this entirely depends on the help offered; im always looking for new models / textures however as posted on the first page, these must be made by the person submitting and the textures must be made by the person submitting (im refusing to accept ports or anything not based on or included in the original BF2 assets or not user created).

im also looking for new game mode scripts and fresh ideas for game modes.

problem as well is im being very picky with my assets; a certain level of detail and a certain standard of quality has to be met before I will accept anything, this is not meant to make me look mean, I'm attempting to make a map pack that will draw old players and new players back to a great community and game, and unfortunately for that we need something good quality and fun.
Delta327
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by Delta327 »

How about a gamemode that involes recon, like killing off guards and attacking a specific objective?
Marth8880
Resistance Leader
Projects :: DI2 + Psychosis
Games I'm Playing :: Silent Hill 2
xbox live or psn: Marth8880

Post by Marth8880 »

Gogie wrote:(im refusing to accept ports or anything not based on or included in the original BF2 assets or not user created)
What about textures from texture databases such as CG Textures?
Gogie
Modeling Master
Modeling Master

Post by Gogie »

Marth8880 wrote:
Gogie wrote:(im refusing to accept ports or anything not based on or included in the original BF2 assets or not user created)
What about textures from texture databases such as CG Textures?

texture bases are alright; especially from open source texturing sites seeing as the authors put their textures online with the intent of having their work used by others. I mean dont just take a texture slap it on a model and call it a day... put effort in, modify them, make them fit what your working on. actually put effort in and take pride in whats made. Basically i'm following this basic rule because I feel like A) porting creates a bunch of issues and could potentially create conflicts with EA/Disney/Original companies. and B) putting effort into your work and slaving away to create a model is way more rewarding and creates a sense of accomplishment that simply porting cannot compare to.

[EDIT]

did some heavy modifications on Pandemics original storm trooper model to incorporate flags and fit the general visual appearance of the map; here are some wonderful before and after shots.
Hidden/Spoiler:
from this:

To this:

and from this:

To this:
SkinnyODST
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by SkinnyODST »

Wow. Just wow. Also that is some crazy lighting!
giftheck
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
Projects :: Star Wars Battlefront Legacy

Post by giftheck »

I'd probably widen the lenses on the helmet, they have a bit of a squint. Otherwise those are some great improvements!
Delta-1035
Sith Master
Sith Master
Projects :: TOR GCWII GCW1035 BF1035
xbox live or psn: Johnny_Sciroppo

Post by Delta-1035 »

Looks nice!