Scarif Map Pack (v1.0 Beta, 2 Maps Released!)

Working on a new map? Have a new mod out for swbf2?! Post an announcement of the up-coming release here.

Moderator: Moderators

Kingpin
Jedi
Jedi
Projects :: The Sith Wars II

Re: Scarif: Imperial Landing Zone

Post by Kingpin »

Gogie wrote: of extra special note:
my computer has a difficult time recording video (which makes no sense to me because i play the game highest possible graphics with no drop in FR)
so upon release of this beta if anyone who can volunteer to record gameplay footage for me could do so it would be appreciated I need someone who can record at near perfect frame rate, one highest graphics with 4X AA and Vsync
I would love to!
If you would like, I could also make you a trailer for the map for launch. You can look at my Sith Wars work here:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuhY7M ... _r7QhgsntA
Marth8880
Resistance Leader
Projects :: DI2 + Psychosis
Games I'm Playing :: Silent Hill 2
xbox live or psn: Marth8880

Post by Marth8880 »

Gogie wrote:my computer has a difficult time recording video (which makes no sense to me because i play the game highest possible graphics with no drop in FR)
What do you use to record footage? If Fraps, make sure "Lock framerate while recording" is checked.

Gogie
Modeling Master
Modeling Master
Projects :: Tinkering away with LEGO

Post by Gogie »

honestly anybody who wants to record and submit upon release is welcome; any and all help including recording or displaying my content will be greatly appreciated;

yeah i've tried fraps too; just my computer doesnt like recording... tried OBS and microsoft expression nothing seems to like to do it but oh well, a little community help never hurt nobody.

and with that:

The map is darn well complete at this point; I need to finish one bunker (which I may do after the alpha release) and finish fixing some issues with trees / low rez meshes on objects.

we can expect to see an open alpha test of the map within the next week :)

alpha will feature a rough draft of the sides (still work in progress but it'll give players an idea of whats coming)
I am currently fixing some AI points and some collision/lowrez issues then we are good to go.

In the mean time enjoy this small teaser:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Triforce919
Private Recruit
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by Triforce919 »

Looks fantastic! Really loving the reaper model/texture. Map looks like it's laid out nicely too!
Aiogui
Recruit Womprat Killer
Games I'm Playing :: Battlefront II

Post by Aiogui »

Amazing screenshot. You paid a lot of attention to the detail.

But, in my honest opinion, I think that it should look greener.

But I'm very happy anyway :)
Gogie
Modeling Master
Modeling Master

Re: Scarif: Imperial Landing Zone (Open Map Test Alpha Relea

Post by Gogie »

just released the Open Test Alpha version of the map; see first post for details (be gentle its my first map :))
DylanRocket
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant
Projects :: None
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2

Post by DylanRocket »

Gogie wrote:just released the Open Test Alpha version of the map; see first post for details (be gentle its my first map :))
Just tried it out. Loving it so far! Definitely one of the most visually impressive maps I've seen for this game. I did find a few collision issues and a floating tree (near CP0) so I'll try to post a few videos/screenshots in a bit.
giftheck
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
Projects :: Star Wars Battlefront Legacy

Post by giftheck »

DylanRocket wrote:
Gogie wrote:just released the Open Test Alpha version of the map; see first post for details (be gentle its my first map :))
Just tried it out. Loving it so far! Definitely one of the most visually impressive maps I've seen for this game. I did find a few collision issues and a floating tree (near CP0) so I'll try to post a few videos/screenshots in a bit.
Ditto to this. I got stuck in a staircase at the start and I noticed one or two models flickering out of existence (which suggests no low-res model for those). I also had a few issues selecting a CP to spawn from, but that might be down to the fact I was using BF2_Modtools to play rather than the main exe. Of course, I won't pick on the sounds or the localization being unfinished as this is unfinished and you're focusing on the gameplay.

The models, BTW, are awesome. I really love your U-Wing and TIE Reaper. They both handle pretty difficult though (and why can the TIE reaper perform stunts? Seems a bit odd to me given how slow-moving it is)
Warregory
Private Second Class
Games I'm Playing :: BF2

Post by Warregory »

This map is absolutely amazing, even for an alpha.

The assets are of the highest quality, a quality I've barely seen in modded maps. Yes, there are some issues; but those are already known and will be fixed. The only thing I wish to see added in a complete release are more vehicles. Things that make sense, like the Imperial hovertank. Maybe more flying vehicles, such as the TIE Striker, and maybe a Blue Squadron X-wing, but those may unnecessarily clutter the map.
MikeTheBeast55
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Projects :: N.A.
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF1 SWBF2 LOTR
xbox live or psn: MikeTheeBeast55

Post by MikeTheBeast55 »

Definitely a great map and very fun to play. I do have one small criticism though. As you said this is an alpha test and for an alpha test this is a really good map, possibly the best alpha test I have tried so far. However, there were minor things that can be fixed such as some weapon names were the coded weapon names instead of the actual weapon name (example: real name: blaster rifle, actual name on screen: something something rifle inf), I believe you said this in the first post regarding collision but I will just be sure this is what it means: AI pathing needs some improvement, overall it was not bad but there were stragglers getting stuck on objects like the bridges at most of the command posts and by the imperial base. Overall a very fun map and accurate recreation of the depiction so far, keep up the great work!
Gogie
Modeling Master
Modeling Master

Post by Gogie »

MikeTheBeast55 wrote:Definitely a great map and very fun to play. I do have one small criticism though. As you said this is an alpha test and for an alpha test this is a really good map, possibly the best alpha test I have tried so far. However, there were minor things that can be fixed such as some weapon names were the coded weapon names instead of the actual weapon name (example: real name: blaster rifle, actual name on screen: something something rifle inf), I believe you said this in the first post regarding collision but I will just be sure this is what it means: AI pathing needs some improvement, overall it was not bad but there were stragglers getting stuck on objects like the bridges at most of the command posts and by the imperial base. Overall a very fun map and accurate recreation of the depiction so far, keep up the great work!
Thanks everyone; a huge part of this alpha is to save me time with finding issues and instead move straight to fixing them; I appreciate the points made but if everyone who finds issues can take screen shots of the issues it would be appreciated just to make it easier for me to find and fix issues.

Also yeah I didn't focus on localization; I'll worry about that last, just it's the easiest thing to do bundled together but consumes unnecessary time to do by itself as I add content

Edit: moddb link is up
DarthDio
Private Third Class
Projects :: 2D Artist for Battlefront III Legacy
Games I'm Playing :: StarWars Battlefront
xbox live or psn: none

Post by DarthDio »

Yay! Gametoast isn't blocked anymore, downloaded!

Thank you for your hard work and dedication.
DeltaSquad
Games I'm Playing :: Star wars battleront

Post by DeltaSquad »

I just tested this map and it's by far the best modded map I have played. I can't wait to see the finished map.
Steelwheel

Post by Steelwheel »

I cannot say enough about how great this map is. It was totally worth the wait. I'm absolutely floored; best custom map I've played, and it's on alpha. The Shoretrooper models are amazing. I love that the Death Star looms in the horizon, and the expanded area of the map for dogfighting near the Citadel.

Three suggestions; however, they're not bugs (at least I don't think so), so take them as you will.

-The Empire seems to get scrubbed everytime I played as them. The Rebels give 'em a good licking every time. When I played as the Rebels, I could fly a U-Wing (really cool btw) the whole time and still win. The balance issue is probably due to my inadequacies as a player, as is my inability to destroy the Imperial Cargo Shuttles with either fighters or infantry.

-Could you add AT-AT's, or even AT-ACT's? They're my favorite vehicle and thought they were integral to the battle. There's probably not a whole lot of room for them down the main causeway of the map, but I could see them stationed along the perimeter. I'd have no problem with basic AT-AT's.

-I know that you plan on adding a named Deathtrooper as the Imperial hero. I politely request that you implement Director Orson Krennic instead. There's a model posted for public use, and while I understand your reasoning that he didn't physically fight on the beaches, he was a named character with a personality, and was the main villain in the film and technically the commanding officer for the Empire, even if he was just calling shots from the Citadel. I'm also super partial to Director Krennic, and as spectacular as the map is, it'd be disappointing if he isn't playable.

I've read through the whole thread, but I perhaps I missed something pertaining to the items above. Regardless, this is an excellent map, and I really appreciate your work on it.
Sandtrooper956
Corporal
Corporal
Projects :: Just some little things
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2 and EAW

Post by Sandtrooper956 »

Awesome, this is fantastic! One critique is that it needs some health/ammo droids. Oh and maybe change up the unit loadouts, they are kind of bland at the moment. Add some new weapons or something. Other than that this is super fun, great job!
Gogie
Modeling Master
Modeling Master

Post by Gogie »

Sandtrooper956 wrote:Awesome, this is fantastic! One critique is that it needs some health/ammo droids. Oh and maybe change up the unit loadouts, they are kind of bland at the moment. Add some new weapons or something. Other than that this is super fun, great job!
Gogie wrote:be patient as the sides included in the alpha map test are very much so temporary they are more or less "place holders" until I can finish revising the sides.
health and ammo droids are on the way; should be one under every landing zone, im undecided if turrets will make it in... I only have about 400 objects left before object limit, and as we can see with dissapearring objects in the back ground I'm close/on the verge/hitting the poly limit so I need to figure the placement of everything out still.
AQT
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by AQT »

Gogie wrote:and as we can see with dissapearring objects in the back ground I'm close/on the verge/hitting the poly limit
Consider giving every object a "low resolution" geometry, but use the same exact geometry as the original model. The game should be able to handle it.
Gogie
Modeling Master
Modeling Master

Post by Gogie »

AQT wrote:
Gogie wrote:and as we can see with dissapearring objects in the back ground I'm close/on the verge/hitting the poly limit
Consider giving every object a "low resolution" geometry, but use the same exact geometry as the original model. The game should be able to handle it.
every object has a low rez geometry (save for the metal flooring) the sheer number of trees has hit the poly limit, youll notice even low rez models dissapear in the far distance if you pan out. again poly limit; ive tried deleting a few leaves and extra polys here and there off low rez to help with this issue but it needs a bunch on tweaking.

ive actually removed shadow volumes on many of the crates and kept them only for players, vehicles and large objects because of this limit (as from what ive seen volumes contributes to this count)

Edit: upon reviewing YouTube videos some people may have a tie fighter or xwing loaded instead of the uwing this will be adjusted in a hot fix within the next few days
titanbass1
Recruit Womprat Killer
Games I'm Playing :: Battlefront 1+2

Post by titanbass1 »

I was very pleased with this alpha. It is a pleasant surprise to find maps with beautiful landscapes and not just well textured units. I have a few critiques regarding the map however.

A lot of the units have texture pops to their original textures from Battlefront II. I know it is still an alpha, but just letting you know I experienced it.

When compared to the movie, the Deathtrooper is a little underpowered in terms of arsenal and defense. I feel they deserve a special machine gun and enhanced defense to really scare people when they see one.

The heavy shoreline trooper with his submachine gun is way overpowered. The accuracy is honestly too accurate with a crazy fire rate that essentially puts every other class as useless compared to its power.

Some of the trees and barrels disappear from time to time. I assume that might just be an engine limitation, but I don't know.

Many weapons are the same from class to class. I personally would like a little more diversity.

Overall this map looks like it will be fantastic. I really love what you have done so far. Thanks for bringing this amazing fight to Battlefront II!
Gogie
Modeling Master
Modeling Master

Post by Gogie »

im a little annoyed to be honest less than 24 hours after release of the alpha and im already running into people reuploading and taking away from my hits on moddb...

please do not do this

here is a youtube video i found in which the author has effectively stolen my content:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqbkZY9znOg

if any spanish players can kindly ask him to either remove his media fire link or to add my links it would be appreciated.... I left a messege myself however im not certain he speaks english.