Naboo: Assault on Theed

Working on a new map? Have a new mod out for swbf2?! Post an announcement of the up-coming release here.

Moderator: Moderators

Recruit Womprat Killer
Projects :: Its a Secret
Games I'm Playing :: OG Battlefront II
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Re: Naboo: Assault on Theed

Postby TeeNuggetTa » Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:45 am

Sorry I didn't know how to word that out but I just didn't have fun with the gunplay at all. The Assault class I found wasn't to bad and was pretty enjoyable but my favorite class the heavy had his DC-15a do barely any damage which was fine as long as it kept on shooting longer but its overheat was too short. Most of the time I spent running away from the enemy while being shot at to wait for my weapon to recover. But don't get me wrong this map looks amazing and so do all the models made by Deviss but I suggest you use the Gistech E5-C for the heavy droid instead of the First Order Megablaster and Gistechs E5 pistol for the officer.

Chief Warrant Officer
Projects :: Battlefront Ultimate Commander
Games I'm Playing :: swbf I + II

Postby CdtFox » Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:32 pm

So okay i played a couple of hours and the map layout is really well done.

I have some suggestions that you might want to take:

*The weapons system needs a little bit of work, they are acting like Dice's game but not that close. Or in the other hand you can keep them as they are and it will feel more original.
*These black statues props from Rhen Var are nice, but that black color dosen't match the rest of the map:

Hidden/Spoiler:

*The sky could have been worked a little bit more, like adding lasers, explosions, ships dome models...etc
*As captain Kirra already mentioned updating the Republic Jump-Trooper's rocket launcher would be nice, you can use this model instead: http://www.mediafire.com/file/oa2ii5oid ... uncher.zip

I'll come back soon with new suggestions :wink:

Private
Projects :: TCW Death Watch Side Mod

Postby Javitolo98 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:00 pm

Are you considering add heroes from the EA Battlefront 2 ?,I ported a Rey model from JKA viewtopic.php?f=64&t=33222
and I will do a hoth jacket Han Solo

2nd Lieutenant
Projects :: Assault on Theed
Games I'm Playing :: Battlegrounds

Postby Lorul1 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:16 pm

TeeNuggetTa wrote:Sorry I didn't know how to word that out but I just didn't have fun with the gunplay at all. The Assault class I found wasn't to bad and was pretty enjoyable but my favorite class the heavy had his DC-15a do barely any damage which was fine as long as it kept on shooting longer but its overheat was too short. Most of the time I spent running away from the enemy while being shot at to wait for my weapon to recover. But don't get me wrong this map looks amazing and so do all the models made by Deviss but I suggest you use the Gistech E5-C for the heavy droid instead of the First Order Megablaster and Gistechs E5 pistol for the officer.

CdtFox wrote:So okay i played a couple of hours and the map layout is really well done.
I have some suggestions that you might want to take:
*The weapons system needs a little bit of work, they are acting like Dice's game but not that close. Or in the other hand you can keep them as they are and it will feel more original.

The weapons system will change, It is true that the damage and overheat times are messed up and this is also the most request change - so the weapon system will change ! I want to keep it accurate to EA's battlefront but I also want it to be fun for this battlefront. I was concidering using the Gistech E5-C at first for the droids but the First order weapon that they have now reminds the player more of EA's beta ! This weapon will probably change as the final game will not allow the droid to have that first order blaster. The Gistechs E5 pistol might be used if I can find it.

CdtFox wrote:*These black statues props from Rhen Var are nice, but that black color dosen't match the rest of the map:
Hidden/Spoiler:

So this is something Important I want everyone to see :
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=33045&p=531945&hilit=Sereja+naboo#p531945
There is a very talented battlefront 1 modder named Sereja and he is making a Theed map for battlefront 1 ! After he is done he will most likly be releasing his assets which I will use t improve my own map -
This quote here :
ggctuk wrote:More work has been done on Theed. Sereja was influenced by EA's Theed map to rebuild some parts.

means a lot because this means many more props from EA's battlefront will most likely be included in the assets Im getting

props, buildings, statues, and palace interior in my map will most likely be replaced with Sereja's
just look at these pictures :

Hidden/Spoiler:

I am getting in contact with Sereja

PROPS ARE GETTING REPLACED :thumbs:

CdtFox wrote:*The sky could have been worked a little bit more, like adding lasers, explosions, ships dome models...etc
*As captain Kirra already mentioned updating the Republic Jump-Trooper's rocket launcher would be nice, you can use this model instead: http://www.mediafire.com/file/oa2ii5oid ... uncher.zip

I'll come back soon with new suggestions :wink:

Thank you for the rocket launcher model I will use this one
orriginaly there were lasers in the sky ! and there still are ... can you find them ... They are in SPACE ! No I'm serious they are , this map does have ground to space which most people forget. I am working on getting the lasers back in the fake sky dome and getting the fake moving planes there and what not. One thing I noticed about Theed from the beta is that it is alive. It is full of objects - leaves everywhere moving clouds - birds - sounds - LIFE. I am working to make Theed feel more alive with more cluster and Effects ! Its looking pretty sweet right now and I will have pics coming up soon !

Javitolo98 wrote:Are you considering add heroes from the EA Battlefront 2 ?,I ported a Rey model from JKA viewtopic.php?f=64&t=33222
and I will do a hoth jacket Han Solo
[/quote][/quote]

I did see your Rey, I was considering Rey and Han, or maybe finding a way to use math in the LUA to have a random chance of one of two heroes the player can pic from or something. However, I think I'm gonna stray away from this idea and just have Yoda and Mual as EA's battlefront will probably move Rey and Han and boba to there respective Eras. Thank you though !

Recruit Womprat Killer
Projects :: Its a Secret
Games I'm Playing :: OG Battlefront II

Postby TeeNuggetTa » Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:33 pm

Gistechs E5pistol is in the donwload with his e5 blaster

Private Second Class
Projects :: BF3 related stuff
Games I'm Playing :: BF3 Remastered
xbox live or psn: d_Bro

Postby iamastupid » Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:10 pm

Suggestions from me:
I know you're already trying to raise the bird count so I'll cross that off my list.
Leaves, add a particle effect in some areas, where leaves fall.
Add more trees and tree variety.
The large supply shipments, these were pretty cool and can be used for cover.
You mentioned you are going to re texture some things, the maximum resolution I recommend is 1024x1024 which you should use to make your map more HD.

Overall brilliant map, I loved playing on it. Pretty accurate to what the Beta actually is.
I'm working on some stuff that I think your mod could utilise, that's *if* I get it working the way I plan to.

2nd Lieutenant
Projects :: Assault on Theed
Games I'm Playing :: Battlegrounds

Postby Lorul1 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:23 pm

TeeNuggetTa wrote:Gistechs E5pistol is in the donwload with his e5 blaster

added :thumbs:

iamastupid wrote:Suggestions from me:
I know you're already trying to raise the bird count so I'll cross that off my list.
Leaves, add a particle effect in some areas, where leaves fall.
Add more trees and tree variety.
The large supply shipments, these were pretty cool and can be used for cover.
You mentioned you are going to re texture some things, the maximum resolution I recommend is 1024x1024 which you should use to make your map more HD.

Overall brilliant map, I loved playing on it. Pretty accurate to what the Beta actually is.
I'm working on some stuff that I think your mod could utilise, that's *if* I get it working the way I plan to.

Thank you ! I,m not sure what i will do for the large boxes the player can go into ... maybe Sereja will have made some that i can use , The crates I can just pull from a stock map or some thing. More trees will hopefully be added as well as bigger trees ... The object count is becoming a problem but ill figure it out ...
falling leaves and Leave-nados have been added pics will be coming out soon !

Previous

Return to SWBF2 Map/Mod Works In Progress