iamastupid's Battlefront III Conversions

Working on a new map? Have a new mod out for swbf2?! Post an announcement of the up-coming release here.

Moderator: Moderators

Private First Class
User avatar
Posts: 80
Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2016 2:54 pm
Location: Discord
Projects :: BF3 related stuff
Games I'm Playing :: BF3 Remastered
xbox live or psn: d_Bro

iamastupid's Battlefront III Conversions

Postby iamastupid » Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:36 am

Note: At present time this map is NOT associated with the Battlefront III Legacy Mod

BF3: Tatooine


This map is a conversion of the Cancelled Battlefront 3 Tatooine map, I've been meaning to work on this for over a year now and only now have I bothered to do it. This originally started with the aim of being a addon to the existing Battlefront III Legacy mod but is rapidly growing beyond that (While it is still a possible outcome) I have bigger plans for the map.

Video
Hidden/Spoiler:


Screenshots
Hidden/Spoiler:
Image

Hidden/Spoiler:
Image

Hidden/Spoiler:
Image

Hidden/Spoiler:
Image


Gameplay
Hidden/Spoiler:
Will include basic gamemodes, space to ground warfare on Conquest, Hero Conquest, Campaign and Hunt
The map features large open spaces, tight spaces and interiors as well as 9 (At present) command posts, with Tanks, Flyers and Turrets at both teams disposal making the map feel like a actual battlefield

Future Plans
Hidden/Spoiler:
The people following my mod on one of my Discords still want the mod to be compatible with Legacy, if a integration pack is released then I'll add it, until then I will have to make new sides. I will add some additional eras (Remnants, New and Old Republic) all with new additional classes, also need to fix ALL the many many many many bugs :D

Other Maps
There are more maps in development, but none nearing completion:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Image

Hidden/Spoiler:
Image

Hidden/Spoiler:
Image



Credits
Ginev - For allowing use of is assets (s2g domes and all buildings)
Luke (Landwalker) - For giving me access to his BFIII Remastered assets and allowing me to use them (Evaporators, AcclamatorInteriors, Desolation Station and Invisible Hand map assets)
El Fabricio/the_legend - His unused BF3 Capital ships
CloneCommOmar - BF3 Sounds
AceMasterMind - For releasing the Tatooine textures
Corra Ashu (Clonetrooper126) - Base meshes
Free Radical - Original BF3 Assets and map
Last edited by iamastupid on Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:46 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Private Third Class
Posts: 52
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2017 2:33 pm
Location: Spain
Projects :: Improved Sides mod
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Re: Battlefront III Tatooine

Postby Javitolo98 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:40 am

It's awesome,I like battlefront 3 mods, Do you have plans to do the Invisible hand map? no one made it before
Last edited by Javitolo98 on Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jedi Admin
User avatar
Posts: 10846
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2005 11:42 pm
Location: Indiana
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Re: Battlefront III Tatooine

Postby Teancum » Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:58 am

Looks fantastic! It's amazing how good SWBF2 can look with some proper bumpmapping.

Private First Class
User avatar
Posts: 80
Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2016 2:54 pm
Location: Discord
Projects :: BF3 related stuff
Games I'm Playing :: BF3 Remastered
xbox live or psn: d_Bro

Re: Battlefront III Tatooine

Postby iamastupid » Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:08 am

Javitolo98 wrote:I awesome,I like battlefront 3 mods, Do you have plans to do the Invisible hand map? no one made it before

Luke (Landwalker) - For giving me access to his BFIII Remastered assets and allowing me to use them (Evaporators, AcclamatorInteriors, Desolation Station and Invisible Hand map assets)

It is on my wishlist

Rebel Sergeant
Posts: 183
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:52 pm
Projects :: A Galaxy Divided
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2 2005
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Re: Battlefront III Tatooine

Postby LitFam » Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:06 am

Amazing Job! :yes:

Droid Pilot Assassin
User avatar
Posts: 2003
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:58 pm
Projects :: Star Wars Battlefront Legacy

Re: Battlefront III Tatooine

Postby ggctuk » Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:08 pm

Looking pretty spiffy! So, how will you set your sides up? Will they exclusively be using SWBF3 assets or might you branch out?

Private First Class
User avatar
Posts: 80
Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2016 2:54 pm
Location: Discord
Projects :: BF3 related stuff
Games I'm Playing :: BF3 Remastered
xbox live or psn: d_Bro

Re: Battlefront III Tatooine

Postby iamastupid » Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:15 pm

ggctuk wrote:Looking pretty spiffy! So, how will you set your sides up? Will they exclusively be using SWBF3 assets or might you branch out?

Atm I plan to have the bf3 sides (CW, GCW with Locals) then possibly branch out if I can be bothered or have the time.

Droid Pilot Assassin
User avatar
Posts: 2003
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:58 pm
Projects :: Star Wars Battlefront Legacy

Re: Battlefront III Tatooine

Postby ggctuk » Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:17 pm

IIRC, SWBF3 would have had five classes, which was its one downside IMO.

Private First Class
User avatar
Posts: 80
Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2016 2:54 pm
Location: Discord
Projects :: BF3 related stuff
Games I'm Playing :: BF3 Remastered
xbox live or psn: d_Bro

Re: Battlefront III Tatooine

Postby iamastupid » Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:23 pm

ggctuk wrote:IIRC, SWBF3 would have had five classes, which was its one downside IMO.

Actually it could've had more, by memory FRD BF3 had 6 on all teams, (Then multiple heroes as well), I was considering adding the RC integration pack into my mod as well.

2nd Lieutenant
User avatar
Posts: 405
Joined: Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:34 pm
Location: Your House
Projects :: Assault on Theed
Games I'm Playing :: Battlegrounds
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Re: Battlefront III Tatooine

Postby Lorul1 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:38 pm

good idea , this map looks good in bf2

Sergeant Major
User avatar
Posts: 245
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:02 am
Location: Bulgaria
Projects :: Remaking FR Battlefront 3 Tatooine map.
Games I'm Playing :: nothing for now
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Re: Battlefront III Tatooine

Postby Ginev » Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:05 am

Its really nice looking.Only few flashing buildings but thats because you need to decrease the LOD distance a little more.It happen to me aswell when i was testing them ingame.I spend 3 months working hard every day to create all thouse buildings and ye like Teacum said with some proper bumpmaping it looks amazing..Here is how i set everything in ZEtools material editor.

I used render type 27 and specular map Checked.
Then i reduced the ambient light to exactly 177.That way the buildings are not super shiny and they look even better on light rather than just a simple bump map 27 with no specularity.Just siple tips for people who are modeling.Anyway nice map. :thumbs:

1st Lieutenant
User avatar
Posts: 439
Joined: Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:05 am
Location: New Jersey
Projects :: N.A.
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF1 SWBF2 LOTR
xbox live or psn: MikeTheeBeast55

Re: Battlefront III Tatooine

Postby MikeTheBeast55 » Sun Aug 27, 2017 1:38 pm

I must say this looks really good so far, the completed Battlefront III looking Tatooine should be very interesting once it is finished. I hope you keep up the great work on this map since it has come a long way so far!

Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Jul 08, 2017 3:54 pm
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Star Wars
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Re: Battlefront III Tatooine

Postby MyterioGvmer » Sat Sep 02, 2017 1:34 pm

Can we go in the escape pods like from elite squadron

Sergeant Major
User avatar
Posts: 245
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:02 am
Location: Bulgaria
Projects :: Remaking FR Battlefront 3 Tatooine map.
Games I'm Playing :: nothing for now
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Re: Battlefront III Tatooine

Postby Ginev » Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:19 pm

I think we missed someone who is really important in the credits.Corra Ashu converted all of the Free Radical BF3 related models.I was following his facepunch forms really close.Since he converted all of the base meshses and since i get from him the basemeshes i think he also deserve to be mention in the credits. :)

Private First Class
User avatar
Posts: 80
Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2016 2:54 pm
Location: Discord
Projects :: BF3 related stuff
Games I'm Playing :: BF3 Remastered
xbox live or psn: d_Bro

Re: Battlefront III Tatooine

Postby iamastupid » Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:23 pm

Ginev wrote:I think we missed someone who is really important in the credits.Corra Ashu converted all of the Free Radical BF3 related models.I was following his facepunch forms really close.Since he converted all of the base meshses and since i get from him the basemeshes i think he also deserve to be mention in the credits. :)

I didn't include him originally since there's ongoing controversy whether he did get the models originally (As in he has been accused and partially proven to have been stealing said assets from various other sources) and I was trying to avoid going into that, however since this map is 90% yours I've added him back into the credits since that's your opinion and I tend not to keep my own.

Droid Pilot Assassin
User avatar
Posts: 2003
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:58 pm
Projects :: Star Wars Battlefront Legacy

Re: Battlefront III Tatooine

Postby ggctuk » Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:37 pm

iamastupid wrote:
Ginev wrote:I think we missed someone who is really important in the credits.Corra Ashu converted all of the Free Radical BF3 related models.I was following his facepunch forms really close.Since he converted all of the base meshses and since i get from him the basemeshes i think he also deserve to be mention in the credits. :)

I didn't include him originally since there's ongoing controversy whether he did get the models originally (As in he has been accused and partially proven to have been stealing said assets from various other sources) and I was trying to avoid going into that, however since this map is 90% yours I've added him back into the credits since that's your opinion and I tend not to keep my own.


Is it ongoing? Or would it have been put largely to bed with the updated EULAs? Those models are definitely ripped from the XBox360 SWBF3 build, there was a ton of discussion on another forum about ripping the map objects out, though we only ever got 'collision models'.

Jedi Admin
User avatar
Posts: 10846
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2005 11:42 pm
Location: Indiana
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Re: Battlefront III Tatooine

Postby Teancum » Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:47 pm

I was under the impression that Xentax members have reverse engineered the model formats at this point anyway. Maybe not?

Private First Class
User avatar
Posts: 80
Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2016 2:54 pm
Location: Discord
Projects :: BF3 related stuff
Games I'm Playing :: BF3 Remastered
xbox live or psn: d_Bro

Re: Battlefront III Tatooine

Postby iamastupid » Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:42 pm

ggctuk wrote:
iamastupid wrote:
Ginev wrote:I think we missed someone who is really important in the credits.Corra Ashu converted all of the Free Radical BF3 related models.I was following his facepunch forms really close.Since he converted all of the base meshses and since i get from him the basemeshes i think he also deserve to be mention in the credits. :)

I didn't include him originally since there's ongoing controversy whether he did get the models originally (As in he has been accused and partially proven to have been stealing said assets from various other sources) and I was trying to avoid going into that, however since this map is 90% yours I've added him back into the credits since that's your opinion and I tend not to keep my own.


Is it ongoing? Or would it have been put largely to bed with the updated EULAs? Those models are definitely ripped from the XBox360 SWBF3 build, there was a ton of discussion on another forum about ripping the map objects out, though we only ever got 'collision models'.

Teancum wrote:I was under the impression that Xentax members have reverse engineered the model formats at this point anyway. Maybe not?

It was not a case of whether the models were ripped but more of whether Corra was the one who ripped them, he's also in the negative light of one of my main asset contributors (Luke Landwalker) and is highly disliked by him for many reasons, tbh idrc as long as those assets are available and people can use them for amazing stuff.

And to avoid double posting:

Map not in Development

(By me anyway)


From this point this map is not in development by me, it will be continued by another developer (You can play a lovely guessing game if you want)
It will still use the same assets, layout and all the stuff I accomplished, so in essence it's the same map. If you want to delete this thread go ahead, however I may revisit my version of this map in my upcoming mods and might use it as a test map and post stuff here and perhaps release it in the future for those mods.

Since this will be the last time I probably post screenshots of this version of this map here are some I haven't yet posted here:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Last screenshot before map broke for me:
Image

Hidden/Spoiler:
Image

Hidden/Spoiler:
Image

Hidden/Spoiler:
Image


In the meantime, I'm working on a side mod, BF3: Yavin IV, BF3: Desolation Station and a few recreations of things so there's a few things to look forward to from me in the future.

Resistance Leader
User avatar
Posts: 4935
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:43 pm
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Projects :: EVERYWHERE
Games I'm Playing :: Dark Souls + BF4
xbox live or psn: Marth8880

Re: iamastupid's Battlefront III Conversions

Postby Marth8880 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:20 am

Image



Sergeant Major
User avatar
Posts: 245
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:02 am
Location: Bulgaria
Projects :: Remaking FR Battlefront 3 Tatooine map.
Games I'm Playing :: nothing for now
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Re: iamastupid's Battlefront III Conversions

Postby Ginev » Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:31 pm

If El Fabricio will be making it and puting it in his mod i will be happy :)
I dont know...maybe when i finish the First Assault Tatooine i might join his project if he still want me...but who knows im not sure yet :mrgreen:

Next

Return to SWBF2 Map/Mod Works In Progress

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests