Crait Battlefront 2 2017 Remake

Working on a new map? Have a new mod out for swbf2?! Post an announcement of the up-coming release here.

Moderator: Moderators

Lorul1
Rebel Colonel
Rebel Colonel
Projects :: Assault on Theed
Games I'm Playing :: Battlegrounds
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Crait Battlefront 2 2017 Remake

Post by Lorul1 »

The force awakens came out and we got force awakens maps ,
Rouge one came out and we got rouge one maps ,
With the last Jedi right around the corner ... I present to you some early previews of my new Crait map ! It's based of EA's upcoming DLC NOT the movie.

I've been working on this map secretly and now that the environment looking good in game I wanted to go ahead and announce it.

it will be added to my battlefront 2 EA conversion project !!
Inspiration: https://youtu.be/n0-ye4LXWts

PICTURES:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Here's some pictures of EA's Crait !
Hidden/Spoiler:

IMPORTANT :
recently I have been made aware that a fellow battlefront 2 modder was planning on creating his own Crait map, I had no clue about this and if I would have known I probably would not have started production on my map. I have already been working on this for a few weeks and its actually doing really well so its late to turn back.
I beleive in
The reason WHY I've made a Crait map is so to be added to my EA battlefront 2 conversion pack. I am not trying to copy and steal ideas ! I am a fair guy and I know that If I had an idea and someone eels made something before me i might be feeling bad.

The more and more I think about it there are probably more then 2 of us who want to recreate ... Crait (lol reCRAIT) ... anyways I want to point out that this map IS HEAVILY EA BASED there is still room for movie based Crait maps that are much bigger and better than mine guys.
And when you think about it Crait is such an easy map to make its completely flat ! and doesn't have very many objects either. Once you have the ski speeders and the At-M6's your pretty much set. The only thing that makes me diffrent from some of you less experienced modders is JUST experience. I want to motivate all of you who want to make a Crait map to NOT give up and GO FOR IT . Make the Best map there is !!

In order to help all of you out I want to make any Ski Speeders and AT-M6 walkers I obtain FREE FOR DOWNLOAD here on gametoast - that way EVERYONE can make Crait !
I believe in fair creativity for everyone and I don't want anyone to feel bad. GO FOR YOUR DREAMS !!!

Since my map is EA Based it will have gameplay and classes similar to my Assult on Theed map .
Once I play EA's DLC then I will continue to improve this map and my map will basically follow EA's maps same objectives and what not.

Things that still need to be added :
*Fin and phasma will be the heros for this map - right
*We will have the weird looking force order ATAT rip offs using the standard atat animation
*There will be reskined tie fighters Hopefully maybe some newer first order atst's
*Crystal caves hopefully
*explosions replaced with red dust
*Red trenches and LOADS of red dust
* I'm guessing the resistance "scrap speeders" will work a lot like republic tanks and I'd
Imagine that that dust scraper peice on the bottom would just not have collisions
And go through the ground.

I have some things I need to think about too -
How will I do the red dust speeder trial effects ?
How will I do the red foot prints ?
I want the ski speeders to come from the top of the base like they are supposed to. how will this work ?
Want are you thoughts about the resistance speeders and how should those work ?

I'm always looking for help so pm me here on gametoast or on YT or whatever !
Of course as you know I give LOADS of credit to all those who help ! So if you want some publicity or if you want your name to get out there, helping is a good way to do it. I don't have the first order "AT-6 whatever" walkers or the ski speeders done yet and I'm looking for some good first order models (and a first order flamethrower) as well, I'll also need phasma and fin, maybe if anyone wants to help design some accurate buildings that could be a help. And once we actually play EA's map we will probably find there's still a lot to do.

my kashyyyk conversion takes priority over this one and that one is even before naboo right now lol so this one will take a little time ... you'll MIGHT be playing it in January, or if i can get my hands on a model for an AT-M6 and a ski speeder , Maybe even this month ! ... BUT it's tough to say either way.

What are your ideas ?
Last edited by Lorul1 on Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:28 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Huscarl
Private Third Class
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Good Battlefront 2
xbox live or psn: PSN - Huscarl

Re: Crait Battlefront 2 2017 Remake

Post by Huscarl »

Got a few ideas: Speeder effects - You know how the vehicles emit smoke when your ship is hurt really badly? Maybe you could put that effect on the ship but ya
know, making the smoke red and bigger
Footprints - So you know the black explosion marks that happen when you shoot the ground? For now until an actual solution is presented, you
could use that as the footprints and make it red instead of black

Models - Delta-1035's GCWII has great first order models (as well as flame troopers, finn, and phasma)
http://www.moddb.com/mods/galactic-civil-war-ii
LitFam
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF II 2005

Post by LitFam »

AQT
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by AQT »

Please familiarize yourself with the WIP Rules. Please keep all ideas in the Mod/Map Idea Thread. Thank you.

EDIT
Original poster has 3 days to verify that this is indeed a work-in-progress thread, or else it will be locked again.
Lorul1
Rebel Colonel
Rebel Colonel

Post by Lorul1 »

LitFam wrote:You got a rival Lorul1: http://www.moddb.com/mods/the-battle-of-crait
I updated the first post to include my response to this ... if you didn't see it yet click here :
Hidden/Spoiler:
recently I have been made aware that a fellow battlefront 2 modder was planning on creating his own Crait map, I had no clue about this and if I would have known I probably would not have started production on my map. I have already been working on this for a few weeks and its actually doing really well so its late to turn back.
I beleive in
The reason WHY I've made a Crait map is so to be added to my EA battlefront 2 conversion pack. I am not trying to copy and steal ideas ! I am a fair guy and I know that If I had an idea and someone eels made something before me i might be feeling bad.

The more and more I think about it there are probably more then 2 of us who want to recreate ... Crait (lol reCRAIT) ... anyways I want to point out that this map IS HEAVILY EA BASED there is still room for movie based Crait maps that are much bigger and better than mine guys.
And when you think about it Crait is such an easy map to make its completely flat ! and doesn't have very many objects either. Once you have the ski speeders and the At-M6's your pretty much set. The only thing that makes me diffrent from some of you less experienced modders is JUST experience. I want to motivate all of you who want to make a Crait map to NOT give up and GO FOR IT . Make the Best map there is !!

In order to help all of you out I want to make any Ski Speeders and AT-M6 walkers I obtain FREE FOR DOWNLOAD here on gametoast - that way EVERYONE can make Crait !
I believe in fair creativity for everyone and I don't want anyone to feel bad. GO FOR YOUR DREAMS !!!
Huscarl wrote:Got a few ideas: Speeder effects - You know how the vehicles emit smoke when your ship is hurt really badly? Maybe you could put that effect on the ship but ya
know, making the smoke red and bigger
Footprints - So you know the black explosion marks that happen when you shoot the ground? For now until an actual solution is presented, you
could use that as the footprints and make it red instead of black

Models - Delta-1035's GCWII has great first order models (as well as flame troopers, finn, and phasma)
http://www.moddb.com/mods/galactic-civil-war-ii
MMMMmmmm thanks for the ideas. I really think the speeder one is unique and i might just use it ! ill update you guys on the speeders with some new pictures soon - ill be using the closed B-Wing as a place holder speeder for now !
Delta-1035's GCWII is pretty good but aside from a few things like the flametooper, resistance solider, and tie fighter (which i will ask him for), a lot of everything else is pretty much just retextures - kylo ren is a textured emperor, the first order toopers are retextured stormtroopers, same with Phasma , fin is a retextured luke , etc ... im not trying to undermine his work - he did an AMAZING job. It's just that alot of those things I can retexture do myself. for the standard first order trooper I'm using Anakin's first order troopers !! good job on that by the way Anakin.

on the post Anakin had for this trooper he said
anakin wrote:I couldn't get this finished because i started a new project...
What else is missing?
- specular map,
- normal map,
- heavy trooper,
- captain phasma
I want to add these things in the future (:
MissingTexture
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant
Projects :: SW Resistance Rising

Post by MissingTexture »

I've made a Resistance Heavy Support and Resistance Trooper if you would like to use them? Planning to use them for my First Order Rising Mod, would like to see if you would aswell. I sent you a PM so you can see how they look :)
Delta-1035
Sith Master
Sith Master
Projects :: TOR GCWII GCW1035 BF1035
xbox live or psn: Johnny_Sciroppo

Post by Delta-1035 »

Lorul1 wrote:Delta-1035's GCWII is pretty good but aside from a few things like the flametooper, resistance solider, and tie fighter (which i will ask him for), a lot of everything else is pretty much just retextures - kylo ren is a textured emperor, the first order toopers are retextured stormtroopers, same with Phasma , fin is a retextured luke , etc ... im not trying to undermine his work - he did an AMAZING job. It's just that alot of those things I can retexture do myself. f
Thanks for the kind words, but I must tell you that the 3 things that you plan to ask me are also reskins of vanilla models. The fo flametrp is basically the stock stormie with a backpack released by sereja on swbfgamers, the resistance soldier is the rep spacepilot without the tubes and pack + the rebel backpack (IIRC) and the fo tie is the stock one/or the thelegend's one released with tatooine at war assets (can't remember which one I ended up releasing).
Anakin
Master of the Force
Master of the Force
Projects :: RC Side Mod - Remastered - SWBF3 Legacy

Post by Anakin »

check out the BF3 legacy mod. Fabricio/Legend uses my version, too. But as far as i remember he already finished specular, normal mapping, heavy, flame trooper and phasma
giftheck
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
Projects :: Star Wars Battlefront Legacy

Post by giftheck »

The AT-M6 would be a bit more difficult to make, I think: as the movement doesn't appear to entirely be like the AT-AT at all - the front 'legs' are more like arms.

However, the First Order did also use upgraded AT-ATs during Crait.
thelegend
Sith
Sith
Projects :: Star Wars - Battlefront III Legacy
Games I'm Playing :: Swbf GTA CoD LoL KH
xbox live or psn: El_Fabricio#

Post by thelegend »

Would really love to see custom vehicle models + new animations as well :D
Delta327
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Projects :: Shattered Galaxy
Games I'm Playing :: Swbf2

Post by Delta327 »

I like it keep up the good work
Lorul1
Rebel Colonel
Rebel Colonel

Post by Lorul1 »

AtAt's were indeed used on crait !! BUT if EA does not include them then i probably wont add theme either lol - we will see !

Now regarding the Gorilla Walkers I am aware that there animation needs to be stiff in the arms so Ill agree with thelegend and say new animations would probably be best BUT i think that the standard ATAT animation would STILL make people happy ... whoever is making this model and animating it and what not its your call. Im slowly learning how to make 3d models and its actually going okay but I probably wouldn't be the one to make the ATM6 :runaway: So MAJOR credit to who ever does that !

Thanks by the way delta for all that helpful info and thanks for the support that should really help troop development and what not !

BIG shoutout to MissingTexture who gave me some resistance soldiers ! Pics along with the temporary "Bwing ski speeder" will be coming later today everyone !

Because this game works differently then battlefront 2 EA - I needed to make this map ... NOT flat and boring ! SOOO the first stage of this map will really emphasize trench warfair -
Ill have the majority of AI wait in trenches and go "over the top" based on a timer to move up following after the walkers ! the resistance will get lots of sniper support and positions near the base ! I think that an element of "calm before the storm" will work well for this trench based map ! if I can pull this off the right way it will be a lot more then just shooting AI coming at you from an open plain - the objectives will still remain the same as EA's map. Ive already done some work on this but its not done yet.

The question I want to know from you to help me develop this map is should the first order troopers use the clone's voices or the stormtroopers voices ... I'm leaning toward clone voices to emphasize how brainwashed the first order troopers are - they are almost like clones in the scene that they are all share the same complete allegiance to the first order - it would be also unique and different from other maps - what are your thoughts.
MissingTexture
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Post by MissingTexture »

I like the idea of the First Order using clone voices, seems almost fitting! Do you plan on using the BF3 ATAT at all or stick to stock?
Warregory
Private Second Class
Games I'm Playing :: BF2

Post by Warregory »

Definitely use the clone voices, but if possible, remove any reference to the Chancellor and stuff.

In the words of Lord Ren, "Maybe Supreme Leader Snoke should've used a clone army."
Lorul1
Rebel Colonel
Rebel Colonel

Post by Lorul1 »

Good points you two ! its decided then :thumbs: Ill try to remove those clone lines "Clone, watch your fire, etc" - I could replace the ATAT's With battlefront 3's , for now the ATAT's are just temporary ... I'm banking on that eventually we will get AT-M6's. ATAT's will be in the level if they are in EA's ... if not then they wont be there
MissingTexture
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Post by MissingTexture »

If ATM6s do come along to Battlefront 2, why not make a downed ATAT as a prop for cover to add some form of effect & level to the environment? Just a suggestion :)
Lorul1
Rebel Colonel
Rebel Colonel

Post by Lorul1 »

That's a really good idea !! :thumbs:
ill be playing EA's dlc soon and I want to see how they do things then i may deviate a little from there by adding downed ATAT's and what not - I don't want it to be flat and boring but at the same time that's kinda what Crait is lol
captainkira41
Private Recruit
Games I'm Playing :: Battlefront 2

Post by captainkira41 »

Could you use these blasters and troops that are in this mod http://www.moddb.com/mods/first-order-s ... /downloads
or use the first order stuff in Star Wars Battlefront 3 Legacy

EDIT: When I was saying troops I meant like the flametrooper, kylo ren, phasma, and fin
Last edited by captainkira41 on Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MissingTexture
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Post by MissingTexture »

captainkira41 wrote:Could you use these blasters and troops that are in this mod http://www.moddb.com/mods/first-order-s ... /downloads
or use the first order stuff in Star Wars Battlefront 3 Legacy
Pretty sure that Deviss released his FO Weapons Pack on here a little while back, I'm sure Lorul1 will update it to those if not different models! The player models themselves look almost identical to the ones he is using, but that's just my opinion :lol:
Lorul1
Rebel Colonel
Rebel Colonel

Post by Lorul1 »

I think they are identical lol ... thanks guys for the links (: (: (: